1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. No longer allowed Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- We now do not allow political and religion threads anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section) unless Airgun related and they must be put in the Airgun related politics section..

Staff will not move posts for you if you put it in the wrong section – it will simply be deleted. You will then have to type it all out again and put it in the right place, so heed this warning.

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice Offered To You Outdoor Types - You Dont Have To Heed It

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Popgun, May 15, 2019.

1. Popgun

Popgun Donator

6 months ago i has a malignant mole removed from my back,followed up by what is called a "wide area excision"
    in my case an ellipse 120 x 40mm from just below the left shoulder
    The decorative lady plastic surgeon, reckoned the left cheek of my arse is now higher :laff:
    i was never one to sun worship or take my shirt off.
    The Dermatologist @ Addenbrookes Cambridge recommends this product is always used when in the sun
    https://www.altruistsun.com
    Altruist Dermatologist Sunscreen SPF 50 - high UVA protection, 100 ml (2 x 100 ml) now on offer @ amazon
    It can happen to any of us :thumb:

Tadpole, audi swift, Dr B and 7 others like this.
  2. edtwozeronine

edtwozeronine Donator

I've been blobbing on the Asda factor 30 ever since the sun has been showing it's face.

3. Mortimer

Mortimer Lord Haw Haw

A timely reminder with the sun shining again. What brought home the dangers to me was my next door neighbour a little over ten years ago. He did nothing about a mole on his head and it eventually caused a tumour in his brain. He died in a dreadful way, aged 55.

Gary Jones likes this.
  4. NorfolkDave

NorfolkDave Donator

Amazing how many people think it'll be someone else. We're in alicante at the minute, there will be dozens of lobsters on the plane back.

Dave

Pete2 likes this.
  5. Gary Jones

Gary Jones Post Whore

People often have the misconception that things wont happen to them, and also males as a species often don't want to get things checked out. We should all try and take more care of ourselves.

a good mate of mine lost an eye to skin cancer and it also went on to eventually kill my pal.

My partner's aunt also passed away in her 40s from skin cancer and left 3 young children behind.

It's no joke. Stick the factor duffel coat on chaps.

6. sidney

sidney Post Whore

And, just to confuse the issue even further, they're saying suncream can cause cancer.
    I might just stay indoors and die of boredom instead.

Tubbs and edtwozeronine like this.
  7. RagnarHairybreeks

RagnarHairybreeks Keyboard Hero

As I understand it the trigger is the frequency of burning and peeling rather than amount of sun exposure.

I’m prepared to be corrected of course (and skin cancer is horrendous) but those of us who almost never burn rarely get at least the UV related form of skin cancer (as I understand it).

8. wizwozuk

wizwozuk Busy Member

Ah., memories of roofing in the summer., shirt off., looking like a Greek God. Happy days.
    Fast forward twenty yrs.. Melanoma!

Five times they cut bits off my face. The scars look like wrinkles nowadays, or laughter lines. Altho if you look closely you can see part of my nose is missing.

You'll recognise me when the sun's out.. I'll be the one in the shade wearing a cowboy hat.
    It ain't worth the risk.

Tadpole and Popgun like this.
  9. Popgun

Popgun Donator

I am fair but tan easily,i hardly ever had my shirt off, yes as a lad & its possible that is when the damage could have been done they said.

10. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

If your bags aren't totally full of seafood, can you bring me a straw donkey please.

11. NorfolkDave

NorfolkDave Donator

I'm not sure you'll be able to handle one.

Meanwhile the lobsters are all mine.

Dave

12. Brooksy

Brooksy Busy Member

My wife tans easily and never peels, she had a melanoma removed a few years ago. To be honest, she was a fully paid up sun worshipper, often spending eight or nine hours a day lying in it. I took up Scuba diving for something to do on holiday it was that bad. If you think about that bacon you stick under a hot grill, all you're doing in the sun is the same thing.
    We've had ten holidays in India for three weeks at a time and I use Calypso Factor 30 Dry Oil Spray, it's about four quid a bottle from the shops and It's very effective, I never even change colour and I'm out in it all day. Add to that the fact that you can apply it in seconds and there's no reason not to.