1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Pard Nvc With Hawke Endurance?

Discussion in 'Night Vision Optics' started by ukglyn, Jan 11, 2019.

1. ukglyn

ukglyn Big Poster

Hi all.
    I am looking into this pard system to use on my foxing rifle, I see they can be a bit fussy with the scopes they work with. Has anyone tried them on the Hawke Endurance range of scopes? They seem to work well on the sidewinder series, so I should imaging that the endurance is not much difference, but don't want to buy one & waste the money if its not a good match.

2. bigal

bigal Jedi.

There a new model coming running the 007 brains in it. This time it a scope itself, 008. Lads on here should be offering them at the end of the month.

With bolt on NV they normally like cheaper scopes, less coatings on the lenses etc. I no MTC run good, low mag helps as u can mag the view on the unit. Not the scope, ;) al

ukglyn likes this.
  3. BobenhamHotspur

BobenhamHotspur Engaging Member

It works fine with my Hawke Vantage, I'm afraid I can't advise ref the Endurance though. As @bigal mentioned I read that 'some' scopes don't work well, could it be they have some IR filtering in their coatings? (pure speculation/guessing on my part). The only other thing is they recommend is the scope being able to focus down to 10M.

ukglyn likes this.
  4. ukglyn

ukglyn Big Poster

Thanks both. I think the best option for me is try to find someone local enough who has one that will let me attach it to my scope for a look through before I part with the folding for one. :up:

5. bighunter

bighunter Busy Member

i dont have any left or you could of bought one and if didnt work with your scope then you could have sent it back - a small fee
    and im not going to have any in until the end month and i will also have nv008 in too

6. bighunter

bighunter Busy Member

I just did a quick search and someone on the another forum says that hes 4-16x50 Hawke Endurance works very well with nv007

7. Airwolf1

Airwolf1 Engaging Member

As pointed out it tends to work better with cheap scopes, I have not found a Hawke yet that doesn't work well with NV. The scopes that don't tend to work as well are Leupold etc, the key is side focus or AO down to 10 yards, that sorts the focus, if your scope doesn't like IR light it will just limit range.

I have tried 7 different brands with my unit and on all of them it was mainly down to focus. I have tried Simmonds, Leupold, Nikon, Bushnell, Vortex, Hawke and MTC.

All work well but my Nikon Monarch with px down to 50 yards did not work well but my Nikon with AO down to 10 is excellent with the pard so that's on my Air rifle. I settled with the Bushnell in the end for centre fire as the best at night with unit and good during the day, the Nikon is a better scope in twilight but the Bushnells performance with this unit is amazing, I can clearly see foxes upto 300 yards with it, actually see them not just eye shine.

Some links to my videos with this unit are in the hunting section.