1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Pcp shroud kits

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Tinbum, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

The BSA Ultrion I'm working on is a fab little gun with a new and improved decent shot count. But it is a noisy little b****r!
    The problem is/was that an HW mod will no longer fit, and anyway, putting a mod on the front adds length to what should be an ultra carbine rifle!
    That got me thinking about barrel shrouds. I've used 25mm aluminium tube with turned aluminium end for the rear, turned aluminium mid support and a turned aluminium Muzzle end complete with plenum chamber. I opted for the mid support and grub screw fixing as opposed to the UNF thread as it gives a significant increase in volume of the expansion area. I will make a threaded version late in the week for comparison.

So, it's relatively simple to make, a doddle to fit and when its filled with hair curlers and the like, its quieter than an HW mod!!

In component form (assembly and finishing required) I could send these perfectly legally as a shroud kit. If the end user were to choose to add baffles etc to make it into a moderator, that would be up to them and again, perfectly legal.

Question is, is this something people would want or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  2. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

I think they would sell like hot cakes mate!!!

when funds allow i will be on your purchase list:)

3. larryking28

larryking28 Busy Member

Looks good,the only thing I would add is would it be possible for you to supply these powder coated?
    If they were all done black and in one batch would it cost that much?
    Just a thought :)

4. Tinbum

It would be possible, but with the extra prep time as well it would add considerably to the cost. The idea behind my business is to help people achieve results themselves for little cost. Hence my spring guide kits are £19.99, my short stroke extensions are £14.99. I would like to have this shroud kit for £29.99 or less(free post to forum members) if possible. I can do the same thing but with a carbon fibre tube for an extra £20, so I'm not sure there'd be a need for a finished aluminium one for £40-50. Edit: thinking about it, they would have to be built prior to powder coating which would then mean I couldn't post them!

I need a volunteer to try one (I already have one) with the grub screw fittings. Must be a bsa diameter barrel (15.5mm?) in this instance. You will need to report on the product, and help me with ways to improve it, or the instructions for when it goes into production. You will not be expected to pay for it unless you want to keep it, but I will need it returning if you don't. Interested parties let me know By pm only!!:)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  5. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

There spot on mate! And will be in high demand! If i still had my scorpion i would be getting one in a crack! Fantastic job mate!

Gaz

6. jasonanderson

jasonanderson Engaging Member

That looks great and if it was to be finished in black would look just the same as the Huub shroud I have on my r10 but for a fraction of the price! Great work and I'm sure these will sell well. If I hadn't already got the huub I'd have one.

7. metalman

metalman Big Poster

Would they be calibre specific ?

8. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

What is the length of the shroud past the muzzle?

A carbon fiber tube would look superb!!

9. mmamonster

mmamonster Pro Poster

Will you be making these for other makes ?
    post a picture of the carbon fibre one when you make one.
    i would have one when you start to sell them.

10. ratharvester

ratharvester Donator

lol:D I could put one on it gaz,it's shooting real well mate :up:

11. ratharvester

ratharvester Donator

Hi tinbum the shroud kits are a great idea,I would have two in a flash,one for the ultra and one for the scorpion,I will be keeping an eye out for them:up:

12. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

Don't rub it in mate! Lol! Im hoping to get a new scorpion se .177 one day so watch this space mate!

Gaz

13. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
  14. Tinbum

They can be whatever length you want. I'm thinking possible supplying them all one length to be cut to size by the end user. Thoughts?

Carbon tape would also look good at a fraction of the price!;)

15. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

look great
    any plans to make them for the R10?

16. Tinbum

If you want one, there's clearance for it and you give me the dimensions I can make them for any gun.

17. Tinbum

They could be if required, but a 7mm dia exit is working fine ATM.

18. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    bit of a coincidence this, but matty is working on a full blowback shroud for the ultra. not for production or sale, just for us.
    credit to tinbum for helping out members

19. surrey shooter

surrey shooter Donator

I would be interested in one for my se. Great idea.

20. Jimbob 2705

Jimbob 2705 Guest

I don't own a PCP anymore, but I thought I'd chip in my thoughts :)

I personally think that this is not only a great idea, but also a great price! Not being funny in today's age, there's not much you can get for £30 for your rifle, and this is a true bargain as it is cheaper than most of todays silencers.

My only concern if for the hunters who are the ones who probably want this to keep their rifles compact and quite, is that you don't have a blued/powerdercoated version - not many will want a fancy looking silver or carbon fibre one :D

I understand that they can get it sorted themselves (e.g. send it off) but in reality I feel people would rather not having to do that, and just get it already done ;)