1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

newbie looking for advice

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by y2kfireblade, Jul 24, 2007.

1. y2kfireblade

y2kfireblade Active Member

hi all, im being forced to return to the airgun scene as i have had my shotgun and section 1 licence revoked. the reasons for this ill not say as yet but they are not surprisingly ridiculous. anyhow im looking to get a really good full power air rifle that can go to my section 1 when i get it back after appeal. preferably something quite individual and semi auto in .22 calibre with silencer and all the toys.
    thanks in advance. y2k.

2. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Semi auto

Hi Y2k, Racking my brains,I don't know of any s/a air rifles amongst the production lines:confuzed:.
    The only one I can think of is the old Saxby&Palmer Sabata, an air cartridge,revolving rifle.
    By now they must be rare as hens teeth.
    If you find another,modern rifle,let us know!:)
    GL

3. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

semi auto air rifles are illegal in this country.

4. David

David Engaging Member

5. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Illegal?

Hi Rockabilly, How come there's loads of semi auto rimfires etc available to FAC holders but no s/a air rifles.
    Do you know of any websites where the law is broken down to extreme detail so as to clarify reasons why?

6. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

7. y2kfireblade

because britain gets more ridiculous with its firearms laws everytime a vote hungry politician makes another kneejerk law.

8. y2kfireblade

9. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

We're living in a ' nanny state ', and it only gets worse from here - make the most of how things are now, because I'm sure that pretty soon even more bans and tweaks in the law will come into place.

10. y2kfireblade

guaranteed. its only a matter of time before all airguns have to be licenced and ammunition will be restricted etc. thats blank firers banned form october and any replicas also. absolutely ridiculous, when are these people going to realise that people that commit gun crime wont be bothered at all by more restrictions on us?

11. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Criminals who use air weapons are often just put into the category of people who commit ' gun crime ' - when actually an air rifle isn't a fire arm.

Think about it ... the people who are using air weapons in crime obviously acquired them illegally in the first place, so how will a ban solve anything?

It ruins it for everyone else - the people like us who are responsible and use air weapons safely. Things are bad enough already with the 12 ft/lb limit - it's ridiculous.

Rant over ...

12. David

David Engaging Member

If I had to register myself for a FAC to hold a 12ftlb air rifle then I would, with the benefit of upgrading my exsisting rifles and take up pest control as a service

David

13. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

S/A

Hi all,As far as i know s/a air rifles ALWAYS have been illegal exept for the S&P i mentioned earlier(air cart's now being FAC only).If you have an FAC you can buy s/a firearms.I work for a chap who owns (legally) an 8 shot s/a shotgun (awesome for rats:D). I've always thought any more than 3 was outlawed.
    Is it that an s/a air rifle is more likely to fall into the wrong hands than these guns? I don't see why they should if you are an FAC holder:confused: