1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Original 25 another project

Discussion in 'Vintage collectable airguns' started by Meteor62, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Had this one turn up for a refurb in a right sorry state yesterday, just picking it up leaves your hands brown with rust? Anyone have any idea on age?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. darklord

darklord Can’t beat a tx200 at 30m

1930-1935 believe it or not.

3. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Wow! How you know that?

4. darklord

I had one and was googling them last night. They only made that model between 30-35. after that it was making bombs to invade poland. there a sweet little gun as I recall I don't remember where mine went. but knowing what i do boy am i sick. there not worth anything but its 80 yrs old now. But that was in 19.84 when i bought mine for a tenner.

5. darklord

Ps can't wait to see what you do with this. PS the scope rails an after thought job.the original was about 2 inches by 1/2 with a T at the back to stope sight creep.

6. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Weren't they using the Diana moniker then?

7. gixxer

gixxer Posting Addict

Says made in Germany ,not west Germany ?. No idea age but original I hear was the name used post war made in Germany but usually stamped west Germany.
    I'm sure someone will know . Nice

8. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Stamped made in Germany

9. leaky5

leaky5 Donator

10. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

My research tells me that the 'Original' brand came about after the Second World War so not convinced that this is 80 years old.

11. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

12. gedfinn

gedfinn Posting Addict

Hiya mate, I think not !
    The Diana,s were the original Originals, ( If you will forgive the pun ) As I seem to remember All were dated ?
    If my memory serves Diana,s were Pre war & Originals Post war, I have had many, My favourites were Original 35S ( A powerhouse of the period & I still have it )

Much sturdier than the standard 35 & The most powerfull of this early series ( Including the 50 )
    In " Dinky" Guns the diana Mod 23 was the best , Same gun as the 22 & Webley Junior But with a solid rifled barrel, Quite collectible now !
    The 2nd best ( IMO )
    Was the Original Mod 27 < Ball bearing trigger & Enough power ( Probably 9 Fpe ish ) To enjoy shooting,

I have most of the above, The Original Mod 25 in the centre I sold a few years ago !
    I still have Diana,s 22, 23 25 , Originals 27 & 35 S ( The 35S is pretty tatty, It had the HW Ether injection unit with it ) But he would not sell it !!!!!!
    Cheers, Ged.

A Pic. I do not have a Pic of the 35S on file, But I can post one if any intrest !
    I think from the bottom up , Original 27, ( Aluminium trigger & Ball bearing sear ) Diana 25, Original 25 ( Sold ) & Others you know.

[​IMG]

13. darklord

I wasn't aware of that it's a little sketchy I thought original was before Diana any way it's gonna be at least 50 odd if not more

the pic of the Diana 25 is missing its diopter rail but the screw holes are there.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  14. gixxer

gixxer Posting Addict

Not 100% myself of the story but diana were first,after the end 2nd world war the diana machinery was given /liberated by g Britain to millard bros Scotland .
    When Germany was able again to produce air guns they no longer could use the name diana hence the new name original, think it was 80s 90s when Germany got diana name back.
    Their is info on the net I guess.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  15. darklord

That explains a lot

16. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Oh dear!
    [​IMG]

17. gixxer

gixxer Posting Addict

I'm sure you will do a good job despite the rust.
    ive yet to buy a early smaller original and to be fair wouldn't know which are better but I'm looking forward to your adventure into the original.
    the ball bearing trigger I removed stripped a few times on my 35 wasn't too bad really, I think their was a guide on dianawerkcollectice as a guide.

18. darklord

Go for it. It's only surface rust.

19. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

Get amongst it mate! Will watch this with interest!.....no pressure lol

Gaz

20. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Well the trigger is a one piece unit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hope these pictures explain a little.
    Stripped the trigger and spring out the trigger and spring guide flew out and landed on my roof ! As I was doing it in my garden will take the piston etc out tomorrow [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    To strip it required the end cap taking off, no mean feat as it was very tight fitting and required a lot of tapping with a screwdriver. Then I had to knock out two cross pins one that held the trigger and the other I'm not really sure what it was doing. To get the spring out I had to try to cock the gun and that's when it flew out and onto my roof!

No lube whatsoever, spring was surprisingly straight but I imagine rather shorter than what it should be.