1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

newbie here asking for advise

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by manchesterandy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. manchesterandy

manchesterandy Engaging Member

Hi guys, I'm a rifle kind of guy but I do like pistols. I was looking at a co2 gamo pt85 but I'd prefer a full power (or damn near to it) pistol.
    I'd much prefer to keep the looks to a modern-ish while retaining the ability to have a magazine to fire multiple shots similar to the gamo. Any advise on what to go for?

Also, would it be possible to modify a co2 to make it near the 6ft-lbs limit?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  2. reaper6

reaper6 Banned BANNED

Welcome along

3. themadspread

themadspread Donator

pm matty he knows his pistols

4. mattyts

mattyts Donator

There are very little,if any full power,multishot CO2s.

A Crosman 2240 is high powered but not multishot/pseudo semi auto.

The PT85 and similar guns are fun but aren't up to much in the accuracy or power departments.

It would be hard to modify the Gamo as it would need extra force on the valve which would stress the internals and make it incredibly hard to cock and fire.

5. OzzyJ

OzzyJ Donator

If you have the money then a brocock atomic super six fits the bill. Good on power, six shot pcp but 250 notes secondhand if you can find one.

6. Ben 36

Ben 36 Active Member

I know of someone who, on camera, has managed to get over 5ft/lbs from the long barrel version of the Gamo pt 85. There's also the long barreled Skif by Anics, or a tuned standard Skif, these can be extremely powerful for CO2 pistols. Ignore what people tell you about Anics there are plenty of people who swear by them. There's also the Umarex Desert Eagle, this ghastly lump of plastic is also capable of over 4 ft/lbs. None of these are especially accurate. The Crosman 600 is also very powerful for a CO2 gun, will be more accurate and is a true semi auto. Another true semi auto is the Drulov DU10 Condor, this is a beautiful pistol, very accurate, but nowhere near full power as it doesn't need to be. Those are the pellet firers.

BB firers which are unusually powerful include the Ekol pistols, well made, powerful, but dreadfully inaccurate. It's also possible to increase the power significantly on a pre Gen 5 Baikal Makarov.

The thing is that there's no point in having a powerful CO2 multishot pistol, it won't increase accuracy, it will never ever be consistent enough for the higher power to matter, and it will add nothing to the purpose of the pistol.

If you want a CO2 pistol I'd say find the one you like the best and go for it, forget power. If you want power of about 7-8ft/lbs, accuracy, good build quality, blowback and a 30 shot magazine, I'd say go for the CX4 carbine, but get the rifled version from Germany. This option is not only far cheaper than buying here, but much more convenient as they can quite legally, due to E.U law, deliver to your door.

7. Ben 36

Ben 36 Active Member

Reading your question again I'll add, it is possible to modify a Skif almost to the limit, and push a Makarov quite a lot. I've an idea about the Mak but, despite owning several, none about the Skif.

8. OzzyJ

OzzyJ Donator

If you really want a long barrelled PT85 to play with i have one you could have cheap as I dont use it anymore.

9. manchesterandy

Thanks guys, some good advice there especially from Ben!
    OzzyJ is it the one with the permanent silencer? How much you after for it? Last time I was down your neck of the woods was when I was at RAF Halton. I don't fancy a 6 hour round drive so you'll have to quote me on delivery charge too!

Thanks again chaps

10. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

I got a Rohm Trainer to 5fpe with accuracy and consistency. It was multi shot too.

11. OzzyJ

OzzyJ Donator

its not really a silencer, its a barrel extension over which a bit of metal silencer shaped is screwed.
    I will take a couple of pics in the morning and post them up so you can see. If you want it to play with then its 30quid plus postage (just to make some room in the cupboard)
    i was born in RAF Halton and lived in wendover before uprooting and travelling a full 3 miles to Aylesbury:D

12. manchesterandy

Quite a nice part of the world. Completely different from Manchester. It'd be nice to see how much has changed after 15years (prob not much tho)

13. lazar

lazar Member

Another Newby I am but

I have only been into airguns since about Christmas but love to research and I only know co2 pistols so far I have installed in er barrel to moch suppressor of umarex beretta px4 storm recon went from 380 fps to a lot more.and I also turned umarex tdp 45 tac pistol into some kind of assault rifle .The barrel extention I made added a lot of power and accuracy now it is on par or better then my break barrel rifle. I haven't crony them yet with my phone app it's still to cold in canada but another month and I get to see what they can do.if I can do that the swissarms941 can already shoot 500 fps with four inch barrel .turn into carbine and utter clip to shoot pellets. ..

14. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

Here you go .... should fit the bill .... multishot, CO2 and as close to full power as you will get, can be had in the next few months from these guys .....

http://www.solware.co.uk/air-pistol-air-rifle/airforce-one-trophy-ms-pistol.shtml

Or you can buy it at less than half the price from these guys and I have an email from them telling me they will ship to UK, if you don't understand the language, contact them via the contact form and they will respond fairly quickly in perfect English.....

http://gun.cz/O_nas

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  15. Davec52

Davec52 Member

I've just bought a Crosman 2240 for my 8yo granddaughter, as she has got the shooting bug, to use under supervision, as she is too small to use my rifles comfortably cost just below £80, never really been into pistols but this is a fun gun and is highly customisable found this site in the USA.

http://www.bnmcustom.com/product/complete-kits-13xx-copy/

For around a £120 posted plus import taxes etc, you can mod it into a ten shot with an aluminum breech either dovetail or weaver mounts, right, left or ambidextrous bolt options, a ten shot mag, and a barrel shroud, comes in a variety of finishes.

An option especially if you like tinkering and customising