1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

north yorkshire show

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by royboy2511, May 8, 2016.

1. royboy2511

royboy2511 Well-Known Member

had a good day up there yesterday with all my mates .:)

2. Funky Diver

Funky Diver Donator

I think next year... the family can stay at home. They chose to come, then proceeded to be miserable!!!

Two eldest enjoyed the have a go shooting, Imogen appears to be a natural, 10 bulls!! George on the other hand takes after his dad, hahah!

The best thing about it was being able to handle all the latest and greatest (disappointed I couldn't find an FX Impact if there was one).

Very much do like the style of the Ultra XL stock though, nice fit and finish!

View attachment 136710

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  3. Jim-in-Darwen

Jim-in-Darwen Donator

Also had a good day at the show which must rate as a resounding success with the weather being very kind.
    Not too expensive a day as I resisted the temptation to buy a bullpup that my daughter was urging me to get. Just cost me the price of a go on most of the shooting side shows plus the cost of a blow back pistol for my daughter.
    No doubt that will be making a lot of noise at Atherton the next time we go.

Jim

4. royboy2511

royboy2511 Well-Known Member

good entry price 9- 12 pounds,food and a cup of tea dear 1.80 . over all very good.

5. Philpot

Philpot Posting Addict

My wife and I went yesterday, very good value and a quality 30 page free show guide. I went with a mission and all aspects I wanted to cover, I did. I bought a two piece DeerHunter smock and trousers at a discounted price, £40+ knocked off so very happy with that. All the way home I was moaning that I had forgotten to buy the camo baseball cap on the next stand for a fiver, A FIVER, what a dick, when we got home my wife found the same hat of ebay for £7, ok well only two quid more.

I thought the show was a total success that we both enjoyed and met a few friends I hadn't seen for ages so top marks from me.

Phil

6. themadspread

themadspread Donator

when it was darn sarf it was £20 whats all that about they must have a realised the yorkies would not pay it:D

7. Jimroyale

Jimroyale Donator

what a day weather wise, just got back from the show which me and my mate enjoyed a lot, plenty to see and do and it didn't cost a fortune, I was looking to see if I could find a fx impact but couldn't, plenty of people there, I think it was a success, we got talking to one of the guys down on the air soft, which I'm not into, but wow some of the guns were amazing, he was telling me that they are made under licence from the original manufacturers so are nearly 100% the same, the 22lr range was funny it was like being at work with the nail gun going off, some of them were getting carried away with the rapid fireing, and in the program it says you can pre book your tickets for next year at this years price, good day had..

8. Wedwivwage

Wedwivwage Posting Addict

Reminds me of this old chestnut.

Yorkshire Obituary
    (In the Yorkshire Post following the death of his wife.)

The couple had been happily married for 50 years.
    The husband contacted the newspaper regarding an obituary.
    When informed of the cost, the man uttered, in true Yorkshire fashion, “How bloody much? !!!”

He reluctantly produced his wallet.
    “I want summat simple” he explained. “My Gladys was a good-hearted, hard-working Yorkshire lass but she wun't 'ave wanted 'owt swanky.”
    “Perhaps a small poem,” suggested the woman at the desk.
    “Nay,” he said, “she wun't 'ave wanted anything la-di-da. Just put, ‘Gladys Braithwaite died’.”

“You need to say when”, he was told by the receptionist.
    “Do I? Well, put 'Died 17th Jan 2016'. That'll do”.

It is usual for the bereaved to add some meaningful phrase about the dearly departed.”

The man considered for a moment. “Well, put in ‘Sadly missed’. That'll do”, he said.

“You can have another four words,” the woman explained.
    “No, no.” he cried, “She wun't 'ave wanted me to splash out.”

“The words are included in the price,” the woman informed him.
    “Are they? You mean I've paid for 'em?”
    “Yes, indeed.”
    “Well, if I've paid for 'em, I'm 'avin 'em”.

The obituary was duly printed as follows:

'Gladys Braithwaite - Died, 17th January 2016. Sadly missed. Also Tractor for sale.'

9. Jimroyale

Jimroyale Donator

We aren't tight up here,,,,, we are careful:)

10. Jack's Da

Jack's Da Donator

Went today and it was throughly enjoyable. I did want to try the Galahad and the HW110 but I thought it was cheeky asking people to pay to sample a new gun so ended up not trying either. The HFT comp held by The Masters was a great sucess. Luckily we shot the morning session and flew around. When we revisited for the afternoon we noticed it was a lot slower and the bloke who seemed to be holding everyone up was the same who we got stuck behind at a shoot last year. He must do it everytime :D As stated earlier the weather was very unnorthernlike and I've even managed to burn me badly bits! The working dogs were brilliant aswell, me being a Springer (dog) lover.
    Nice to meet up with Jon, Liam and Tom from the forum again too.
    Top day out :up:

Don't want to be pedantic but it was the Northern Shooting Show today, The Yorkshire Show is something different.

11. resnikov

resnikov Busy Member

Had a great day on Saturday there with my dad and one of my mates.

Liked having a look and hold of the daystate pulsar and the renegade, made my mind up to the next rifle I get will be a bullpup.
    Bit miffed you could not hold the air arms but managed to blag a hold of one on the air arms range.

My mate got to start his shotgun licence process which should make it a lot quicker.
    Didn't gun a new air weapon there but did get a 20g O/U in a junior stock for my eldest to start with.

All in all it was a good day and well worth the ticket price.

Sent from my ** using Tapatalk

12. Furyan1

Furyan1 Well-Known Member

Wet today really enjoyed it ,good lay out of stalls , plenty of loading gear scopes and other accessories . got variation on FAC for double amount of .22 added a .17 Hornet to my ticket , That was done in 15 min .
    And even put order in for new rifle.
    Blaser in 6.5 x 47

13. Philpot

Philpot Posting Addict

Air Arms were charging to shoot, I live in Lincolnshire and born in South Yorkshire and you can take the lad out of Yorkshire but you can't take Yorkshire out of the lad............so I didn't pay just said I was NEEDING a couple of shots with the TX, it just went on a bit longer than they thought :up:
    Hull Cartridge were not charging anyway.

Perhaps a bit of a long trip for you but Hull Cartridge are having an open day on the 29th at Humberside Shooting Ground if you want to have a go with the HW110, it is worth the effort because that is one sweet gun to use.

Phil