1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Original mod 50 trigger adjustment.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by RedKen, Jan 12, 2018.

1. RedKen

RedKen Busy Member

Just got a mod 50. Trigger is very vague. Any tips on adjusting. It has 2 screws. Don't fancy stripping it at the moment in case it is one of the ball bearing types which I will chuff up with the utmost certainty.

2. landymick

landymick Keyboard Hero

loosen the front screw then turn the rear screw clockwise to increase weight or anti clockwise to lighten it with longer first stage.Use small adjustments & try.

3. RedKen

RedKen Busy Member

Thanks Mick. I've got it something like now. A positive stop, then a bit more to release. Needed a decent amount of anti clockwise. I was intending giving the gun a strip and service but I'm being put off by lack of info. The gun is dated 10 78. There is no safety which has been mentioned by some. Here's some pics of the actual trigger. Any idea which trigger it is? Is it the infamous ball bearing trigger?

4. landymick

landymick Keyboard Hero

Ohh yes indeed.

The models 25D,25DS,27S,35,35S & 50 have the ball bearing trigger fitted.:)

In 1978 the mod 50 in .22 was advertised with an increase in power after the serial number 173010,mine wasn't told though:eek:

5. RedKen

RedKen Busy Member

That's it then. No stripdown for Kenneth! I'd have liked to have done it, but I'm a coward. Mine's a late 78, but it seems an early serial number 047832. It's doing 8.5 fpe, so it will have to be happy at that. Just a cosmetic job on the stock basically. I'm going to leave it with open sights I think (cos I can't see how they come off), so power wont be an issue.

6. PhatMan

PhatMan Busy Member

Ken,

I have found that there is only a small range of adjustment that leads to a crisp pull.

The second screw (the other is just a lock-screw) sets the sear contact - so you have bang, correct, then creep.

The trigger weight is controlled by the spring behind the trigger - on my 1974 Diana 35, I replaced the original spring with one about 75% of the rate. The trigger of the 35 is now a very crisp 3 lb (IIRC, the factory setting was 4 lb).

Have fun & a good Sunday :)

Best regards

Russ

7. RedKen

RedKen Busy Member

Thanks Russ. That's exactly what I've found. Too far either way and there is no feel as to when the trigger will fire. Get it just right though, and it seems very nice. One thing I have done is change the spring to the rear of the trigger. The original one is very heavy. A lighter one feels much nicer.