1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Pellet Change

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Tan, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Tan

Tan Donator

Hello.

A couple of members were kind enough to send me pellet samples for my S410F in .22 -- as I wanted to try an alternative to AA Diablo 5.52s.

Of them all, the ones that seem to work really well, actually unbelievably well, have been RWS Superdomes. I cannot begin to tell you how much fun I had in the club last night plinking with them. I went from 10p sized groups to 5p sized ones pretty much immediately.

So, thank you very much to Stevie76 and stevemandm for being so kind and helpful. I really am pleased.

T.

2. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    rws pellets (particularly the superdomes) are one of the most underrated, well made and gun friendly pellet going - and its a massive bonus that they are also among the cheapest to buy.
    glad they impressed you tan, i thought they would mate ;)

3. Tan

Tan Donator

The price is a massive bonus in itself -- can't believe they are almost a fiver cheaper than what I was paying for the Diablo's. I'm so chuffed, I feel like I've been given a brand new rifle!

T.

4. stevemandm

nearly half price and twice the accuracy - nothing to dislike mate !
    did you buy a full tin then, and did you notice how shiny and well made they look ?
    a good sign, is that theres no debris left in the bottom of the empty tin

5. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

I wish my rifle liked them,

cheaper, and almost everywhere stocks them!

6. 177

177 Donator

Have you tried them at longer range ?

It may not be relevant to your shooting but they drop off much faster beyond 30 yards than the likes of JSB Exact and Air Arms Field.

Out to 30 yards or so most of my guns love them (there's got to be something wrong with that "most of my guns" statement :rolleyes: ) but after 30 yards they drop like a stone by comparison.

Just thought I'd mention it in case it might be an issue to you :D

7. Tan

Tan Donator

Yes, bought a tin at the club yesterday for £8.00. And yes, they looked nice and clean.

T.

8. Tan

Tan Donator

I shoot mostly between 30 and 45 yards, so not a massive issue for me. But if there is a drop, then I could always keep a tin of the Diablos for occasional use. Will know more if I go to Furnace Mill on Saturday...

T.

9. yorkshireshoot

yorkshireshoot Posting Addict

Never tried super domes in my s410 .177 may give em a go myself . I did however get some jsb exacts and before using them cleaned my barrel for first time as rifle was new and the amount of crap that came out was unbelievable ! 7 pull throughs ! Put about 50 pellets through whilst re zeroing , and the results are amazing , did hft course for first time and got a pretty decent score so well chuffed !

10. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I use both sizes of Superdomes in my springers and found them better than Superfields and JSBs which where pretty dear

11. David M

David M Donator

My springer got on well with Superdomes but registered a full 1ftlb lower over the chrono than the lighter Falcon Accuracy Plus and heavier RWS Superfields. I would have had a shock if I'd set the rifle up to around 11.4ftlb on the mid weight pellet then tried the others..!!

12. Tan

Tan Donator

Last week, SteveO_R10 was kind enough to take time out and come to my house to chrono my S410F. Along with his Combro Mk4 Chronograph, he also bought a selection of pellets in .22.

The first pellet we tried was Bisley Magnums (21.4g). The first shot couldn't be counted because the Combro had to be adjusted, but for the remaining nine, this is what we got:

Then we moved on to Air Arms Field Diablo (16g). These were the only pellets I was using until recently. From a string of 10 we got:

RWS Superdomes (14.5g) were third on the list. These are the pellets I am currently using, and I find them to be fantastic, and really regret not having started using them earlier. They came out as:

Finally, Falcon Accuracy Plus (13.43g) were tested:

While I was relieved that my rifle was well within the legal requirement (which is a concern for any responsible air rifle owner), I was also disappointed that it had dropped from the original 11.3 it used to be. Now I don't know why this has happened, but I want it to go back to that. My rifle is AT, and is a summer 2012 model. Although it comes with a lifetime warranty from The Airgun Centre, the question is will they really do much if I send it back to them? Having discussed this with Steve, we felt that maybe it might be better to not send it if they would only increase the power by a fraction. So where does that leave me? A regulator? Removal of AT and adjust myself?

Would appreciate some feedback from people who've been in a similar situation.

T.

P.S. Many thanks to Steve for his help. I know he has a lot of responsibilities, so to drive to the other side of the city was a lovely thing to do. A true gentleman, and a scholar.

13. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Remove it yourself but be sure to run lots of tests with about as many pellets as you can lay your hands on, be sure to cover the effects of weights,head sizes and type of pellet and ensure they are all well within legal range and won't get close to the limit (Warm days will also increase power)

14. mattyts

mattyts Donator

And get yourself a chrono,dosen't have to be fancy,a combro will do fine.

15. landymick

landymick Big Poster

I agree with this my AA410 .22 loves super domes.The ones i have are old type(orange tin) well over 15 years old from when i could afford to buy in bulk.Now the savings aren't that good.

16. stevemandm

personally tan, i would be aiming for 11.4ftlb with the bisley mags - this gives you room for any variables that may push the power up slightly. based on that, you are only a couple of percent off that figure. other than leave it alone, i would get the at removed. that way, you would be in total control of the power.
    but why not get the shop to increase the power slightly, it is guarenteed, and it would be free - i imagine that the fitting of a regulator or removal of the at would invalidate the warrenty

17. Tan

Tan Donator

I am in two minds about removing the AT. I know some do and some don't, but having been thinking about it, I would rather not do anything that invalidates the warranty. I just thought it's gonna be too much of a ball ache to get it back to them (I do not like the idea of posting it, even with the most reliable company on the planet). The only option would be to drive there myself. They did tell me that if I was to bring it in first thing, I could have it back by the end of the day.

T.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  18. AirArms456

AirArms456 Junior Member

could anybody tell me what size accupells are? cheers

19. mattyts

mattyts Donator

4.5mm or 5.5mm :p

Webleys site just says 5.5mm,I suspect they are probably 4.51 or 5.51

20. AirArms456

AirArms456 Junior Member

Yeh sorry they are .22