1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Nicks Hw80.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by telephonepete, Feb 13, 2019.

1. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

20190213_122912.jpg Well ive had a session with my new hw 80 that i bought from Nick Tinbum. I have finally found a .22 that i can shoot. It was windy today and i started at 15 yds and went out to 25 yds. 25 yds is the distance we shoot at which is the max at the club. I am chuffed that this reputedly hold sensitive 80 is not at all hold sensitive. It is not at all pellet fussy and the smallest group was shot at 25yds in a significant wind shot rested on my hard caldwell junior rest. Gun resting directly on the rest. .22 ft exact jumbo 15.89gr was the pellet. I shot 5 pellets at a pellet hole and a 5p coin is there for size. Considering the wind all the 4 makes of 20190213_122813.jpg 20190213_122849.jpg 20190213_122813.jpg 20190213_122941.jpg 20190213_122813.jpg 20190213_133347.jpg pellet were very good and i am so pleased to have finally succeeded with a .22. I was really expecting to be all over the place such is the reputation of this gun. I suppose you have to give credit to Nicks short stroke kit. Here are some pics of this excellent gun. Sorry about 3 pics the same.

hairyarms, Tinbum, robthedog and 18 others like this.
  2. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy

Very nice Pete, I’m really chuffed that you’re happy mate.

3. Trampilot

Trampilot Keyboard Hero

Great! Welcome to the world of 80s.

4. Robgriff1

Robgriff1 Engaging Member

I do like hw80’s just a pure classic proper gun

5. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Very nice Pete and good grouping ... has Mandy sussed it yet ? ;)

6. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Thanks Mikey, Nobody is more surprised than me. I have no time at all for .22. I only bought it because its nearly 20 years and such a good example. I am not doing anything to it like modding it up i want to keep it original.

mikeyhall1 likes this.
  7. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

No you must have missed the post in yesterdays thread where i came clean about how i did it.

That hurts likes this.
  8. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Just found it .... very cunning :up:

9. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Well she is sitting next to me now and i must be developing a conciense about these little deceptions because i feel a little guilty.

foxtrott and That hurts like this.
  10. stew87

stew87 Certified

Thats some good shooting. Sounds like you have found a keeper :)

11. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Yes i think so i really am amazed as its a . 22. I am now wanting to try a few more pellets. I would like to try tins of 200 as you dont normally get many pellets in starter packs. Unless anybody knows of starter packs that have 50 pellets of each make of pellet. Anybody?? It gets very expensive at £15 a tin.

12. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

I am in two minds about the stock. When i first saw the thread before i bought it somebody remarked what a nice stock it was and i resolved to hand rub it with Danish oil if it was very good Beech. It is good but it also looks nice as it is. If i strip it which i may do eventually i will use a water based stain as i have had a good result using that. It raises the grain and is not the easy option as you need to fiddle around with it until you get the effect that you want but after 20 coats of Danish Oil you can get a very attractive result. I am not sure what to do.

13. Air arms boy

Air arms boy Wear sunscreen!

That is a beautiful hw80 Pete I’m very jealous mate ..

Great shooting too!

14. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Sorry about just pipping you at the post. Well im not but you know what i mean. I cant shoot .22 so as this gun is so known for being hold sensitive i can only assume that its Nicks short stroke kit thats doing its job. When i saw the gun i just could not believe the condition. Now i want to try a few pellets. Just realised that you can get tester packs on ebay for about £3 for 50. That seems a lot better than £15 for 500. I just need a few recomendations so that i know the makes to order.

foxtrott likes this.
  15. Air arms boy

Air arms boy Wear sunscreen!

now Worries Pete lol I contacted nick and he said sorry sold very quick (didn’t see the for sell post :D)

When the time comes pm me:thumb: until then enjoy your new gun Pete

16. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy

You’ll have it in a CS stock by spring lol

mattyw1987, foxtrott and robs5230 like this.
  17. Peter Norris

Peter Norris Post Whore

Please leave the stock original...…
    Peter.

18. robs5230

robs5230 Pro Poster

Glad you're getting on with it Pete. Maybe the SS kit does improve them.
    For pellets I'd give JSB RS a whirl. I really like the 13.43 weight in .22. They've been doing uncannily well in my .22 rapid too (until I sold it).
    If you do try these and get on with em, I have 3 unopened tins here that you could have at the right price and I'm heading down to Mousehole 4th March so I'm sure we could arrange a meet.

hairyarms and TORNADOS7 like this.
  19. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Thanks mate i shal give them a try.

20. pjgtech

pjgtech Keyboard Hero

Very nice, enjoy her.... :thumb: