1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Pete's Airgun Farm

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by sharpshooterpete, May 4, 2008.

1. sharpshooterpete

sharpshooterpete Donator

i went to petes airgun farm yesterday, even though i have my own shoot ive been interested in checking out this place as it is only an hours drive.

i arrive there at 7:30am, pete came out to greet me and he is a really nice bloke, very welcoming. he showed me around the place and let me know whats what. hes got a nice set up in the 50 yard indoor range, heaters, tea and coffee and many types of targets to shoot, you name it, he's got it. we then went to the outdoor HFT area, again there is a good setup out there many spinner and knock over targets at different ranges there is a post 62yards away with a yellow rectangle knock down target of some sort (which i hit first shot and in .22:D) then we stood at the edge of the field at the back of his farm and he showed us all of his land and where the boundries were(he has some amazing pieces of land), he also gave me map of the area with details of the best places to shoot, roads, boundries, private land ect. that was very very helpful.

there are alot of bunnies around but they are very causious about any sign of movement however i managed to bag one. also there are many pigeon, crow, jackdaw and deer. i counted 10 roe deer and managed to stalk up pretty close to them so could get a good look, was an amazing sight. there isn't many deer around my ways, apart from muntjac so it was a pleasant sight.

overall a good day out and well worth the visit. ill deffinately go again.

2. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

I wish we had an airgun farm up here, sounds like a great day out. :up:

3. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

glad you had fun:up:

4. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

how much did it cost?

5. sharpshooterpete

sharpshooterpete Donator

you have to have an induction in the morning that costs £20.00, you only have to pay that once. after that one day every other day you go its £10.00. to me that isn't much because when i go to skateparks around the UK with my bike its £10.00 for the day. some people will think that its abit costy but hes got to make some money.

6. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Well l for one, don't think that is costly at all, because if you go fishing, you are talking the approx the same price:up:

7. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

I don't really think its right to pay for your shooting rites . but this seems an exception indoor ranges etc sound brill

8. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

well it depends on what you get for your money:up:

9. sharpshooterpete

sharpshooterpete Donator

You get a lot for your money!

10. Vulcanator

Vulcanator Engaging Member

I must be missing something here. Here we have a private landowner who has built and operates shooting ranges plus farmland for hunting as part of his business-and you take umbrage that you have to pay a modest fee to shoot there?

Considering you can't shoot an airgun in the UK in a public place, I'd say he's doing the shooting community a big favour. Last time I checked, in the UK shooting rights are an oxymoron!:rolleyes:

11. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

i said it sounds like an exception .he as put himself out to cater for airguns and i think he as the right to charge a small fee. if you read what i said properly you would of seen i was all for it

12. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

its just like any other air gun club and you pay in a target club to use the range.

if you can hunt there as well then i'd charge money to let people in:up:

13. FXpoacher

FXpoacher Engaging Member

When i heard about petes through my brother, i thought that was brilliant idea!
    Nothing is free these days, and as said we pay happily to go to skate board parks, day tickets for fishing, i mean how much does a Mc donalds burger menu cost these days?. (In Sweden 67kr!).
    The guy is doing a great service for airgunners.
    I know i would sooner pay him £10 than Mc donalds anyway!

14. Vulcanator

Vulcanator Engaging Member

I did read your post. The first part of it was where my response was intended however, you then qualify it with the exception you made. Regardless when it comes to having a safe and legal place to shoot in the UK, paying your way is probably going to become the norm.

15. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Yes lm afraid so, weather we like it or not, we will have to pay:down:

16. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

I hope not. the farmers i shoot for realise i am doing a job for them for free. they get respect from me and i get respect from them . wee are both helping each other

17. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

i work on most farms to 'pay my way' not hard labour just a helping hand if things are quiet.

i do the milking sometimes, its not hard but it just makes life easier to the farmer and its a bit of company for him.

18. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

I have knocked on some farmers doors and they asked me how much do i charge . when i say its free its my hobby they say yipity yip i will have a bit of that

19. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

they say yipity yip?

you have some odd ones around you:p

20. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

one of them did he is a bit of a cowboy