1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

People who don't post

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Buzz, May 25, 2008.

1. Buzz

Buzz Banned

Please don't take this as any form of criticism, because it isn't, but I'm just wondering why there is a relatively small core of regular posters considering just how many people log in.
    Maybe some of those that don't post, or don't often post, could tell us why they don't and could maybe suggest ways to improve things to the point where they would feel they wanted to take a more active part, or anything that would make them feel more comfortable taking part.

2. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

coppy meee :wave:

3. halight

halight Busy Member

Buzz,
    When i first joined a forum not this one. I was worryed about posting!!!! I know silly.
    In the end i never posted once on that forum! Three years later im a member of a few of them now. Im even a member of a forum for dads of twins!!! my twins are due in 2 months.
    There are only about three forums that i post a lot on. This being one of then,
    Im a new member here iv been here for about a month now.
    The thing is with forums is that if you dont post then you can not really enjoy them!
    A lot of people that have joind this forum maybe a scard of what others think of them as thay might not know much about airguns.
    I came on here and i knew very little. And i found every one i spoke to very friendly and very will to help me with anything i wonted to know.

I hope some new people who have joined that dont know much or who are scard of posting read this and get over it. Take a big step and post somthing anything will do!
    Once you start you wont be able to stop and yourll learn so much.
    Cheers

4. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

I find that on a lot of forums its the same,although over the past few weeks a lot more have joined in.Things tend to go a little more quiet in spring\summer as people have more to do as the weather improves,I would rather be having a BBQ than stuck on the computer,but its raining so here I am :D

5. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

I was very nervous at first, Steve got me to join in, you wouldn't think I was ever nervous now :moo: :moo:

6. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

I think we were all the same,I used to sit back and just read the posts.Once you join in its fun...... its not all air gun banter on here,but advise is readably available.:)

7. Buzz

Buzz Banned

All your points so far are very valid...with the possible exception of A1's....this is what I wanted to get across to those who aren't posting. Some come here because they DO know about air guns and want to help and share knowledge, some come because they DON'T know about air guns and want to ask and acquire knowledge, but there's one thing that links nearly everybody here...AIR GUNS !!
    Forums need both sorts of people to function properly and the ones that learn something can then pass that on to someone else, so just remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question...only stupid answers.

8. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

yeah im very quiet myself!

9. simply james

simply james Banned

my posting has went down due to work commitments,but when i have a spare half a hour i come on to post.

10. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

i can vouch for that:rolleyes:

11. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

I would say to anyone who is worried or shy about posting just start a thread saying hello what guns you have and what your into shooting after a few people have replyed some banter will start up and you'll get sucked into it and feel like you've been here for years :up:

12. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

you can even ask something you already know just to get someone to talk to you.
    i do it all the time:D

or post up a story (i like them)
    or just the first thing that springs to mind

13. andyh

andyh Engaging Member

Well I haven't been here long at all, doubt if it's a month since I joined. At first I was more concious thinking what people would think of my lack of knowledge and was a bit nervous about posting anything. I think that's the main problem for people, lack of confidence maybe, bit like a1 and girls. For those who don't post and are reading this, get stuck in ! Not once have I been made to feel inferior in the knowledge department and replies you get are from people who do know what they are talking about and don't BS you. Then a1 comes in and takes your thread elsewhere, once he starts giving his banter you get drawn in to posting and his world of randomness. Maybe some people don't always appreciate the banter but that's what makes this forum different, there's a bit of light relief thrown in for you.
    I joined BBS before joining here, took ages to get a post on there and found their forum really dull and full of lots of cliques. Really hard to get a reply from anyone there. Haven't bothered logging on BBS for weeks now and as far as I'm concerned won't be doing so again.
    I've said it before but thank you for making me feel welcome and to all those who don't post or log on regularly, you really are missing out on a lot. Your questions and answers matter as much as anyone elses, that's the point of a forum, lots of q's & a's, different opinions and being able to debate them.
    Good shout Buzz,

14. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

oi its only the pretty ones that get me:D

15. yehaaa6

yehaaa6 Engaging Member

I don't post much on here, because for one... I'm from the U.S., not many people from there on this forum... secondly, I spend a lot of time on a technology forum, and I don't shoot as much as I mess around with computers :D I usually check here every day or so... kinda lurking, posting when I have something to say that can benefit... (unlike A1) :p j/k

16. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

I enjoy reading posts from american members it's interesting to hear the point of veiw of someone who has such different access to guns than we do in this country

17. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

My knowledge of guns is limited as I only know what Steve teaches me. I was vary wary of posting because I knew b****r all, but I do find it a friendly site and have hopefully made lots of new friends by posting on it :up::)

18. Buzz

Buzz Banned

So what are you trying to say MOO....Steve knows very little, or he won't tell you much ???

Just joking...you're input is well appreciated and you certainly have got friends here...I'd like to think I'm one of them !!

19. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

Knowledge of airguns isn't important for most of the threads on here i've noticed that very few posts are about technical questions most concern politics or personal opinions so everyone can get involved :up:

20. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

He tries to ecplain Buzz, I know what a springer is, one smacked me across the nose one day when I fired it and a pcp is like a pea shooter so light, I know I like them best. I am quite a good target shooter but I think Steve has a good gun and it is set up well so that even someone like me who had never shot before can hit targets with ease. I know a little bit about his gun and I have used his other springer gun (i bought him that, but I dont like it). I'm learning slowly. Also I know that the magpies in my garden are frightened of his decoy and fly away as soon as he puts it out :D:D