1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Nigel Farage......I like him even more now.

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Kenbarcon, May 28, 2014.

1. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

2. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

i read this a while back and was feeling hes in touch with us.

as everyone on here most likely agrees, the naughty boys still have them and honest john who hasn't committed a crime in his life turned his in.

its a farce we cant practice pistol shooting, what about that beiber fella shooting the wpc in leeds when they were banned, successful ban really, wasnt it:laff:

3. Paul Cann

Paul Cann Posting Addict

He is about as in touch with us as any other potential PM , I'm confused as to why anybody believes he is anything other than a smarmie faced liar like the others who will say whatever he thinks you want to hear (see " Cameron's last pre election promises for details" ......oh wait, you can't because the Tories have doctored the website and removed all the old lies and promises they made about six months ago)

4. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    trouble is, that they say what the masses want to hear in order to get into power. once in, their views and policies soon change, and many of their original promises prove to be as elusive as their honesty and integrity

5. tisme

tisme Donator

Yer he only said about handguns to be popular NOT

6. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

To be honest, I think our "friend" Farage has committed a huge error of judgement, it actually has me rolling about laughing because he thinks he has stolen a march on his opposition by cleverly gathering some votes to himself from the shooting fraternity..............

Wakey Wakey Nige!!!! Time to smell the coffee!!!:D

He has in one stroke almost guaranteed that his party will never sit in government...................Why??? Simply because the anti gun lobby, and the don't give a stuff about shooting, but don't want any guns legalised lobby are far bigger than we shooters of all disciplines could ever muster.

They will not vote for any party that will allow people to own handguns period, might as well face if folks. I know the law is a farce, we all know the law is a farce, but that's because we shooters understand what shooting is all about. The anti brigade are a bunch of fear filled people whose fear of firearms and the people that posses them paralyses any sort of rational though that might otherwise occur between their ears. Make no mistake though, they are a formidable foe, they may be afeared as individuals but as a group they are mighty brave, and they absolutely intend to have their way and outlaw any sort of gun or shooting in this country. So all the anti gun groups are going to muster behind anyone that says they wont do a Nigel.

I gotta be honest here, even if it makes me unpopular or should I say more unpopular with certain people on this forum? I think that Prior to Dunblane we had firearms legislation about right in this country, I did say about right, because I feel that the psychological screening of FAC candidates did not go deep enough, I would like to see psychological screening strengthened even today, for all FAC candidates. There may even be merit in extending that to ownership of air weapons?

I should be grateful to him really, because everything else he stands for is total anathema to me, UKIP is more tory than the tories have the courage to be. Think of Moseley's brown shirts prior to the second world war, those are the kinds of people that swell the UKIP ranks

7. Paul Cann

Paul Cann Posting Addict

I heard a rumour that Cameroons muppets are whispering about the possibility of legalising cannabis in order to gain a few more votes this time

8. Carty87

Carty87 Donator

33% blanket income tax, means I will never give them my vote. They want to move the country backwards about 50 years, and alienate the U.K.
    its a party full of outdated ideals for the upper class to resonate with. I think the only reason they have got into European Paliament is because they have targeted a popular opinion that immigrants are "coming in and taking hardworking Brits jobs" it's a falicy anyway, if a pole who can't speak a word of English is given a n unskilled job over you, then you are clearly at fault.
    Its the benefits system that needs an overhaul, and a decent living/minimum wage, so that it's always more beneficial to work where possible.

9. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

:up::claping::tea::D

10. Skinwiz

Skinwiz Busy Member

They're all on the campaign trail so they will say whatever it takes to get our votes , they can always justify a u turn once they get what they're after . As for taking the country back 50 years I watched a programme about the 60's the other eve and I was surprised just how similar the topics/issues were , immigration being one of them , stress and modern living being aother , seems like the fifty year cycle is still turning , 2060 our kids and grand kids will probably have the same issues with a few new ones thrown in , hell , they even had a section about what we now call global warming and carbon footprints ( though not using the same catchwords ) . In the green and pleasant places of this country where the well off can afford to live its still old blighty but with broadband , in the cities and larger towns you could be in any country on earth as the population is so multicultural . It's already happened so there's not really a lot any party can do unless the public get behind deportations etc . At the end of the day you reap what you sow , sow seeds in bull@&)t and it will grow well .

11. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Red gives me the willies, I hate it. I detest multiculturalism and I want my country back.

