1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

New Steyr Pro X And Pro X Scout

Discussion in 'Trade / Commercial sales' started by the-countryway, Mar 8, 2019.

1. the-countryway

the-countryway Posting Addict

We have some more pictures of the new Steyr Pro X and Pro X Scout.
    We have not had any availability or prices confirmed yet.

ProX .jpg

ProX 1.jpg

ProX Scout.jpg

ProX Scout 1.jpg

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

2. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Very Active

I am sure there will be plenty of feedback after the show this weekend.

I thought you guys weren't dealing with Steyr?

3. the-countryway

We don't generally stock Steyr on the shelf, but we do get them in to order.
    Although this little bullpup may tempt us to hold a couple.

4. Gunfun

Gunfun Engaging Member

If Steyr sell that 10 shot self indexing bullpup for a reasonable price, you'll need to get a 'pooh stick' to stop your customers from storming the shop counter.

evenbad likes this.
  5. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Very Active

Whatever Steyrs list price, you can guarantee it will be cheaper at Countryway LOL!

Reevo17 likes this.
  6. the-countryway

I'm going to have a guess that the RRP will most likely be around £2000. Of course we will be cheaper lol

Blue BSA, Reevo17 and evenbad like this.
  7. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

My my, that is interesting - thanks for the update!

So the big headline feature IMO is that they've switched from a liner 5-shot mag to a rotary 10-shot alternative - significant news indeed - I'd be interested to know how this has been implemented. In the brochure pic of the mag it looks like it has an internal, sprung spindle; I'd guess you either insert the mag then rotate it to pre-tension the spring, or perhaps they've integrated some way of winding it up off-gun that's then tripped / released when it's loaded into the rifle - that would be really slick :cool:

FWIW I think keeping everything aligned with this new mag format is probably more challenging than with the 5-shot stick, so I think it would be wise to hold fire for a while until the gun's proven itself in the accuracy stakes.

The guns don't look as hideous as they did in the initially released press material, and while the stock seems to have escaped the branding / chequering / stippling mashup of the H5 it's a shame that Steyr have seen fit to festoon the action with large, obvious lettering. I'm also suspicious of the chassis system employed around the barrel, since if this is anything like the LG range the barrel will be anchored (for absolutely no good reason) instead of being allowed to float as on the H5.

It's good to see that the "biathlon" type cocking lever has been retained and moved forward, although it's a shame that it only got as far as the rear of the pistol grip rather than above the trigger (as it is on the H5), since this appears to be the perfect place for it. Pity about the safety remaining on the rear of the action, but then that would have been a right pain to move.

Like many bullpups I think the longer version looks a bit odd; probably because of the amount of barrel / cylinder sticking incongruously out of the chassis while the carbine's bits end just proud of the chassis. IMO the shorter one will be the one to go for - IMO it's better / purer looking of the two even if it looks a bit unbalanced with that massive scope on top; I reckon it'd look a lot better with a little Simmons 1.5-5x20 or a red dot on top.. I guess the price you'll pay for a small scope on such a short gun is a large amount of arse-heaviness; which is never good.

The carbine shouldn't suffer ballistically from losing 130mm of barrel if the H5 is anything to go by, although it'll obviously give fewer shots from the shorter cylinder. This variant really is taking things to extremes with its stubby proportions and tbh I'd want a mod on the front to lessen the chances of reaching in front of the muzzle. That said looking at the relationship between the cylinder and barrel, I think by the time the (really mandatory) QF cylinder is fitted it'll sit in front of the muzzle and leave little room to hang much off the front; although there is a "sound absorbing barrel sleeve" touted - which I think is a first for Steyr!

I wonder if the genesis of the 10-shot mag system means that there will soon be a "Hunting 10" released, or whether this latest assembly could be retro-fitted to the H5?

Since this rifle is looking more viable and offers more competition in the increasingly populated bullpup market, i wonder what argument the "British" establishment will come up with this time to attack it - I reckon it'll cop some flak for the exposed / accessible striker spring preload adjustor on the back for a start..

While I stand by all the usual criticisms of bullpups I think these could be fantastic for a bit of rapid-fire steel plate shooting and tbh now these new pics have been released the idea is really quite growing on me; not that it matters since I'm skint and one will doubtless cost about six times what my car is worth :confused:

I'll be very interested to see some figures although tbh I'm going to throw my hat into the ring at £3k. The H5A is already about £2200; on top of that you have the additional chassis system, cheekpiece, picatinny rail and more complex mag system (along with it's higher capacity which is another selling point).

Thanks again for the info!

8. cloverleaf

Found a video - looks like some trigger-happy Frenchies have been luck enough to get their mitts on one (afficianados of better-than-terrible trigger control look away now :eek:):

Looks like the loading is in a "trapdoor" type arrangement through the top of the action, probably ruling out this mechanism making it onto a "proper" (non-bullpup) rifle :(

I was hoping there would be a shot of another mag going in but the chap instead seemed more intent on tipping a load of loose pellets into the gun..

Interesting to see one from a few more angles though; seeing it in use shows, just like every other bullpup, how deceptively large they are.

Also, a few more points of note - see that the scope rail has been jacked up on some risers (presumably to allow correct eye alignment) while this example also appears to be fitted with the optional mod too :)

littleJon365 and foxtrott like this.
  9. evenbad

evenbad Busy Member

The GTA [Gun traders association] must be shaking in their boots at another self loading air rifle from Steyr !! shame us Brits cant come up with new innovation instead of try to ban competition in this outdated law driven country of ours

katluke, cloverleaf and Gunfun like this.
  10. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Very Active

You mean "self-indexing" in fact as the magazine has now changed to rotary it may remove it from requiring any other form of classification altogether.

evenbad likes this.
  11. Jay Butts

Jay Butts Quick, put it back before anybody notices!

Ooooh, now I’m not into BPs but that’s sweet!

Looks like another on the list.... Yummy!!!!

12. evenbad

evenbad Busy Member

Yep self indexing is the in word

13. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Very Active

I'm glad, perhaps because we coined it!

evenbad likes this.
  14. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

Looking good.

15. Thiel

Thiel Donator

16. cloverleaf

littleJon365 likes this.
  17. littleJon365

littleJon365 Democracy unless they disagree

18. the-countryway

After speaking to a few people i'll amend my estimation slightly. It may be more around £2500. I believe it will be closer to that figure then 3k.

littleJon365 and cloverleaf like this.
  19. mulletman6

mulletman6 Keyboard Hero

Good god ... I’ve never seen a semi auto air rifle being used before and now I want one :eek:

John1945 likes this.
  20. audi swift

audi swift Man up & pull the bloody trigger.... HFT 101.

Live in Stoke On Trent. But i visit Bromsgrove.
    Me like that, but not the price :(.