1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice Nitesite ns50, what scope??

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by surrey shooter, Jan 10, 2014.

1. surrey shooter

surrey shooter Donator

going to treat myself to nv and looks like it will be a ns50, and talking to essex sniper thinking about a viper connect as new scope, but as I have not yet handled one not sure of eye relief or lack of.

So any other suggestions that work well with ns to look at when I go to ronnie sunshines next week.
    Ss

2. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

To be honest I've only ever used mine on a hawke 4-16x50 and it's been spot on. I've read somewhere that the more expensive the scope it does not work as well due to the coating on the scope lense, weather this is right I'm not sure?

3. surrey shooter

surrey shooter Donator

Hi simon,

I have 3-12x50 ao hawke sport hd. I am happy with scorpion and would like a better scope that will work with ns. And thinking about it I have read about coating too.

4. The Robin

Hi Len

Yes it's a funny thing with the coating. Also I think the connect is a bit funny to set up with the eye relief, again I've read people have made or cut down the rubber hose which goes onto the back of the scope, the ns camera unit has to be closer so it focuses right. But once set up what a cracking set up I would imagine with the bigger fov :up:

I need to sort mine out for the connect :D

5. surrey shooter

surrey shooter Donator

Essex sniper has connect and ns50 and works good I am just worried if I like connect. And nitesite sell a sleeve for connect I am told, is your scope ao si?

6. The Robin

Did not know nite site sold a sleeve for the connect, thanks for the info ;)

Yes my hawke is AO :up:

7. corvids

corvids Busy Member

I use mine on Bushnell Legends with no trouble.
    i like the legends slightly thicker cross hair on the screen.

8. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Very Active

Mtc mamba lites work brilliant mate. I have had a 2 connects, a ns50 and ns200, they are good but not as good as the mamba lite. I think it was on the hunting life forum where some guy done a review of the ns50 on around 10 scopes and descided on the mamba lite too. He asked for oppinions from others and most responses came up with the same answer.

9. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

You do get a bigger fov and because of the short eye relief it uses the whole of the nitesite screen not just a circle in the screen . Ns does a short eye relief sleeve for the viper connect I think it was about 18quid atb

10. The Robin

I might give them a ring, quite fancy the ns50 on the connect :up:

11. metalman

metalman Big Poster

I use Hawke Panorama with N/S, no problem, the boy uses Mamba Lite, no problem. Personally, at night, all i want to do is point and shoot and not worry about getting in focus, hence the Panorama 4-12x40

12. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

I prefer it on the connect rather than my viper because of the wider fov ..better wen spotting

13. Alexdermietzel

Alexdermietzel Keyboard Hero

Hawke panorama's are supposed to be good for the ns50/200. The panorama has a brilliant field of view so it makes sense really.

Happy hunting,

Alex

14. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Want £80 more to spend on a scope? Well OK £65 once you have bought a nice case to but your night vision kit in?

Look here!

http://www.night-eye500.co.uk/catal...ducts_id=29&osCsid=3lkce81t5k3kgqfjjjdvd7s9k5

Better because:

1) It sees 4 times further than the Nite Site

2) It has a noiseless IR illuminator (the stepped switch on the Nite Site makes a hell of a clack as you increase or decrease IR illumination).

3) Colour screen for daytime use - oh yes!

4) Nice easy to use clips for your scope that means you won't drop the nut in a load of gravel and be unable to mount the screen onto the tube.

5) Additional clips are not a fecking fortune and sold singly which means you won't be forced to buy a 30mm clip when you only have a 25mm scope!

6) Better screen resolution, makes things easier to see!

7) Look at the saving man!

By the way I have an NS50 as well, the Night Eye NE500 murders it, burns the corpse then urinates on the ashes, it is just so much better!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  15. Whistler

Whistler Donator

I use my 200 with a mamba lite, works well. The only real advantage over the hawkes is the side parallax.
    A word of caution though, I've just got a problem with a second hand mamba lite where pushing the rubber camera attachment over the eye bell has actually broken the eye bell thread lock. So now the whole eye bell rotates ! I had a faulty new mamba lite where this happened in just normal use, but now it's happened on this second hand one when connecting the NS. I think the raised grip on the eye bells makes the rubber stretch too much. Gary at MTC replaced the new one without quibble, but I haven't felt cheeky enough to ask about this second hand one.
    On advice I also bought a Cobra Merlin DSA to use instead of the rubber mount. I am personally not impressed. I've had to shave the lip off one side of the relevant packing ring as with the ring in situ the DSA will not open wide enough to clear the grip section on the mamba eye bell, and I've had to wind insulation tape around the camera so it fits securely in the DSA as well (insufficient packing rings provided). Also, the Cobra DSA holds the camera too close if everything is snugged up securely, I've had to move it back on the eye bell as far as possible and only have it gripping on about 2/3 of the camera.
    Just my six pennorth !

16. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

There are better options than the NS50 according to a lot of people who have done comparative tests. If you can't do a self build (which is far and away the best value) you could look at the NE500 or there is another fairly cheap unit out in a few weeks, it would be worthwhile waiting to go to the Shooting Show where you will be able to see all the different makes and try some of them out as well.

17. surrey shooter

surrey shooter Donator

Thanks for replys chaps.
    Ss

18. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Also buying a scope for almost purely ratting with an ns50, been told to get 1.5-5x20 wtc but how does this work with an ns50, other scopes I'm considering are the falcon small ones (£130 on uttings) and the small nighteaters?

19. JD

JD Donator

If you buy the Falcon Tom, I'd like to hear your thoughts on it, I've been looking at that scope for some time.

20. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Will do jd