1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice North Norfolk Recommendations

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Felixlogs, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Felixlogs

Felixlogs Busy Member

Off to Sheringham and surrounding area for a few days soon and looking for recommendations of gunshops where I might stumble across a 2nd hand bargain or two, as well as things to see and places to eat, please. Thanks for any good info. :)

2. NorfolkDave

NorfolkDave Donator

North Norfolk isn't really blessed with gunshops. Pellpax in Aylsham isn't too far, but they don't do much in the secondhand way. Morston country sports in Holt is worth a look as is Holt generally. Again not much in the way of secondhand and very little is cheap in Holt.

If you've got kids, I highly recommend Wells next sea. Crabbing on the quayside is mandatory. There's a road train that'll take you to the beach, ice cream by the lorry load, and fantastic fish and chips. There's also the Wells Walsingham railway which is nice and Walsingham is kind of interesting in a weird sort of way.

If you want any specific recommendations for food etc. Let me know.

Dave

OldGreyDog and Felixlogs like this.
  3. windymiller

windymiller bm100 thumbhole

4. Felixlogs

Felixlogs Busy Member

Thanks. I've googled a few but their websites aren't great. Does anybody have any experience of either Norfolk Gun Trading in Hunstanton or North Norfolk Firearms in Cromer, please? Ideally, I'm looking for places I might 'accidentally' stumble across. ;)

5. NorfolkDave

NorfolkDave Donator

There isn't a gun shop in Cromer. Used to be but now sells menswear.

The guy in Hunstanton, how can I put this nicely. He's definitely a character. He does have some good stuff, fairly limited and you have to convince him that your worthy of touching or even looking at his precious things. Also somewhat hard of hearing so speak up. If you do go in, let me know how you get on. It could just be me.

Dave

TrickyDicky, sidney and Felixlogs like this.
  6. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Unknown to me, but very highly recommend Anglia Tackle & Gun :up:

Kelma89, windymiller and Felixlogs like this.
  7. Felixlogs

Felixlogs Busy Member

Thanks. Do they carry any pre-owned?

8. sidney

sidney Keyboard Hero

The fella in Hunstanton....
    When I first went in there, he showed me an SMK underleaver, which he promptly dry fired in the shop. Something pinged off it an landed on the floor. Rather comical really. And he is very deaf. I didn't honestly get the impression that he was particularly precious about his gear though. I think he had a good few pistols in there at the time, although they weren't what I was after so I didn't pay much attention. There's Youngmans at Yarmouth, although I haven't been in there for ages. Take your anti-chav spray if you venture there, it's Deliverance country, and Burt Reynolds can't help you now.

Felixlogs likes this.
  9. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

The gun shop in Hunstanton is just behind Barclays Bank, going up the hill that is. Located in a former fishmongers and not offering a lot in secondhand (if anything) and mainly SMK.

The one they have all missed is Ling's in Great Massingham.
    http://www.lingscountrygoods.co.uk
    Limited secondhand stock but it does have some.

St Clements Guns, Lynn Road Terrington St Clement, new SMK and quite a few secondhand (including an S200 mk 2)
    https://www.stclementguns.co.uk
    Pellet stocks minimal.

Woods, Swaffham.
    https://www.woodsofswaffham.co.uk
    Get ready for sharp intake of breath when you see the prices.
    (you just might stumble across this if you were a fan of the TV series Kingdom).

Walsinghams Hardware Shop, High Street, Wells next the Sea.
    SMK suppliers. No secondhand, no website.

Felixlogs likes this.
  10. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Food advice?

Howells Deli Wells for a nice pork pie, then down the road and turn left for some chips from Frenchs! To get to the beach do not take the road train, just beyond the amusement arcade near the harbour there is a train to the beach, seriously, a train to the beach, Wells Harbour Railway!
    https://wellsharbourrailway.co.uk/about-wells-harbour-railway-time-table/

An unusual place for a meal is on board Albatross. A former freight sail barge that used to go between Wells and Holland.

Felixlogs likes this.
  11. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

Go and see @Kelma89 at Anglia Tackle and Gun - SUPERB SHOP and an all round nice guy.

Kelma89 and Felixlogs like this.
  12. Felixlogs

Felixlogs Busy Member

Do they do any 2nd hand, Mikey?

13. Kelma89

Kelma89 Well-Known Member

I think that Anglia Tackle and Gun is alright ;)

Couple of second hand bits just depends what you are after

mikeyhall1 and Felixlogs like this.
  14. TrickyDicky

TrickyDicky Keyboard Hero

The Pigs in Edgefield does some nice food as does The Old Cow at salthouse on the coast road...you already have most of the gun shops but there is Churchills in Derham..http://www.churchillsofdereham.co.uk/
    And if you need a quick fix at a range drop me a PM;)

15. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

And as for things to do..

In Sherringham you’ve got the North Norfolk steam railway

Go to Blakeney Point and do a boat trip to see the seals

Got to Holt for a days walking/shopping - IMO Norfolk’s most beautiful town

Have lunch at Byfords in Holt

Have dinner at the Taste of India in Holt

Hope for clear skies and expect the best star gazing ever!

Visit Felbrigg House

Visit Sandringham House

Cley Windmill

Walks along the superb beach

16. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

Some mate but it’s always changing. Worth a visit and let Danny know what you’re after and he’ll keep an eye out for you. I see Danny every couple of weeks so I can always bring it down for you.

Felixlogs likes this.
  17. rangelandrob

rangelandrob Engaging Member

Cookies crab shop Salthouse. No licence or toilets, you use the pub over the road. Great smoked fish and reasonable. Great on a sunny day you can sit outside and watch the birds over the salt marsh. Book if you can as the seating indoors is very limited and cramped. It's basically a summer house
    Wiveton Cafe very nice and good views when sitting outside Booking needed, a bit pricey. Wiveton Bell pub is Nice. Inland the Brisley Bell is nice.
    Danny at Anglia gun and Tackle Usually has a few second hand guns, I'm pretty sure he has a nice Anchutz and a couple of top end air arms in stock. Give him a sneaky ring.
    Churchhills in Dereham is Mostly new stuff, but worth looking in at if you are there.

18. rangelandrob

If you fancy shooting, Fankenham rifle club Tues days and Fridays 7.30 until we get tired 10.00 to 10.30 £3.00

19. TrickyDicky

TrickyDicky Keyboard Hero

There is the tank museum but its the other side of Norwich.....oh and if its very soon dont forget to pack your mack and wellies.;)

20. rangelandrob

Tank Museum at Weybourne the Muckleburgh collection. It's very good worth a look. There is one south of Norwich which has the Guy Martin WW1 tank, can't remember what its called though.