1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Pard Sa25 Thermal Riflescope Photos, Independent Reviews Coming Soon...

Discussion in 'Night Vision Optics and Illumination' started by Russ Douglas, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Russ Douglas

Russ Douglas YouTube: RussDouglas222

Good morning all, George at PrecisionNightVision.com has kindly lent Bruce (@Phoenix, NV guru from the NV forum) and I his first PARD SA25 Thermal riflescope, for 100% independent technical review and assessment.

I'll have an unboxing video online on my channel ASAP (recorded yesterday after delivery, editing still to be completed), then I'll be meeting-up with Bruce hopefully this week to do a series of independent technical assessments and reviews of this very compact 25mm Thermal riflescope.

I've already photographed the unit and all supplied accessories. These images (with comments) including the whole of the instruction manual, can be found in > my flickr album here <.

Cheers. Russ

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  2. marky t

marky t Busy Member

Can't wait bud for the review, might be interested in one of these,loving my Pard lrf at the mo.cheers Marky

keithy, Marky-Boy and Russ Douglas like this.
  3. MD123

MD123 Engaging Member

Looks good but the proof will be in the pudding of course.
    Looks like they are doing an LRF and a non LRF version too.
    Will watch this with interest.

Marky-Boy likes this.
  4. Russ Douglas

@MD123 Aye the LRF versions are about 28mm wider (like the 008LRF) and add £200 to the base model.
    Cheers. Russ

Marky-Boy and MD123 like this.
  5. pav

pav Engaging Member

The one I looked through never had pip yet but the first zoom was still a good picture to shoot through Ian (blackwood) said it was 3.8 mag base but on looking at stats it 3.2 but picture was better than my trail xq50 and with them being shutterles and running off same 18650 battery was a big thumbs up from me

6. MD123

MD123 Engaging Member

A well spent £200 if the base unit works well imho :)

7. dm800

dm800 Busy Member

And how much is the rrp on the base model......

8. Russ Douglas

@pav These have definitely got PiP. :thumb:

In the menu there's an option to enable or disable PiP.
    When enabled and you press the zoom button, the PiP window appears at x2, then x4, then off -and only the PiP window zooms.
    When disabled the whole screen zooms x2, x4, then back to x0.

Cheers. Russ

9. Russ Douglas

@dm800 At PrecisionNightVision.com the prices are as follows...
    upload_2020-1-8_13-14-51.png
    The SA-designation refers to the size of the Objective lens, the bigger the lens, the greater the detection range...
    upload_2020-1-8_13-16-53.png
    I've spotted an error here as the SA25 we're reviewing weighs 600g (1.3lb) including battery and mount, not 360g.

Cheers. Russ

Attached Files:

dm800 likes this.
  10. Russ Douglas

Good evening all, that's my PARD SA25 unboxing video now online...

I'm still bl**dy sore but hoping to meet-up with Bruce (@Phoenix from the NV forum) again very soon, to video a more technical review and comparison with other Thermal kit.
    We'll also be testing it spotting the usual vermin species, out and about -hopefully recording all this in the process via the SA25's video out feed.

Then we'll set it up on my FX Wildcat, get it zeroed and perhaps get it christened too.

Thanks again to George at PrecisionNightVision.com for the loan of this brand new scope, plus Bruce for sharing his invaluable time/help/technical knowledge. Cheers. Russ

keithy, PBaz Barrett, marky t and 2 others like this.
  11. marky t

marky t Busy Member

Just watched the vid. looks very nice,cant wait to see the next one.Keep up the great work Russ cheers Mark

Russ Douglas likes this.
  12. Russ Douglas

Thanks very much Mark, much appreciated.
    Cheers. Russ

13. Russ Douglas

First impressions are very good, went for a walk round the local harbour using the scope as a spotter and via the wide FOV of this model I could quickly scan and see anything alive within a few hundred metres very nicely, no matter how small. The image is obviously a lot sharper and crisper than my year-old Pulsar Quantum XQ30V spotter, though when using that second during comparisons it did still see the same heat sources, just fainter and fuzzier.

Two miles away across the bay I could see a clear heat source on a hillside, which with the naked eye looked to be a tractor using floodlights while traversing a field.

The x2 and x4 mag is digital, so naturally get slightly pixellated as you progressively zoom-in.

Am meeting NV guru Bruce (@Phoenix on the NV forum) tomorrow so will record his first impressions, then do a technical assessment and hopefully, (if he can concoct a comms cable to record via my Yukon MPR) -record some footage to share.

I would say that with a base mag of 1x, and maximum mag / PiP mag of 4x, this scope might be best used for / limited-to shorter-range shooting, against something like rats or closer-range rabbits. I often use 6.5x on my 008LRF for spotting (and for shooting close-ish targets), or 13x for more distant bunnies, so head shots will be a little bit more testing, when limited to a maximum of 4x mag.

Oh and the mag options are x2 & x4, or if you select PiP from the menu -pressing the magnifying icon (button #1) pops up the PiP box at 2x, then at 4x with another press (then it disappears with a third). So either the whole viewfinder magnifies, or the PiP magnifies; using the PiP will let you keep tabs on the foreground and sides while still aiming with upper-centre.

No doubt the SA35 and SA45 will be consequently better at longer ranges, with the corresponding narrower FOV. Bruce is bringing a 50mm Thermal scope to aid the comparative testing. We'll be back. :thumb:
    Cheers. Russ

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    metalman likes this.
  14. PBaz Barrett

PBaz Barrett 'I love slinging lead me'..

Nice one Russ, very interesting bit of kit.. Thanks for sharing..

Russ Douglas likes this.
  15. Russ Douglas

I'm hoping to upload pt.1 of our review video tomorrow, including Bruce's first impressions "...this is bloody good!" -and some footage recorded through the eyepiece of the PARD SA25, a Pulsar Quantum Lite XQ30V and Bruce's 50mm lens Thermal home-build scope, for comparison.
    Cheers. Russ

marky t and PBaz Barrett like this.
  16. Russ Douglas

Evening all, that's my edited version of Bruce's (the NV Forum's @Phoenix) first hands-on review of the PARD SA25 Thermal rifle scope, freshly uploaded...

More coming soon, watch my channel so you don't miss-out. :thumb:
    Cheers. Russ

17. marky t

marky t Busy Member

Brilliant guys ,pards kicking ass again...

Russ Douglas and Marky-Boy like this.
  18. Russ Douglas

Thanks marky. :thumb:

Lots more to come ASAP, I'll try to record all the other on-screen display options ASAP, some of which will be of use to more folk -e.g. reticles, colour themes, displaying 'Pitch' and 'Roll' = on-screen indicators of the angle of inclination and declination, plus a Cant indicator.
    Oh and the compass too -they've crammed a hell of a lot into one very compact unit.

Cheers. Russ

Marky-Boy and marky t like this.
  19. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

hello, Pard are certainly giving other night vision companies a lot to think about with their products and prices and quality, i only have an 019 spotter but its been a good unit so far against the old one i bought years ago, now with this new thermal rifle scope it looks a sure winner

20. sauer

sauer Engaging Member

Wonder what price they could make a unit for if they only did

One.... simple ... thing ....

Get rid of all the extra add on “ junk”

Compass WiFi etc etc

I just want to turn it on .... use it to spot or shoot and turn it off

Gimme the contrast , colour ( even that just use white hot) brightness

Ok I understand the mini ads for recording but that’s it

Get rid of the rest give a basic unit with the good screen & picture / detection ability

Paul

ratman60 and keithy like this.