1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Nikon

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Potshot, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Hi everyone, Can anyone tell me if Nikon scopes are any good?

2. topcat

topcat Post Whore

scope

if you are after top quality airrifle scope the leupold 6 20 40 efr which parralax down to ten yards on full 20 times mag is the best out the box airrifle scope you can get the nixon only parralax down to 25 yards i think but im not 100 percent sure so isnt a true air rifle scope the loopys are realy expensive but you should get a mint second hand one for300ish

3. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

tend to agree about the loop, but not about the nikon which are very good scopes:D

4. andy s410c

andy s410c Active Member

NIKON SCOPES

Hi there potshot,i have the Nikon Monarch 6.5-20x44 which is designed specifically for airgun use.What can i say a tremendous scope build quality,looks & optical quality has to seen to be believed i also use the scope for lamping with no problems.My advice if you can afford one buy one you won,t regret it :thumb:

5. topcat

topcat Post Whore

does it parralax down to ten yards andy on fullmag

6. andy s410c

andy s410c Active Member

NIKON PARALLAX

Hi tony,the AO is marked for 30yds however you can get another quarter turn so maybe it could parallax down to 15yds iv,e never tried to see how precise the pa reading is might be something somewhere on internet to clarify the minimum pa range :confuzed:

7. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Hi All, I'm looking at the Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 £150 + p+p.
    It's for L/R rabbits only.
    Cheers.PS

8. Murphy

Murphy Well-Known Member

Where did you hear that?? :D

9. topcat

topcat Post Whore

well mr doe is resposnsible for that a true airgun scope with high mag capabilitty and parralax adjustment should be capable of paralaxing down to ten yards on full mag the lens quality might be good but has advertising goes in the mags dont beleive every thing you read

10. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Hi Andy, I've seen these, v.nice but I find it's too higher mag for what i'm used to using. I've got an old B+L at x6, it's just too wobbly for standing shots
    Thanks.

11. topcat

topcat Post Whore

so are you after a 3x9x 40 believe it or not the nikko gold range at about £40 might be ok its better than the price suggests not has good optically has the nikon or b+l but youd be surpriced for the price look in the airgun mags ramsbottom sells them

12. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Hi TC, I used to swear by N.S, but have had 2 scopes from the newer GC range go wrong. one decided to shoot 6" right and stay there,the other had its body tube crushed by the plastic lamp clip as supplied by Deben. On opening the tube was paper thin in one area.
    Also, I'm sure I wasn't getting a true x12 magnification.
    I have 3 other N.S from the early '90s they're rock solid and crystal clear. Made when Jap lenses were second only to Austrian crystal.
    Real shame.
    Cheers.

13. topcat

topcat Post Whore

nik

you could be right mate im just going of past reference.things might of changed