1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Open ticket?

Discussion in 'Firearms Certificate (FAC) Guns' started by kevinmac, Feb 23, 2012.

1. kevinmac

kevinmac Member

Hi guys,
    Received my fac on tuesday:),on one of the conditions it states"the undernoted firearms and ammunition including expanding ammunition or missiles of such ammunition to which this certificate relates shall be used for the purposes specified,including zeroing,namely-.22IN RIMFIRE-B/ACTION,and the-.22IN SOUND MODERATOR(RR) for shooting vermin on land over which the holder has permission to shoot with that class of firearm from the person by whom shooting rights are owned or from whom they may be leased or othewise obtained".
    Does this mean I have an open ticket? I'm also unsure what .22IN stands for.I applied for .22LR.
    Sorry for the long winded first post but any help woud be appreciated.
    PS. Kyska, your write up on the FAC application was a brilliant help,cheers:up:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  2. ths

ths Busy Member

Yes i believe so, if its closed it says something along the lines of "deemed suitable by the Chief Officer etc"

Edit: But call your Firearms department and give them your cert number/ surname and they will tell you directly what type of ticket you have. Depending on your Team most wont hand out a open cert for the first 12 months on your first time applying so feel honored if thats the case!

3. kevinmac

kevinmac Member

Thanks for the reply ths. I'll try and call them tomorrow.
    Next stop the local RFD:D.

4. FarmerSim

FarmerSim Well-Known Member

Agree with ths, above - I would guess that you have an open ticket - Brill!! BUT, since its only a phone call, I would ask the FEO - it is what (s)he is for...and their answer will be definitive:)

"IN" would, IMO, be an abbreviation for "INch", which would make sense. I have seen "inch" abbreviated any and all ways you can imagine on drawings etc. As you may know, the more conventional abbreviation for inch is the double quote symbol, ". But does seem a bit weird on an FAC, mine lists what you and I both asked for as ".22RF rifle" - though mine has no mention of action type - infact my FEO said he doesn't like specifying actions....

ATB

Sim

Perhaps its some "new" european directive type ****, regarding metrication or some such. 5.59mmRF anyone?!?!?!:D

+1 on Kyska's write up.:up:

5. Dan Giliballs

Dan Giliballs Dave Boy Green ate my Trifle!!!!

You can interpret that either way imo, the wording " for shooting vermin on land over which the holder has permission to shoot with that class of firearm"

It's the end bit that could mean it's closed as the words "with that class of firearm" sounds like it's linked to the land so could be some new politically correct wording to please someone which means it clouds the issue.

Or

It could be generalised terminology to cover all calibers and land

To me it doesn't say one way or the other but i'm leaning towards closed

6. kevinmac

kevinmac Member

Thanks Sim, will ask about "IN" when I phone about the ticket.
    Firearms dept actually phoned me because the FEO had'nt mentioned what action type in his notes I wanted, despite the fact I had put it on my application.
    It states on the application form you must specify the action.....the girl in the firearms dept said the FEO should know better!!
    Thanks again mate

7. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

...its an open ticket.

Ring to check, but I'm pretty sure its an open ticket.

8. kevinmac

kevinmac Member

Hi Kyska,
    Gonna ring tomorrow to double check....but the wording does make it sound like an open ticket.
    Either way I'm just delighted to have my license:), I've got 2 permissions (over 250 acres) full of bunnies.
    Will be looking to upgrade to a foxing calibre rifle, FEO said give it between 6-12 months to apply, as one of permissions has a serious fox problem. Land owner has said he will gladly write a letter in support of this whenever I want.
    Thanks again

9. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

If you have a need for a fox calibre, they have no reason to refuse you now fella. Check what your force will accept as a minimum on your conditions, I have to use a centrefire, which is sensible, but at sensible ranges the two higher power rimfires do the job.

Go and buy a gun!

10. soontjen

soontjen Member

you should have applied for them together .
    i asked for 22lr . 17 hmr . 223
    the land had already been passed for all three
    when my licence ame it had all three on it

11. ths

ths Busy Member

Just thinking the bit with "that class of firearm" could mean what the land is cleared for and if your ticket allows that calibre, ie land is not cleared for fac then no fac can be used.

But a 5 min call will sort it, my ticket doesn't state an action type on my 22lr which is nice.

12. Dan Giliballs

That's what I was saying or trying to say - lol

seems a little non committal to me which means it's open to interpretation, which is never a good thing when an FAC is involved

13. kevinmac

kevinmac Member

Phoned today, it's an open ticket.
    Know what you mean ady about non committal but they say "that class of firearm" means that the landowner has to agree what firearm can be used on his land eg...22LR, and provided I have that firearm on my certificate all is good:). A pity they can't just state open ticket to avoid confusion:confused:
    Anyway,delighted to have it straight off.
    Thanks for all the replies guys

14. ths

ths Busy Member

lol you lucky so and so!

15. Dan Giliballs

That's good news, nice one, but a little confusing when the FEO comes to me and talks about experience and closed ticket for certain calibers even though I've had different centerfires before this etc etc , then grant an open ticket on first application based on the Farmers consent!! - I suppose it's the different counties, different attitudes thing rearing it's head again

16. kevinmac

kevinmac Member

Yeah,different counties different rules.
    Experience wise I had 4 years in the army (infantry) so I guess that covered my capabilities with weapon handling. I still thought it best to start off .22LR and work my way up the ladder and that seemed to go down well with the FEO. Like I say he reckoned 6-12 months with no issues and I should apply for a foxing calibre rifle.

17. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

Funnily enough being in the army should have no onus on the fac process (I bet myself and others shot more rounds than you did in the 4 years!), and again, if you have a need for a 'fox calibre' you should get one.

18. kevinmac

kevinmac Member

It was one of my referees that mentioned it and the FEO did think it would help with my application for obvious reasons (weapon handling). As for shooting more rounds than me I did'nt realise it was a competition:confused: but if it makes you feel good I'll not dispute that (even though I know your wrong:D) Seriously though, thanks for your help

19. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

No not at all, just meaning that military applications are very different to civilian, I imagine its hard for a FEO ,unless ex military himself, to understand the gravity...sorry if I can across like that, not intended old bean.

20. FX

FX Donator

does this mean no semi auto rifles, just bolt actions?

do you have to specify a semi on your application

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012