1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

NS viper focus issue

Discussion in 'Night Vision Optics and Illumination' started by Jiggy ward, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Jiggy ward

Jiggy ward HEY YOU GUYS

Morning all not sure if it’s me been stupid but for the life in me I can not get the unit to focus I received the kit brand new yesterday and spent the best part of 2 hours and 4 scopes and not once did I get a picture if I take the camera and place my hand near I can get a great picture of the finger prints but once back on end of the scope nothing just blurry any help or advice

I have tried focus ring on the camera then from 3 to 16 mag on the scopes and then movement of the rubber pipe far back and close as it will go with no change I’m nearly pulling my hair out as I wanted the phonton but was none in stock when I went so took the next option and it’s been a pain in the arse

All ideas or advice would be appreciated thanks

2. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

Focus the camera at arms length on your face then fit to the scope that should be some where near.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  3. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

As Andy has pointed out it's your nv camera that needs to be focussed, it should have left the factory somewhere near but not in this case.
    Start by getting your scope set for day use and then leave that alone. I usually start by focussing the nv camera at 6-10 feet but as long as you can get a picture of objects a few feet away you should be in the ball park. Some of these nitesite units can now be focussed when fitted with an external fitting which will make it easy, just focus the camera until your reticle is pin sharp. If you have to remove the unit to focus the lens it will take a bit longer, check to see if there is a locking grubscrew in the lens housing and if there is then loosen it. You just screw the lens in or out until you get the right position and then do up the grubscrew.

4. Jiggy ward

Jiggy ward HEY YOU GUYS

Much appreciated guys I will have a go at that when I’m home

5. Jiggy ward

Jiggy ward HEY YOU GUYS

Well to say I’m fuming is an understatement I’m shaking with rage I got the camera to do an outline of me but could not see the facial features so still no use as a night rig as I have moved the lens clockwise and anti-clockwise the quarter turn stated on paper work and and it’s just worse could the camera be a duff or is it still me that’s the issue as I have given in now and thinking about asking for a refund in morning as I do not see this fit for purpose or am I jumping the gun here and giving in too quickly

So a big ask is this but if anyone is local to me WF2 and has a unit that knows what they are doing I would be much appreciated for a little help

6. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

It’s likely to need more than 1/4 turn. Take it off the scope and point the camera at something a few feet away and slowly unscrew it until you get the correct image. If unscrewing makes it worse then screw it in until you get a good image. It might need several turns if it’s as bad as you indicate.

7. Jiggy ward

Jiggy ward HEY YOU GUYS

Right I shall try that then and it honestly is that bad I was livid and probably gave in to quick I shall try keep calm and fetch my teddy back thanks

8. Jiggy ward

Jiggy ward HEY YOU GUYS

spoken to the shop where I bought the viper from just before Xmas and was told to send back I said replacement would great after a little conversation of saying the issue I’m getting the chap I rang was helpful but none was stocked I’d got last one by looks of it as two was on the net when I bought it anyway they sent the unit back to nite site and was advised everything will be sorted gets a phone call yesterday and the unit is back and then redirected to me so I popped the question of what the issue was camera was faulty to start with focusing issues and all been replaced was tested on a sidewinder from low to high mag so I’m hoping I can get along with the unit straight away

To chaps that commented thanks all best

9. some bloke

some bloke Busy Member

Are you trying to get the landscape/subject in focus or the crosshair - and are you using a scope that has adjustable focus?

If you can focus the crosshair you are likely using a fixed focus scope which will only focus the subject at a fixed closer range for NV.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  10. happyguy

happyguy Donator

11. Jiggy ward

Jiggy ward HEY YOU GUYS

The unit was faulty and has been replaced just waiting for it to arrive back now