1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

off ratting tonight - perfect weather

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by simon180399, May 1, 2012.

1. simon180399

simon180399 Post Whore

well there is no wind its 18 degrees and there's not a cloud in the sky, so i think i might take the 77 out as we are having withdrawal symptoms.

seems a perfect evening to have a play with our scaly tailed friends.

anyone else shooting tonight?

2. Oilysean

Oilysean Very Active

I wish, I still have to strip my ratty down, Perm is so tight quarters I can't use the 77 when Im ratting :(

3. simon180399

simon180399 Post Whore

i feel for you, ive felt like that for the last few weeks as the weathers been crap, i was on holiday last week and this, and its only now ive been able to go properly, i managed to get out the other night but the wife wanted to go out and her car had run out of mot so i probably got half an hour if that, im going to make it a lot longer tonight though.

good luck on your rebuild.

simon

4. DBD81

DBD81 Well-Known Member

I wish!! Its pretty dull here and its just been spitting..

5. nobbybonez

nobbybonez Busy Member

off out for rabbits tonight, gonna wait up by a warren i saw crawling with youngsters the other night... its been pretty wet the last few days, so they should all be up for a feed. will pop out some peanut butter and see if i can score a rat when i get home. good luck :D

6. simon180399

simon180399 Post Whore

you too buddy

7. simon180399

simon180399 Post Whore

we have had enough rain in the last 72 hours to last us a month, nice to see a bit of sun so i thought id take the benefit of it while i can.
    20 minutes and ill be there waiting for the brown furry beast to show his face.

8. nobbybonez

nobbybonez Busy Member

Well, not the best night so far, very humid out and it was condensing on the scope lenses, tootk rifle off of its comfy spot on the hedge to wipe them, just as a rabbit appears... Quick wipe of scope and look up, he's gone. Put rifle back in its spot only to see said rabbit scarper back to cover from a spot nearer to me than I was looking at. Was getting dark, so moved the rifle again and fitted the night vision, turned on only to have the battery die a minute later. As I got up to head back in, movement revealed at least five rabbits heading to ground from ideal range... Battery on charge, so might pop out again in a bit.

9. simon180399

simon180399 Post Whore

well, i drew a blank, similar to you in my exictment id forgotton to charge the logun, then after about 20 minutes the batteries in my cree torch gave out, did manage to see 1 rat for about 3 seconds but it would have been an unsafe shot so i declined, came home and fell asleep on the sofa:D

10. nobbybonez

nobbybonez Busy Member

popped out again, saw one rat, had a shot, but he moved as i pulled the trigger, sent pellet over his head. gave up then.
    will be out tonight, gonna get that diggy bas*&^*rd this time....