1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Petes Airgun Range = Good Place

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by pjgtech, Jul 13, 2018.

1. pjgtech

pjgtech Stay Calm and Carry On....

Been thinking about giving Petes Airgun Farm a go for a while, it not local to me, (I'm in Bromley, its in Essex) but finally got around to it today. Rang and arranged my induction yesterday, and I went along this morning. What nice people! :) And what a great place! :thumb:

Did the obligatory induction, then hit the ranges, for those that don't know its a large farm, with several ranges, a large 40m indoor range (a converted barn) and a slightly smaller indoor range (also converted barn). The large one probably has space for about 20 to 25 shooters, whereas the smaller one probably has space for about 12 to 15. Then there is a short pistol range (under cover) and two outside ranges, but you shoot from a covered position. One of these is a small HFT course (15 targets), prone, standing, etc, but if a competition is not on, you can still shoot using a rest etc if you like. The other is a general outdoor range with various targets. Theres even heaters in the range for the winter months, bloody luxury or wot!!!

Weather was glorious, I had a great few hours, all the other shooters were friendly and helpful, the only negative was the tea/coffee/hot chocolate machine was not working! :facepalm: but the other vending machines were working ok... :up:

If you have not been, get yourself along there, its avery good air gun facility, I will deffo be returning asap.

I had briefly zeroed my new Pro Sport at home in the garden earlier this week, but I had the chance to give it a proper shake down today, blimey my arm aches! The underlever certainly gives your arm a work out and after about 50-60 pellets, you know you are going to ache tomorrow!

But, after a bit I got it fairly accurate out to 30m, see target group below, I was very happy with this group, the PS is more of a handful than my (tuned) HW97, it does have a bit more of a "kick", which took a bit of getting used to..... but I'm getting there.... :D

All in all had a lovely time, very relaxing day, had a walk round the farm, went down to the carp lake for a mooch, it s a very tranquil place, especially when your normal week is pretty much a dowdy urban sprawl. Highly recommended..... :claping:

Petes airgun farm target using pro sport (2).jpg Petes airgun farm 13 july 2018 (1).jpg

Attached Files:

2. Tim_B

Tim_B Very Active

Yes, it is a good place - I was also there today, in the longer/smaller range and had it all to myself. You must have been in the induction group that came round :). It's also a bit of a trek for me, but it's a nice way to spend a day off.

Thanks
    Tim B

3. pjgtech

Did you have the camo top on? yep we did have a quick look in there. I was initially shooting in the large range, then had a drive round the farm, walked by the lake, then drove back up the range and had a go on the HFT and the other outside ranges, after about 3.5hrs my shoulder was aching too much, bloody Pro Sport! also gave my HW97 a run out and also had a go with my SMK Victory CP2, but it was a very nice day......
    I will deffo be back..... :thumb:

4. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

I love it at Petes!!

5. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

i love it at petes too, unfortunately childcare and lack of transport stop me going as often as i would like

6. pjgtech

You would, but its bloody local for you! :) Whereas, its still a bit of a trek for me, took me over an hour to get there this morning, and just over an hour to get back, (was a monster hold up going thru the Dartford Tunnel, luckily on the other side of the motorway, not affecting me!) and I was there for 3 to 3.5 hours, so around six hours, so its a full day for me, which I don't mind, but I will have to plan my visits, maybe later at night, avoiding the traffic? :thumb:

Great place though, love the choice of ranges, and the opening hours.... :up: :D :claping:

Phil Kennett and mikeyhall1 like this.
  7. dh131286

dh131286 Engaging Member

Ditto! Although its now my only place to shoot as my garden too small. But it is only 20 mins drive so cant complain

mikeyhall1 likes this.
  8. Tim_B

Tim_B Very Active

Yep, that was me. Think I had the Rapid out at the time....or the wildcat.....

It's just under an hour each way for me....

Thanks
    Tim B

Phil Kennett likes this.
  9. Phil Kennett

Phil Kennett Engaging Member

I am 20 minutes from Petes, 15 minutes from SARC and 40 minutes from MAD, spoilt for choice, been to them all in the last 2 weeks

10. pjgtech

I'm....Not...Jealous....At....All.... :)

Phil Kennett likes this.
  11. Phil Kennett

Well HFT was a rude awakening, could hardly hit a thing, soon scuttled back to Petes :)

12. Felixlogs

Felixlogs Busy Member

I was on the plinking range at MAD yesterday to zero in the new scope on my Rattie. Nice to see and hear the Buzzards circling overhead every time I changed cards.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Phil Kennett likes this.
  13. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

25 minutes away from me :) ill be there some time in the school holidays when my little one goes to stay with her big sister for a few days

14. Phil Kennett

There certainly is something about being outside in the elements

Felixlogs likes this.
  15. jps norton

jps norton One Hit Wonder

I`m a and 1 1/2 hours away from Pete`s Farm but go up there at least twice a month, normally on a Saturday morning.
    It`s a fantastic place to go and put your air rifle through its paces indoors :up:

Phil Kennett and Tim_B like this.
  16. Phil Kennett

I am often there on a Saturday, missed last week though, prob going in the morning, I am an early starter often there by 6:30 done by 10:30

17. Kingwahwah

Kingwahwah Donator

hi you mention a 40m range in doors is there anything longer say 50-60m? I'm not fac but shoot my wildcat out to 55m at range I go to.

I'm in Reading so tempted.

18. Phil Kennett

There is 35 indoor and 50 yds indoor, I think outdoor is 60yds but not certain, I am sure someone will clarify

19. Claypole

Claypole Posting Addict

The smaller indoor range goes to 55 yards whilst the outdoor range is to 60 yards, and is set up with knock down targets, spinners and bells.

20. Tim_B

Tim_B Very Active

I generally get there around 0730 and then let late morning (on Saturdays) - only went today as I had the day off. Always try the smaller/longe range first as it's generally quieter and nearer the outdoor ranges.

Thanks
    Tim B