1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

no jokes i need help with this.

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by simply james, May 14, 2008.

1. simply james

simply james Banned

as above while at work today i finds a big fish tank in the corner of a barn it was full of water and stunk to the heavens,it been there over 5 years the forman said i could take it ,its not one of the long ones its one that stands upright its a belter ,any way me and four ladds emptied it the smell emptied the site in seconds,any way got it home what will be the best way to clean this thing out with,has any one any good ideas i need your help on this one fellows please,and after its clean should i just keep hosing it down all the time before i bring it indoors cheeres.

2. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Unless you have a jet wash machine at home take it to a car jet wash, then just leave it full of water with some disinfectant for a day.

3. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

i would suggest you hose it out then leave it to stand in the sun we do it with fishing nets it kills all bacteria and removes all the smell it's the ultravolet that does it

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  4. simply james

simply james Banned

yeh andy ive a big karshar jet wash will that do the trick mate.

5. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Yeh but get your waterproofs on because when you jet inside the tank your going to get very wet. :D

6. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

Clean it the best you can and then fill it with diluted bleach and leave to stand for a while :up:

7. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

fill it with something flamable and set it alight:confused:

bleach mum swears by it:rolleyes:;)

8. Buzz

Buzz Banned

James...if you're going to jet wash it, make sure you don't fetch the silicone out of the joints with the powerful jet.

Jenny's been keeping fish for many years and she says NO BLEACH..even trace amounts left behind will kill the fish. No harsh perfumed detergents, but something mild is OK, as long as you rinse it thoroughly afterwards. If you have a local aquarium shop, ask them, they may have something to speed up the process, other than that clean it several times, rinse it thoroughly and take a water sample (from the tank lol) to the pet shop before you put fish in. She says it might be wise to treat the tank with a dose of methylene blue to ensure no fungal infections are present and leave it a week before putting fish in too.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  9. simply james

simply james Banned

thanks chaps and thanks for the info buzz,can you ask your lass where i will be able to get that methaleene from mate,as ive never heard of it before cheeres.

10. Buzz

Buzz Banned

Most pet shops that deal with fish should have it James, it's used to treat fish that have fungal infections, just ask for "methylene blue". Be very careful with it, only very small doses are needed and it can stain anything it comes in contact with. If you get it on your skin it has to WEAR off.
    If you haven't kept fish before there are many other things you'd be better off knowing before you get fish, water quality being the most important. There are many good books on the subject, but if you want to ask Jenny anything, please feel free, I know she'll be only too willing to help. Her current aquarium is about 6ft long, 2'6" high and 2' wide...just over 100 gallons, with all told around 60 fish in it.

11. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

before you fill the tank with water, you have to put, on some polystyrene, about half inch thick, under the whole area of the tank, because if you have a uneven surface the tank will crack...l am not joking James mate, best of luck with your fish tank, project mate:up:;)

12. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

Do I get a medal for posting bum info :eek: Sorry James seemed like a :cool: idea.

:D:D:D

13. simply james

simply james Banned

sorry steve we dont give them for that mate.

14. simply james

simply james Banned

thanks for info buzz mate,if i get stuck jenny will be my first port of call mate.

15. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

thats what i dont like about tropicals there are so many things to go wrong.
    checking the PH is anoying its like a chemistry lesson all over again :mad:

16. BRYAN3

BRYAN3 Member

Home brew

Just a thought, perhaps try wine making steriliser.
    Citric acid+Sodium metabisulphate.
    Ask at shop as its been years since i used that gear.:tea:

17. simply james

simply james Banned

thanks for that bryan mate.