1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

opinions on the AA s410

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by AirArms456, Mar 2, 2014.

1. AirArms456

AirArms456 Junior Member

In the near future I will be hopefully purchasing an s410 as I have recently shouldered my friends and I love it, but I haven't really shot it enough to get a real feel for it!

I was just wondering what other people thought about it as I am lead to believe that they are a very popular rifle?

I would consider any other pcp rifles in the s410 price range but I wouldn't know where else to look.

I am sure that they are very very accurate, but is my judgement right?

Thanks

Isaac

2. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Yeah but...do you need the multishot? if not,save yourself enough money to get a scope and go for the S400.

Similiar rifles in the price point include BSA Ultras and scorpions but the S400 is miles better than both of them

3. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

Had an s400' never gelled with it, love my scorpion tho...and everyone who has shot my scorp has commented how nice it is to shoot...

4. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

5. BJacobs571

BJacobs571 Engaging Member

Love my 410 get the multishot as it opens up possibilities that single shots don't have. Good balance, great trigger and with the right pellets clinical accuracy

6. AirArms456

AirArms456 Junior Member

I would definitely prefer the multishot, as I have had the s200 with the ten shot conversion for the past year and I have now got used to the simplicity of reloading.

BUT I have to admit the thought of a s400 has gone through my head! I might be persuaded

How much would I expect to pay for a s410 or a s400 with a decent mildot scope? I don't need a filling device as I have a stirrup pump!

I will also sell my s200 so that can be added on

Thanks

Isaac

7. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

The barrels too thin and prone to getting bent if a mods fitted. The mag indexer is pants. The shot counts too low and the sweet spots too small.

And its duller than a beige cardigan! The kind of people who get excited about these think Kellogs All-Bran is an exciting, avantgarde breakfast choice.

8. AirArms456

AirArms456 Junior Member

Although there one of the highest selling air rifles?

9. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Load of crap...Barrel is fine,has a barrel band to secure it to some extent and as long as you don't drop it,it will remain fixed.

I can get 120 full power shots out of mine,if I want to drop right into the sweet spot,I can get 85 which is 190bar to 100bar,mags cycle great in all the ones i've shot,I dont own a multi shot because I don't need to but if I was to need one,a 410 would the the top of my list!

Also the superlite is far from bland with the carved out stock and the fluted action.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  10. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I have sold 2 S400s so far,1 was a Superlite,rifle and fill adaptor for £360 and the other a 2 year old s400. Classic, .177, rowan multishot conversion, aa silencer, sling studs, carbon wrapped barrel and silencer for £400.

11. AirArms456

AirArms456 Junior Member

I certainly don't think they look boring, I think they look a very nice rifle!

12. AirArms456

AirArms456 Junior Member

13. Tinbum

Yeah I know. The Fiesta is the highest selling car. Is it the best? Depends what you want.

If you only wanted positive opinions it might've been best to make that clear at the outset. Sorry:eek:

14. AirArms456

AirArms456 Junior Member

Right I see, what sort of quarry do you go after? Rabbits,pigeons, squirrels? And does your single shot s400 cope with all your demands?

15. mattyts

mattyts Donator

This is my current S400,an S400 karbine in hunter green,bought from new for £440,I paid another £80 for scope and mounts although I prefer the Hawke Sport HD's which are about £50

It's currently target orientated with a high mag scope and an air stripper but can go to hunter by putting a silencer on and backing out the mag to 9x

[​IMG]

16. AirArms456

AirArms456 Junior Member

Oh know I respect your opinion, its just I have never heard that before so it took me at a bit of a surprise knowing they are that popular!

You might be right mate, but stating that they are boring like cornflakes is quite a strong opinion, cheers anyway!

17. AirArms456

AirArms456 Junior Member

Where did you get it from if you don't mind me asking? And it looks very very nice! I will be using it mainly for hunting, still ok using a single shot over a multi shot?

You might of just persuaded me.....

18. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Yeah it's fine,also ensures your pellets are loaded more precisely.

I got it from redbeck,a shop about 1.5mile away from me, airrifleshop.co.uk they are a great bunch of lads and well worth the drive down!

19. AirArms456

AirArms456 Junior Member

Just looked on the website mate, some very cheap prices! Might have to take a look down!

20. Tinbum

Its just ok. Is it the most accurate, no. Is it the lightest, no. Is it the cheapest, no. Is it the best built, no. Is it the most consistent, no... The list goes on.

It does everything adequately, and Bran Flakes are edible and help you poo! In my "opinion" that's as dull as it gets. ;)