1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Pcp Pressure regulators

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by AA Anonymous, Jul 30, 2007.

1. AA Anonymous

AA Anonymous Well-Known Member

Hi does anyone out there have any experience with pressure regulators for pcp rifles?
    I have an s410 and if set to 12ft pounds at 190bar when i get down to about 100 bar its pushing out 14ft pounds so to keep it below 12 it's a bit crap untill you get under 180bar so thats all i fill to now but lose a few shots per charge as a result of this.
    I understand why it's doing this and would like to now if regulators exist and if so are they any good.
    would my number of shots per charge increase if i was getting a regulated blast of air each shot?

2. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

I think ben taylor was fitting them to s410,s not long ago.

3. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

4. AA Anonymous

thanks

Thanks alot Andy that info on Ben Taylors site looks pretty impressive especially the increase in shots per charge but i'll have to save up for the £225 to convert it. i ain't that rich at the moment and i don't think my missus would be as impressed as i am if i spent that cash right now.
    cheers

5. custom100

custom100 Well-Known Member

check on here and other forums for an article on "the sweet spot" this will explain how to setup an unregulated gun. the airarms range shoot amazingly well when the correct fill pressure and power settings are in "the sweet spot" .it takes a few hours to set up but once done you wont need a reg. hope this helps

6. Murphy

Murphy Well-Known Member

You should set it up for 12ftlbs at about 140/50 bar not at 190.

7. AA Anonymous

Hi Murphy
    i have to set it to 12ftlbs at around a 100bar because that is where the gun produce's the highest muzzle energy so no chance of it going over. to get a decent number of shots around 12ftlbs i dont fill above 180bar anything above this the muzzle energy drops quite a bit.
    I was thinking about a regulator because i was told it could increase the number of full power shots per charge according to ben taylors web site it could go from 70 shots per charge to about 120-130 which would be handy for when i'm target shooting.
    Thanks for the advice.