1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Question Pcp with recoil?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by tomsteebs, Jan 19, 2014.

1. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Hi,
    I've always liked springer for the recoil feedback you get. I've also shot a rimfire and that had a nice kick to it, same as fac pcp's.

So my question is, can or has anyone made pcps at sub 12ftlb have recoil? As I would quite like recoil in a pcp.
    I know some of you will be thinking why, but it's down to personal taste.

Regards
    Tom

2. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Confused.com just carry on shooting spring guns?

3. spike589715

spike589715 Busy Member

Or gas ram ?

4. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

I knew someone would say that. I prefer pcp tbh. Multishot, silent, bolt action :) lighter/more balanced.
    Obviously there are exceptions to this.

I find them more hunting orientated.

Tom

5. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

If you prefer pcp why would you want to ruin It with recoil

6. Tripleteer

Tripleteer Donator

You could block the barrel up!!!!!!LoL.

7. XTX

XTX Donator

An EV2 in a light stock will give you recoil lol

8. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Flipping heck I said it were personal preference :p

Recoil wouldn't ruin a pcp, I've shot an fac s200 and that had .22lr type recoil and we were getting 10mm groups at 50m, it was easier to shoot groups with, probably because it was fac.

I'm not after 50cal recoil. I dont think recoil is a massive disadvantage. I kinda like the feedback it gives you, but loud, heavy, usually front heavy springers are more of a disadvantage when hunting.

I personally think airstrippers are a good way to waste money :D

9. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

C'mon Darrin, you must know a logical way. What about a heavy hammer spring and piston, but a different transfer port size?

10. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Why not go the whole hog and rig it so that when you fire a shot you get a little electric shock on your willy if that's what turns you on lol :D

11. Wild Bill

Wild Bill co2 Enthusiast, HW97, K98 owner

Sleaford, Lincolnshire and Wales sometimes.
    Just pretend. When you pull the trigger, pull the gun back into your shoulder and do a pretend recoil movement, with the rifle kicking back and up. You won't hit the target but it looks good. You could always make "boom" noise at the same time. :):)

Seriously, the point of a PCP is the lack of recoil. I say go back to springers.

12. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

NO!!! Save all that effort fix one of these to your stock and tie the firing cord to your trigger.
    http://www.shotgun-store.co.uk/alarm-mine-blank-firing-1026-p.asp
    :):):):):)
    Cheers Andy

13. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Alot of fac pcp do have a sort of recoil so sub 12 will have too i tried this other day with my cricket 11.5 ftlb with a slow motion digi cam and u do get muzzle flip so kind of recoil not noticible with naked eye at sub 12 but then in a mates 50 ftlb .25 cricket you notice it for sure not that it affects accuracy tho in short get fac air if u want pcp with a recoil . If u can get hold of a digi cam with up to 240 fps or higher try filming your muzzle flip once you no its there you may take more notice of it there eaily picked up on bay ive bought couple last week or 2

Edit

Or you could really shorten the barrel then increase air flow higher reg pressure ect ect lot more hammer spring this will give u a type of recoil diffrent to a springer tho more muzzle flip at sub 12 but shot count will drop alot

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  14. Akita177

Akita177 The Absolute State of Britian podcast

Shout bang evertime you pull the trigger.

15. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

That's interesting it's strange the way people perceive recoil differently. I don't think even a .22 hornet recoils in a noticeable way ( probably too many heavy shotgun loads )
    I have a camera that does high speed I will have to have a play.
    Cheers Andy

16. Steve K

Steve K Posting Addict

Some PCP's have recoil, one one of my Air Wolfe's does, nothing like a springer though ;)

17. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

I'll give you a shout when I need help matching your set up ;)
    May aswell make the fill probe a Willy shape whilst I'm at it, and

But seriously, I would actually like a pcp with some kick.

18. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

I knew people would take the Mick and say buy a springer, but they have alot of downsides other than recoil, but as I've said, it's not really that much of a disadvantage in pcps imo, springers recoil differently. Not after a pcp springer I'm after a pcp with kick. Got a 1000fps camera :)

19. Chinnymonster81

Chinnymonster81 Busy Member

They all have recoil as every action has an equal and opposite reaction (basic phsyics). The fact is that most pcps damp it so well that it is barely even noticeable. The recoil from a springer is much more noticeable because the the spring and piston masses far more than the little hammer spring and hammer in a pcp. After all the pcp doesn't need to create any energy as the air is already under pressure, it just needs to release it. The springer has to create the energy needed by compressing the air every time, hence the weird forward/backward recoil that springers have.
    A pcp and a springer firing the same pellet and velocity would have identical recoil energy until you take into account the mass of the moving parts. Of course the more air you push through a pcp the more the recoil will increase hence a more perceptible recoil in fac pcp's.

20. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

As u say andy recoil can be percieved in many ways dont think u will ever get a pcp to recoil like a springer ive used some monster rapids with rocket valves ect springs what resemble old cortina suspension springs but still only get muzzle flip not actual springer recoils only way ican think of getting a sub 12 to recoil by muzzle flip is to shorten barrel alot and higher air pressure but its going to be very loud as i found with the .20 mfr i sold the robin hence the nutshot shroud added but the harmonics of the shroud balanced the muzzle flip on that one atvb dave g