1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

petes farm

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by tom_mitchell, Jan 15, 2014.

1. tom_mitchell

tom_mitchell Well-Known Member

so im fairly new here I put up a newbie thread a few months ago hoping to get into the sport.. after a few issues with health etc im now back to my best and ready to get out there. ive joined up with basc and am now looking at going to petes (will look like a complete fool as ill have my old Chinese air rifle from many years ago..I want to make sure I still enjoy it before I invest)

so ive called pete today and got no answer so have left him a voice mail.. does anyone know if hes good at replying or should I give him another call in a few hours?

plus has anyone got any advice on taking the sport back up? im using something called a kl-3b fast deer its got a silly big scope on it but I couldn't find any iron sights to fit...

any advice much appreciated and I hope to meet some people down there aswell...

Thanks

Tom

2. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

He is good at replying but it is a working farm so he is busy. As long as it shoots people don't worry about your rifle depending on wether it is safe and legal or not.

3. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

Tom, If Free on a Saturday - pop along to Lea Valley - in Hertford

www.lvagc.com

Well over a 100 Shooters on the Ranges Most saturday's - shooting SMK's to Daystates

Range / Green Fee £5.00 -Covered by Club insurance

Club has in House caters -

First Visit you do need to bring ID - picture Driving License etc - after tour you can go and Shoot

Open Offer -

This Saturday if HFT Rifle - for Competition types -

BOB/R

4. Teach72

Teach72 Well-Known Member

Hey tom, I'm local and haven't been meaning to go for a long time. Let me know if you want a tag along?

5. trig

trig Engaging Member

No one will care what you shoot, just go and enjoy! Pete is a top bloke and usually replies pretty quick but as said by others, is working the farm too.

6. Count Jedi

Count Jedi Donator

Like everyone else Pete's farm is a great day out, just take a lot of pellets!

7. tom_mitchell

thanks for all the replies guys. I got through to someone called Richard in the end. im going down there tomorrow for my induction shall be arriving around 9.30 if anyone wants to say hi to a newbie your more than welcome :)

8. Count Jedi

Count Jedi Donator

Take some paper targets with you and a few quid for the heater and drinks etc.

Most of all enjoy

I would love to come down but I'm working tomorrow, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

9. Tim_B

Tim_B Major Poster

I'm thinking of going down on Friday morning...as said, take lots of pellets and a good coat - its freezing in the shed :) Usually good banter and very helpful people.

Cheers
    Tim

10. tom_mitchell

went down there this morning and had a great time!! thanks to everyone who was down there you all gave me fantastic advice and thanks for letting me play with your pcps...

so what ive discovered is my scope is awful.. (it fell off just after getting it zero'd) wont be buying from ebay again. and I need a decent rifle because firing a nearly 20 year old springer just isn't as fun!

so heres the next step guys everyone needs to start recommending... I don't think my wife will let me spend the money on a pcp so anyone got any good recommendations on anything else.. im thinking rifle up to £200 and scope up to 60-70 I guess? or a combo for 300?

any help much appreciated...

11. leaky5

leaky5 Donator

If you search on Guntrader, there is a dealer in Chelmsford who has a .177 HW99s, inculding scope silencer and sling for £199. The main thing to watch out for on older 99's is that the cocking arm can rub on the underneath of the cylinder.

12. leaky5

leaky5 Donator

BTW, how busy was it down there today ? I have only ever been at the weekend, but am planning a week day visit soon.

13. tom_mitchell

14. simonc_here

simonc_here Engaging Member

Not going into the guns (but you could get something much better second hand for you budget ;) ), but you might want to do a quick search on the forums for pellpax. There has been some trouble in the past.

Simon

15. leaky5

leaky5 Donator

I would go for a HW99s over those, even with the cocking link issue (which can be dealt with). They are a very well respected gun for the money.

16. tom_mitchell

Brilliant seems like sound advice.. :) I shall look into this dealer in chelmsford :) thankyou leaky and everyone else!! Look forward to meeting some of you at petes :)

17. Tim_B

Tim_B Major Poster

I would second the 99s for 200 quid - you won't find much better for the price new. If you want something pcp wise and second hand you could pick up something like a Air Arms S200 with scope for around 270 to 300 then squeeze the price of a pump in at about 70 to 90 quid (second hand). An easy way into the pcp world and they are very good guns.

I am there tomorrow morning and can bring both down if you want to have a go - I also have a BSA ultra which is another good, cheap, accurate offering from BSA.

cheers
    Tim

18. Teach72

Teach72 Well-Known Member

Glad you had a good day. Sorry could not join you work. Have a week off in a month

19. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

the airgun centre well worth a look mate,thats in Rayleigh in Essex http://www.theairguncentre.com/

20. tom_mitchell

Well this afternoon I managed to pic up a hawke sport hd 3-9 x 40 with mounts for 45 quid which I thought was pretty good so will be back down there soon with my s****y springer (its new name) wont be untill either an evening or a morning next week now though as I have to work alot :-( but thanks for the offer tim!!!