1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

PCP filling problems

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Tang, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Tang

Tang Active Member

Hi all, think I am doing something daft as I can't seem to fill my reservoir. I plug the nozzle in and turn the cylinder valve slowly (not straight to 200 psi). The pressure on the gauge will hold wherever I set the valve as though it's hitting a dead end. I would expect to see it dropping as it took the air. I tried to shoot it today and you can see the pellet drop in the scope and it sounds as flat as a f*rt. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Honorary Member

Have you overfilled the rifle in the past? What's the pressure gauge on the rifle saying?

In other news, how's the hose attached to the air cylinder? Not seen owt like that before and it looks like a bit of a lash-up to me..

3. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

Check the gauge on the gun, it's likely you may have over-filled it and the hammer is unable to overcome the higher pressure on the valve spring in the reservoir (resulting in low powered shots)

4. Tang

Tang Active Member

I've never filled it before, the guy down the road did with his bottle the first time. There isn't a gauge on the gun. How do I check if I've over filled it and if so resolve it.

The hose is fitted to the cylinder with a high pressure coil type hose and t piece. Means I can leave the bottle secured to the wall and fill the gun with the long hose.

5. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Try dry firing until empty, and start again:)

6. mattyts

mattyts Donator

What gun is it? If you dry fire 30 shots or so then take some shots,with the pellet in you should notice an increase in power :)

7. Tang

Tang Active Member

It's a scorpion. Thanks for the replies I will give that a go later

8. Tang

Tang Active Member

Fired it dry but still no good. Decided to strip the filling port this evening. Think I may have found the problem but not 100%. When I took the valve apart the little ball bearing was stuck hard in the seal, had to give it a harder tap than the you tube video to get it out. I think the ball bearing is going through the seal rather than sitting in it. Anyway I put the filling valve back together and plugged the filling adapter to it. I let it have air very slowly and the ball bearing wasn't opening to nearly 150 psi. Put it all together and still no good. I will see if I can get a new seal tomorrow. Any other ideas?

9. jantar

jantar Donator

First time you fill a pcp from new with air you should pull the cocking bolt or sidelever back to open the valve seat which relieves any excess pressure being put on on the valve seat. This only applies to the very first initial fill. After that to topup start with a slow and steady one with the bolt/lever in its closed position and with cold air to get the maximum fill. Never fill beyond the recommended pressure which is displayed on the weapon.
    Hope that is of some use but it seems that the damage has been done. As you say that it only give s lowly phut the only other suggestion is to use a different hose in case the interior has collapsed or take it to a range and have them try to fill it.
    Good luck with that problem.:confused:

10. Tang

Tang Active Member

Thanks for the help and replies, however after another day of tinkering I think I've got to admit defeat. I will have to phone BSA Tuesday and see how much it will cost to send it for repair and service.