1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

pawn shop lost air rifle replacement

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by peterpan, Jun 10, 2014.

1. peterpan

peterpan Engaging Member

went to get my air rifle back last week after loaning some money on it from a pawn shop.(hard times) went to buy it back last week and it had gone so gave him a week to find it .he promised he would see me rite if it had gone ,well it has, went today to see what he had to offer he still only had cheap rifles in except a aa s410 which would of been a nice gesture:eek:..he maybe a nice bloke and a friend but hes not stupid.anyway here was my options he would give me £90 on top of the £65 that i had already had on the loan. bearing in mind i bought this rifle from him for £45 a bsa supersport theoben gas carbine turned out it was a rarer ss version i put some £30 scopes on it new breach seal and i had restored it so he new i had put some effort in ...or i could wait until he had some nice rifles come in or have something out the shop.then i noticed a boxed up rat catcher for £75 said a bloke had brought it in ,got it for his son and it scared him so its been sat in the box from new the instruction bag was still sealed so i believed him.iv always liked the look of these little rifles and im always hearing people going on about them.so instead of going away with out a rifle a deal was on the cards i got the 2250b 15 gas bulbs and £20 plus the 65 quid i had already had on the loan and because i buy lots of rifles and other stuff off him hes giving me a very good discount, if i see a rifle for £250 lets say he will let me have it for 150 or if i see a rifle at £100 its mine for £60.top bloke imo...anyways how good are these rat catches iv not put it down yet put my own scopes on as the little pencil ones are a bit poor..if anyone could tell me any does and donts about this rifle that would be great .i got 2 kinds of co2 bulbs crosman and swiss arms which have a shoulder near the top will these get stuck or will they be fine.only had 1 other co2 rifle and that was a 850 air magnum which i had a lot of problems with and i do remember think it was the crosman bulbs what used to get stuck in the cylinder.thats why i ask..going to have a good read through the instructions later ,bet i will need some peligun oil aswell.....anyway what does everyone reckon to the out come of my lost rifle personally im very very happy and cart wait till he gets a batch of new rifles in to use me discount. thanks for reading pete..can see why people like modding these rifles

2. sej016

sej016 Donator

The Crosman 2240 and 2250 Ratcatcher are nice guns, and very customisable.

You would be surprised what you can do with them and what you can get out of them.

Pay a visit to www.alliancehobby.com (in the US) or http://www.gmaccustomparts.com and you'll see what I mean.

3. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

what sej said mate ,
    theres so much you can do to the lil b*****s,...it is a bit addictive :rolleyes: they cost around 130 new , but then you,ll want a steel breech,cos the originals a right bag of sweaty pants (imo)...then ...hpa.....multi shot...etc etc etc....

4. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Big Poster

It will end up costing you a fortune. I have had the Crosman bug, but found the cure, got rid of anything to do with Co2, but you will enjoy it, while it lasts. By the time you have done all the mod's, you could have purchased the s410. Atb. Bob.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  5. oliver13

oliver13 Donator

If you're happy...

It's pretty much a full power rifle with a shoulder stocked pistol stock. We've got an old Rabbit Stopper in the loft & it's basically one of those.
    You can spend a fair amount upgrades & as you see there's plenty out there to upgrade with, the only proviso you'll have trouble getting the money back if you sell it.
    At a minimum you'll probably want a metal breech for it, & there's 60 quid gone already...

6. Greg1983

Greg1983 Busy Member

Fun little carbines, but as other said you will want that plaggy breech changed to a metal one, can blow through co2 quick as well lol,got one of these when they first come out and damn I blew some cash on co2 "pocket money day couldn't come fast enough! Haha check out http://www.tyreinflators.co.uk/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=22 really cheap co2 deals :)

7. robs5230

robs5230 Oversprung

the ratty is a nice tool. we have one with a longer barrel and steel breech fitted. outstanding on feral pigeons, rabbits and rats. we get around 20 consistent shots per cylinder after 3 clearing shots.

8. scottroutledge

scottroutledge Engaging Member

Someone help this man before he catches crosmanitis!! Lol. The gmac steel breech will set you back £40 or more but they worth every penny
    Scott

9. Bullwhip

Bullwhip Engaging Member

I kept mine simple

crosman steel breech £40 chambers
    gmac allen head screw replacement set £11
    gmac power spring and guide £6
    simmons 1.5-5x32 shotgun scope £25
    Jsramsbottom silencer adaptor £5

just under £90 quid of extras............... and there is a ton more that could be done to it! :eek:

I paid £125 for the gun to start with.....but if my mrs. asks it was £70 ok :p

I think personally that the BSA you had is a far better rifle, but the ratcatcher is a good little gun you will be surprised with the accuracy you can get with it and how quiet it is with a silencer on board.

10. davymole

davymole Donator

Northop Hall, Mold, Flintshire North Wales
    like others before me have said steel breech is a first plus some work on the trigger which is not the best but read the WARNING ON THE BOX​ will cause Crossmainitis which is an expensive illness to overcome it will end up costing the same as the AA410 or with me a weihrauch 80k which I went on to build from scratch so you end up with weihrauchitis which is more controlable with medication ect.

11. Bullwhip

Bullwhip Engaging Member

weihrauchitis genuinely sounds like some German colonial tropical disease :p

12. droid

droid Posting Addict

Go to town, have some fun with it.

Standard 14.5" barrel is fine and keeps it nice and compact, pop on a steel breech and one of Matt's MWSS200 slip on silencers and you are away.

13. oliver13

oliver13 Donator

14. ped

ped Big Poster

as has already been mentioned crosmanitus can seriously deplete your wallet(i've had it for a few years now and it has no cure)
    steel breech and a trigger tune are a must for anything more than plinking cans and a bit of a tune helps if your going to hunt with it
    adding a grubscrew under the stock removes all the play in the stock
    ped

15. scottroutledge

Where abouts under the stock have you added a grub screw bud?
    Scott

16. peterpan

peterpan Engaging Member

to be honest folks im just going to leave it alone and have some fun with it..or just maybe get a matt's silencer at some point .iv already got weihrauchitis ...iv never had a go with one until yesterday when i got mine and i cannot put it down great plinker and looks the part, there dinky .wonder what they are like when winter sets in cos my 850 air magnum was useless in the cold..are matts silencers available on hear and how would you take the front true glow sight off?? thanks again pete

17. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

to take off the fore sight,...a vice an just a little brute force(...lump of decent wood, and a mallet)....tbh its not hard, it just pops off....theres a flat bit it sits on, turn it a bit and give i lil persuasion,...it doesnt take much mate ,...you could do it with the stock/action tween yer thighs,it just pops off
    ...keep us updated dude ;)... i love this lil b****r,.....

18. scottroutledge

[QUOTEterpan;1104849]to be honest folks im just going to leave it alone and have some fun with it..or just maybe get a matt's silencer at some point .iv already got weihrauchitis ...iv never had a go with one until yesterday when i got mine and i cannot put it down great plinker and looks the part, there dinky .wonder what they are like when winter sets in cos my 850 air magnum was useless in the cold..are matts silencers available on hear and how would you take the front true glow sight off?? thanks again pete[/QUOTE]

Would definitely advise getting a silencer for it bud

19. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Big Poster

Would definitely advise getting a silencer for it bud[/QUOTE]To get the front sight off, use a piece of wood, so you don't mark the barrel, and tap it off, it is just a tight push on fit, or you may be able to hold the barrel, and push it off with you thumbs.

20. ped

ped Big Poster

underneath the pistol grip at the front so that when it's screwed in it pushes on the bottom of the grip frame and stops all the up and down play in the plastic stock
    ped