1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie! Views on a gunpower stealth?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Dagwood1971, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Dagwood1971

Dagwood1971 Active Member

Hi all,what's people's views on the stealth? What sort of distances can be achieved accurately and what can it take down? Also a recommendation on a good pellet for said gun? Please keep things simple for me,don't know any abbreviations for gun talk yet! Merry Christmas to u all! Dagwood!

2. hawk eye

hawk eye Banned

i had a stealth for a few years loved it.was able to hold a 5p grouping at 60 yards. mine like bessy mag pellets and bsa elites. keep a eye on the power though as they like to creap over the limit. keep it chrono'ed pal

3. Darren Petts

Darren Petts Temporarily Alive

Possibly the worst choice gun you could make. There are better triggers on cap guns. They can be made to work if you fettle them and spend money.

4. Dagwood1971

I did get the stealth as part of a deal when I sold a tv so I haven't paid for it as such,the trigger does tend to be temperamental,so I'm having a friend who's an armourer in the army have a look at it for me,maybe I will just see how I get on with it as it's my first gun,and then take it from there,but thanks for your comments

5. Mikecg

Mikecg Well-Known Member

I had one for a while and quite enjoyed having something different, always accurate but the trigger (and safety) was awful!!

6. vitalich

vitalich Keyboard Hero

great and quiet TDR in case you update standart moderator

great handling and huge shot count

loves care and attention

very accurate on 50y as any of mines and ex

the only minus for me was thai it's single shot

7. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Got one in the back off the cabinet , ugly but very capable great for hunting and very modable as for the trigger well i think we are spoilt rotten theses days with air rifle triggers , stick a decent scope on it and you got a great starter PCP :up: hmmmm should dig mine out thinking about it now :rolleyes:

8. foggybell59

foggybell59 Engaging Member

Well I love mine apart from the safety,and its getting the treatment after Chrimbo's over,
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL ALGY;)

9. Dagwood1971

What can be done with regards to the safety? Really looking forward to using it,can anyone recommend a decent scope that doesn't break the bank?

10. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Anything from the Hawke range , a 3/9x40 would be absolutely fine :up:

11. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I second that, good value for money scopes :up:

12. Dagwood1971

Cheers guys,are the any better than the asi super scope that's already on it?

13. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Well Probably if its an old ASI scope , Optics have evolved beyond all recognition , 20 years ago my HW 77 , best rifle off the day cost less than £100 my scope cost more . when i bought my first centre fire my scope cost 3 x the price , now if you spend £50 new , you will find a very capable scope the Robin is far more knowledgeable than me and he agrees , you have a realy solid little rifle , enjoy , save breaking the bank for when you becom an air gun addict ..... happens to the best off us :rolleyes: I still have that 77 and scope , if i tokk it out hunting id get at least as many bunnies as i would with my kit that cost more than my car :rolleyes:

14. Dagwood1971

[​IMG] here's the scope I have on it now

15. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Hey if it Zeros at 35yds you have all the kit you need :up: , stick with basics . if it groups at 35 yds in a 5p group Winner :up: if not get a barrel cleaning kit . pull through £6 off a member on this forum :up: Stealth is a great rifle if very basic , dont worry about the faults in manufacture . it WILL do the job :up:

16. Dagwood1971

17. vitalich

vitalich Keyboard Hero

let me know if u will have this scope for sale

18. Dagwood1971

Will be selling in the new year matey,how much they worth guys? Any idea?

19. hawk eye

hawk eye Banned

i sold mine with a new hawk airmax scope hogan commander silencer with extended bsa barrel and got £450 for it. looking at your some wear between £280 to £330 depending what you got to go with it as well.

20. Akita177

Akita177 The Absolute State of Britian podcast

Ive never had the chance to look through one of those old a.s.i scopes but if its upto the standard of those period Japanese scopes id guess its pretty dam good.
    Id probly learn to shoot it 6x,5x or 4x to make things easier for yourself is im guessing its a .22?