1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

New to me NFR

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by Tim_B, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Tim_B

Tim_B Major Poster

New to me MFR

Hi all.....just a quick pic of my latest acquisition. It's not a minter, but that doesn't matter as I am hoping it will become one of my go to hunting rifles. It is my first foray into the world of Theoben. Planning on having it fully serviced and then putting a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 BDC on the top.

I have added baffles to the end of the shroud which has quietened it down a lot and a previous owner has already drilled the vented support (which I have read also helps with noise reduction).

Thanks
    Tim B

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  2. paddy d

paddy d Engaging Member

Good work Tim , hope she turns out to be a keeper

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  3. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Looks superb :up:

4. katluke

katluke Donator

The mighty Rapid :up:. I think the Rapid platform is more appreciated than ever these days.

5. sithe79

sithe79 Donator

That is a lovely looking rifle! Definitely on my list!!!
    Atb,
    Simon

6. Tim_B

Tim_B Major Poster

Thanks all. I am hoping they live up to the rep :). A couple of things to sort on it, then I can start enjoying it.

Thanks
    Tim B

7. Blackmax

Blackmax Forum Rude Guy

Nice one Tim, you can't beat a Rapid, especially an MFR, I can vouch for that I have two.

Out of interest what are you going to have done to it?

8. Tim_B

Tim_B Major Poster

Hi Blackmax......well firstly I discovered, after getting it home, that the stock screw has been cross threaded, so that needs sorting. A bit disappointed, but communication with the seller has been good, so agreement has been reached. Another thing to the list of things to watch for when buying second hand.

The first thing to be done is a strip down and service to see what's going on under the hood - I am hoping that the stock screw is a genuine error (not sure) and the rifle is ok underneath. To be honest I really like how the rifle shoulders and was surprised how light it was - so am really keen to keep it. On the positive side, if there is anything lurking there and it can be put right, I will know I have a good base to start with.

After that, it will be a case of putting on the prostaff and seeing how accurate she is. I have been told of her favourite diet, but of course will also do this for myself - as well as the obligatory chrony strings etc. Just getting to know the rifle really.

Once that's done, I may fiddle with the baffles to see if I can get it any quieter, but that's just tinkering really.

thanks
    Tim B

9. kenhawker

kenhawker Honorary Member

She looks well proportioned.

10. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

To think I had a rapid mfr pass through my hands that I basically had thrown at me and I sold it for a pittance without even trying it because I thought it looked ugly! Aaaaaaggh!!!

11. Tim_B

Tim_B Major Poster

haha - they are certainly not ugly.....my HW100KT takes that honour in my collection, however I still love it to bits. In time I will no doubt tart the shroud up as it has a few dings on it (as does the stock), but the intention is to take it hunting so I wasn't really after a complete minter.

Thanks
    Tim B

12. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Enjoy your shooting:up:

13. Blackmax

Blackmax Forum Rude Guy

Hi Tim,
    If I recall I recently saw that gun advertised. From what I understand most things are easy to fix, does it still have the AT in place as it would have had one on the late block it's sporting?

Cloverleaf recently posted something about getting damaged threads sorted out, I believe it might be close to other components so it might be worth speaking to him or putting a post on the R7OC forum. You can also get it get bits for it on there too.

Running right they're an awesome gun so worth persevering.

Andy

14. Tim_B

Tim_B Major Poster

Thanks Andy - I will persevere, just a bit disappointed I can't take it out to play as soon as I bought it....the tribulations of buying second hand when you don't really know what you're looking at. :). I will learn some day :)

It's currently with Mike so I am sure it will come back the best it can be - let's hope it's accurate after all this :). I am also looking out of a .22 version so I am a glutton for punishment - well, for taking risks any way. I've been lucky with second hand buys up until this point, so not a bad average.

The good news is that it has been stripped and no major blockers or red flags at this point - so it's a case of sourcing a couple of bits, getting it back together and seeing how good they are :). That makes it sounds easy...but i'll leave the techie stuff to the experts.

Thanks
    Tim B