1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Pard 008 Day/night Vision.

Discussion in 'Airgun Reviews' started by Eglwyseg, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Eglwyseg

Eglwyseg Engaging Member

I bought this earlier this year hoping to mount it on my Steyr Pro X Scout but discovered the bullpup was rather unbalanced with this vision unit mounted so decided to mount it on my HW110. However we are here to review the Pard 008. Before I start let me apologise for the dreadful photographs, it's dark here today and had to use flash to get these poor shots but hope they at least give you the flavour.

The Pard 008 is a totally Chinese product not just a Western design made in China. Before anyone shouts 'cheap Chinese junk' you may be in for a shock!

Unlike our conventional scope images, on these day/night vision pieces the images are shown on a screen at the back end. In the case of this 008 images are HD and they are truly bright and clear. Later in the day towards dusk the light is compensated within the unit and even in very darker conditions the screen stays as sharp as if though in bright sunlight. I can't tell you how staggering these images are, so crisp and bright, no pixellation at all! As the night approaches and it gets dark properly then in comes the inbuilt infra red where the images are then seen in black/white/grey. I remember my first glimpse through a Yukon Photo XT I own, a few years ago and was well impressed though images in daytime were in black and white but until you have looked through an 008 then you have seen nothing yet! This Pard 008 is in another world altogether. Going on IR for the first time on a pitch black night I was astonished to see the veins in the leaves at 25 yards away!

The Pard 008 is fired up by a rechargeable 18650 lithium battery and for me has seemed to last for hours on a single charge. But you could also fit an IR lamp on to the Picatinny rail if doing lots of nightwork. One of the clever innovations to save on battery power even more is by pressing the on/off button a single quick press then the unit is switched into 'sleep' mode so that the screen switches off. When requiring your screen another quick press of the button and the screen immediately fires up without having to wait the few seconds normally to fire it. A longer press on the off button will switch off the unit altogether.

No zoom on this piece but I personally don't see it a problem but acknowledge perhaps some will miss that function. I will not pro or con this lack of function, as that is your decision but would add, as soon as the unit is switched on the default magnification is 6.5. Press a button and magnification shoots up to 13.0, press the same button again and it then shoots back to its default at 6.5. I love it! In the menu, you can of course alter the default magnification to 13.0 if that is your choice when first switching on.

Setting up the unit to your individual preferences was easy peasy but no thanks to the instructions as not a lot was said especially when zeroing to your chosen weapon. Thankfully I found a video on uTube after searching "Pard 008 Zeroing". Very comprehensive I might add!

You can record your images on a card but that is not supplied. Then download them later via wifi or cable, a very neat addition.

There an adjustable red dot laser and its brightness can also be adjusted in the menu. The screen brightness can also be changed.

There are reticle choices plus you can change the colour, very handy I found.

My Appraisal: I simply can't understand how Pard have packed so much into this stunning day/night vision for the money and the total quality of its manufacture and video output at the screen end. Its battery life is fantastic but would advise another battery when out in the field. A very compact piece and very well balanced on my chosen weapon. Once zeroed the 008 is perfectly accurate and have taken vermin out at dusk so far, rats around my hen pen. Have yet to be so lucky at night proper but having trialled it dry at night I really can't see there will be a problem as the images in IR are exceptional!

All pros for me, can't find a single con to knock it and by gum I hope you know me enough by now, I would certainly let you know if there was!

As always, the acid test for me is, would I buy one again? Let's answer that one with a seven letter expletive which I will blank out myself for propriety, Oh ******* YES!

The Pard 008 really is the one for those wanting some serious Day/Night vision. Affordable? It has to be!

Happy hunting.

JH

Attached Files:

marky t, metalman, oldtommo68 and 4 others like this.
  2. Popgun

Popgun Donator

I have the 008lrf + but daytime in use (> 150m range) a glass is far superior, the Pard is just "Ok" & does the job

3. BSAHunter

BSAHunter Well-Known Member

True you will never beat glass against digital BUT the versitilty of the PARD is what really makes it stand out! as your glass will be no good after dusk ;)

4. Popgun

Popgun Donator

Agree ,the FoV is also very limited with the 008 over glass

BSAHunter likes this.
  5. rgc_swanseaARC

rgc_swanseaARC He's not the Stig...He's the Stigs Welsh cousin

Thanks for your thoughts.
    I have the 008LRF model and pretty much agree with all comments.

Its versatility as a "one sight does all" is very impressive. The clarity day or night is very good. (for me its more impressive at night)
    Yes, my Nikko Stirling Diamond FFP and My Hawke Sidewinder TAC 30 10x are much clearer in day mode, but both would be rendered completely useless in the dark without NV add ons or a lamp.

I went from an ATN X Sight HD to the Pard. The ATN wet the NV appetite, and the Pard finishes the job off perfectly.

Regards,
    Rhys

Eglwyseg likes this.
  6. Steve Laming

Steve Laming Active Member

I also have a 008 in lrf flavour mounted on a HW110st. I find using it at night for hunting to be less productive than I thought it would be. Too busy looking at the owls, badgers, field mice etc

Popgun and Autodidact like this.
  7. PBaz Barrett

PBaz Barrett 'I love slinging lead me'..

Yep they are an impressive piece of kit.. I have had some good results using on a Kozak..

:thumb:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Marky-Boy likes this.