1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

no housing benefit for 18-21 years olds wowwwww!!!!

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by whitevanman574, May 29, 2015.

1. whitevanman574

whitevanman574 Donator

2. john79

john79 Big Poster

3. whitevanman574

whitevanman574 Donator

conscription for benefits should be a follow up

4. Donzo

Donzo Banned

john79 do you have kids? probably none.

5. john79

john79 Big Poster

YES 2 GIRLS

6. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

I'd make anyone wanting theses types of benefits work for it even if it was litter picking. I hate the fact that there are many out there who have never paid any money into the pot and think its there right to dip in....

Lets hope it's a change for the good.

Andrew

7. Tripleteer

Tripleteer Donator

About time too!!!!!!! I had to make my own way in life and it made me better person! And yes I have children and grandchildren too!!!!

8. Titchgamer

Titchgamer Honorary Member

I dont see how a age limit helps anyone tbh.
    Ime not fussed if they are 18 or 52.
    If they need/deserve benefits fair enough but nobody should be able to play the system to get money for nothing.

9. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

These people always seem to have loads of kids, when they really can't afford to keep them,

put a hat on the bloody thing, get the mrs on the pill and double your chances of NOT having kids you can't afford to bring up adequately:)

10. Donzo

Donzo Banned

Yes and in the meantime we keep sending our money to the needy in other flaming countries, it's the people like you lot that is helping to ruin this country with no thought for your own kind living here.
    I have three boys all with excellent jobs, it's a shame that there is not enough to go around then again there would be if it were not for all the immigration here.
    and that is where the hand outs should stop.

11. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

I agree with the later part of your post totally....

But there are so many idle youngsters out there who's parents have bought them up in benefit culture that have never done a day work. It's easy money why work to acheve anything when the government will give you a better standard of living than some working families.

I admit some out there deserve help and would not see them suffer, but as we all know many just take the p**s out of the working man.

The benefits system was there to help the infirm and needy not a give the idle a free ride.

Andrew

12. MOLE CATCHER

MOLE CATCHER Donator

GOOD GO to work.

13. SteveO

SteveO Squinty

We must look at countries such as China with their one child policy, that has come back to bite them.

They now don't have enough young people in work to look after the ageing population, we should be investing in young because without them we all have no future.

I do think there should be more practical training for youngsters to help prepare them to look after their children, it's the one thing that nearly any person can do without having any type of formal training or certification - having a kid and yet its the most important job and asset you will ever have!

14. Treecreeper

Treecreeper Based

So what happens if a 19 year old who's worked since they were 16 suddenly loses their job ? Not all of them will have a parental home to fall back on & some will end up on the streets. Is that fair when we're sending millions of pounds abroad in child benefit for kids that don't even live here ?

15. timmytree

timmytree Very Active

I agree, what should be stopped is kids already dependant on benefit/parents being able to access housing and the benefits that go with it, UNLESS, they are in dire circumstances.
    I started work at sixteen, had a mortgage at 19 and only once got help because I was made redundant, by then I was married with 2 kids. Plenty of people my age had never worked but got a bigger house, more time to themselves and money to spend by working on the side. I still see those same people, still going out 3 nights a week, having holidays, having cars and caravans, big TVs and I wonder if I made a mistake by working for the last 40 odd years? I work to provide for my family, they don't work but still get looked after ok!

16. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

Three part of one problem.

1st. There are many families who have many children as it is a wage for them and a gravy train of benefits.

2nd. There are many young people who will never work due to the above.

3rd. Theses people don't need qualifications or certificates to have kid and bring them up as idle sponges.

Theses people from the genetic cesspool will never look after mine or your generation because we are looking after them now.

Andrew

17. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    if their benefits were capped/limited to the first 2 children only, i wonder how many of these nesbits would have larger families ? ......

edit. i have nothing against supporting the genuine, its just those that take the pi$$ that i object to

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  18. DaveF

DaveF Busy Member

Now the devil in the detail of benefit cuts will come out. The Tories would not have got the votes if they has spelt out in detail what they were going to cut. Its the in work benefits introduced by Labour that are the real problem, but wages are so low across the country cuts to these and housing benefit will cause real problems for people who are in work let alone not in work.

i do think benefits should be capped at 2 kids, to stop a career of having children, and the child must be resident in UK to qualify for any child related benifts

We will soon find out what is planned now there is no coalition

19. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Couldn't agree with you more Donzo:up:

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  20. SteveO

SteveO Squinty

I agree with what you have posted Andrew, my comment was more along the lines of - we need young people to be able to replenish aging society, cutting back on the youngsters being born is not the way to go as we have seen from Chinese policy... but they need to be trained properly from the get-go and taught that working hard and being productive members of society is the only option if you want help later on.

I'm disgusted with the amount of litter that is strewn across our cities streets and also agree that those who are able should be made to complete community work in order to have their benefits. My Romanian friend tells me that people with no income there can have benefits to survive on but they must work doing street cleaning, graffiti removal and other community work in order to qualify.

My own personal view - my kids will have no choice but to work as I won't let them doss and lay about, my lad has worked from leaving school at 16 and has also completed his 3 year electrical training at college currently looking for an apprenticeship but has full time work in retail as well as starting his own DJ business, a lot of the problem is we have bred a 'feral' generation that will not pass on any work ethic to their children - these are the people being discussed, how to change the mind set and stop the rot that has already taken hold I don't really know apart from what has been mentioned above.

I'm also in favour of non-combat military service - that would be the icing on the cake!