1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice Pellet Testing: Air Arms Pro Sport

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Farmer Rick, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Farmer Rick

Farmer Rick Engaging Member

I been testing a variety of pellets through a new pro sport, I wondered if anyone had any thought or advice about what works for them with the pro sport.

I have pretty much put a tin of jsb exacts through the gun @ 4.52

I bought a selection of sample packs, my results are below, but may also be effected by the pleb behind the gun...

They we’re shot in order right to left, 5 per target and repeated 3 times.

jsb exact 4.52 8.44gr
    Jsb exact RS 4.52 7.33gr
    Accupell 4.52 8.64gr
    Aa express 4.52 7.87gr
    Aa field 4.52 8.4gr
    Aa match 4.49 8.02gr

overall it’s a little difficult to judge what was best, I’ve used the exact to zero the gun and a shoot a full tin, so they have seemed to work well, but do seem to through a odd one every now and then.

the accupells actually seemed pretty good, but the fit was really tight - what are people’s thought about tight fit?

aa fields also looked pretty good with one target having only 3 holes...

I also did a set of 12 with the jsb exact’s there was a couple of rouge pellets can decided if it was me or the pellet!

All shot at 25 yards, on the BR20 targets.

let me know people’s thoughts and any experiences with these pellets and a pro sport. Cheers 60BF36A6-235F-46E9-BBC7-88BC89E52167.jpeg E8CB53F4-9A0A-4C86-A825-538781DAEA03.jpeg 2B5E96FD-3787-4991-90AB-38FE167F1E5F.jpeg 5E8CF292-847E-486B-896B-444C8D6A56B9.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    Recoil likes this.
  2. YepYep

YepYep Posting Addict

Oh yeah! Recently due to the winter is coming, I have been trying to find a flat nose pellet (wadcutter) for my 11fpe PS to shoot indoor paper targets.

And for the domed, the 7.87g and 8.44g JSB Express and Exact work very well in my PS. However I found the PS HATEs every wadcutters I have in the house... :eek: Finally I found I have a half tin H&N Finale Light 4.51 which I bought about 2 years ago works surprisingly well and making a rugged hole in my 9 yards basement range.

However when the new Finale light and heavy arrived, I found the new lots (produced in 2019) looks not as good as the old ones whatever from how they...

looks (not shiny shiny but looks dull like rusted),

loads (Only 4.50 and 4.49 inventory and I bought the 4.50. And the 4.50 feel much tighter than the old 4.51 I have),

shoots (the groups slightly opened up a bit)

Farmer Rick likes this.
  3. RascalyRabbit

RascalyRabbit Engaging Member

QYS training grade and RWS supermag are the only wadcutters that would fire anything like accurately out of my HW100 .177

Farmer Rick likes this.
  4. Farmer Rick

for give my ignorance - wad cutters: flat nose? and what's the benefit?

5. Meal Dot

Meal Dot I am a savage

You can blame your misses on the pellets, not your shooting :laff:

Farmer Rick likes this.
  6. pjgtech

pjgtech I shoot, therefore I aim......

Wadcutters, are a flat head type of pellet and give a nice sharp / clean hole in paper targets, with less tearing, so are often used for target shooting.
    :)

Farmer Rick likes this.
  7. pjgtech

pjgtech I shoot, therefore I aim......

TBH, if you are pellet testing, you need to push the distance out a bit further, as lots of pellets perform ok at 20m, 25m, even 30m, but once you start getting out further, 35m, 40m, 45m+ that really starts to sort the wheat from the chaff. :thumb:
    Unless of course, you only shoot at one distance, in which case test for that distance. :)

Edit: my PS likes JSB Exacts 8.44 :D

GLB, PolzeyLad and Farmer Rick like this.
  8. Farmer Rick

its seems the same in mine, but the AccuPell seemed to group well, but were really tight... which I thought was strange as they seemed to shoot a little high and I though a tighter fit might have had them a little lower...

IS there any problems with tight fit on the pellet?

9. redstar

redstar Engaging Member

Possibly, you could be losing 1 to 2 ft.ib in energy, accuracy is only half the pellet story the other half is, how do they chrono?Some pellets might show excellent accuracy but at the cost of extra energy consumption.I look for good accuracy and minimum energy consumption.

Farmer Rick likes this.
  10. Farmer Rick

that makes sense, any recommendations for a chrono? was looking at the cheap ones on ebay... any one use them?

11. YepYep

YepYep Posting Addict

Not really... Just if too tight, pushing it into the gun hurt my finger... :eek:

And with some over sized, you won't push it in...

In the 3, 4fpe power pistols, some tight fit pellet would jammed and stuck in the middle of the barrel or even couldn't shoot...

The new arrived heavier Finale Heavy shoots faster than my lighter JSB Express and bring up the power of my PS from 11.1fpe to almost 12fpe... I think it maybe due to the tighter fit of the pellet ....

12. Farmer Rick

How do you find the finale?

13. YepYep

YepYep Posting Addict

I bought from eBay... Not sure if shipping to UK with reasonable postage...
    I think most of the Canadian shooters buying their H&N pellets from this guy who locates in Quebec. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/332403465187

14. YepYep

YepYep Posting Addict

Done more testing with the Finale in the afternoon. Both light and heavy shoots really good and as accurate as the JSB Exact/Express.

Good for indoor short distance range as it penetrates not as sharp as the domed which just going through the whole pellet tin easily. It can only penetrate one wall and blocked by the next wall.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    Farmer Rick likes this.
  15. Farmer Rick

What size exacts are you using? I’m currently on the 4.52, but I have heard the 4.53 have some good grouping in some people’s ps.

16. PhatMan

PhatMan Keyboard Hero

YepYep,

For me, e.g. in my 22mm TX200 (11.0 ft.lb), JSB Match Blue flat-head pellets shoot the most accurately.

Empirically, I have found that round-nosed 'field pellets' shoot more accurately with my ca. 11 ft.lb rifles than do the target flat-heads - the difference is noticeable even at 10 meters.

@Farmer Rick - JSB Express (7.87 gr.) are my go-to pellets, and virtually all my rifles shoot the most accurately with them.

Have fun :)

Best regards

Russ

Farmer Rick likes this.
  17. KenGlad

KenGlad Engaging Member

Best i found were JSB Exact 4.53

Farmer Rick likes this.
  18. Farmer Rick

Super thanks everyone. Can I check what “ca” stands for? I’m intrigued to try the 4.53s, also will look at the express, I did try the RS’s but seemed a little variable.

19. Farmer Rick

Also any recommendations on a chronograph? Also suitable for rim fire.

20. Meal Dot

Meal Dot I am a savage

Can I check what “ca” stands for?
    In this context, I think you'll find it means 'circa' so 'about 11 ft. lb.' :thumb:

Farmer Rick likes this.