Blue, ye speak much truth, we have been fed on a diet of Bullsh1te for many years now.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2014
  12. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

... Quite, the old 'mushroom factor' all over again. . help this country if Farage gets even a whiff of power :mad:

13. Skinwiz

Skinwiz Busy Member

believe me I had to think very carefully about how I wrote that particular part lol but then again that's exactly the problem , you should be able to say what you like , offence is a perception created in someone's mind , it's a bit different to physically impressing your feelings or thoughts on someone . You only have to look at where I live to realise I live and feel frustration every day of my life , I was raised in a country and society that for me at least no longer exists . I love other cultures but I don't want to live in them , I thought that was the whole point of travelling ? Go , experience , come home and enjoy the snaps . Now you can nip into Manchester and choose which culture you'd like to be in , or just do em all at once .

14. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

No one knows what their policies are yet, they won't be published until September, until then its all speculation driven by newspapers and whingeing MPs who are afraid of losing their seats.

15. Carty87

Carty87 Donator

I don't proffer to be an expert Ken, but I do take an interest in parties policies and watch question time, the Clegg/Farage debates, and I feel I've got a good idea about what UKIP are about.

Of course a large part is speculation from politicians afraid of losing their seats, but by the same token I have heard plenty from the horses mouth (Farage and Helmer) that I just feel are regressive policies. If UKIP win the general election, and when people realise the cost of their ideals, we will be paying the price for years to come.

I am a swinging voter, and have no true loyalty to any party, because in one way or the other they still break vows and fail to deliver. I voted for Conservatives last time around and have been left thoroughly disappointed with how they have gone about running this country. My missus had to go back full time after benefit cutbacks, and it's very fortunate her parents can look after our little boy and ask nothing in return, otherwise we would both be working full time and all out spare money would be going on childcare. A large portion of full time working families are not living - just surviving. That's not a way of life, or any kin of reward for being a contributing mber of society. It partially justifies why there is an endemic, of benefit scroungers living on handouts. There needs to be a bigger gulf on the quality of life for the working man on the street, to the doley, who has gone through life living courtesy of the taxpayer. It's ethically wrong. 25 years ago a full time working couple could afford a mortage 2 cars and 2 nice holidays a year. Now people are lucky to have any of that doing exactly the same thing.

i could go on all day, I really could!

16. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

I am in total agreement with you, i also know UKIP will never get to rule the country, but they will rattle a few feathers and hopefully make the other parties realize that the general public are sick to the back teeth of the immigration problems and the British law being overridden by Brussels. The latest results from the elections has shown that the people are looking for change, be it from the Tories or Labour, as long as someone does something.

17. Carty87

Carty87 Donator

I am pleased we are on the same page Ken. Farage is a very good polotician, he can get his views across very well.
    i wholeheartedly agree regarding beaurocrats ruining this country. Too many at the top of the tree are out of touch with the reality of the middle and lower middle classes. Change does indeed need to be made. I do feel its important to stay in the EU, but it needs to have at least some benefits for the more successfull and attractive countries like ours. As it is we are something of a stopping post, where people work any job in order to create a better future life for themselves in their native countries. It's not beneficial to us much, but if I was in their shoes I would do the exact same thing.

atb

18. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

"Too many at the top of the tree are out of touch with the reality of the middle and lower middle classes. "

Can you explain to me where you are running with this? No I aint looking for an argument, just clarification, are you saying that the working classes are no longer relevant? I'll grant you that Thatcher (spit) damaged them beyond beyond any measure I would have thought possible, but are our manufacturing industries now reduced to such a diminutive level that the people working in them have no validity?

19. jantar

jantar Donator

I can understand and accept immigration but not when it supercedes our customs or way of life. Immigrants should accept and convert to it or at least accept that our customs and lifestyle is one they are obliged to blend into. Nothing is to prevent them from retaining their own customs as long as they do not prevent or limit ours. It should not be the reverse of that, and that is how it appears to be.
    Manchester is not that different from Leicester then considering Leicester now has the dubious title of being officially recognised as the first wholly multicultural city in the UK by percentage of population. I am not a racist ....just a Scot who joined the HMF then lived in Germany 9 years (liked it) then moved back to the UK for a better life in England many years ago and now being English I am trying to live an English lifestyle. Only thing left to say is that I will, on referendum day (dream on) I will vote to leave the EU and its greedy self important officials.
    Please, because I mentioned I was born a Scot, do not bring up the Scottish independance vote, this post has nothing whatsoever to do with that event.

20. Tadpole

Tadpole Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Guys can you please 'not' quote a post in it's entirety :rules:

Quoting Long Posts: Quoting a whole guide or extremely long posts in your post and then commenting on it is just pointless and a waste of space. If there is a certain part of the quote you would like to refer to while comment, quote the original quote and then delete the parts that are not important that you are not referring to.