1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

New Shooting Range - How Big And How Much££

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by mx5er, Jun 29, 2020.

1. mx5er

mx5er Posting Addict

Hope everyone has had a good day.

question for you lot..... Someone is possibly going to add an air rifle range to his land and his existing business. I know a lot of ranges are 100yards, but he is going to struggle to fit that in.

Would you come and visit a smaller range... say 70yards?? also what would you pay for the following:

1) shooting range with the usual open fronted shed with rigid benches and seats. potentially 12 shooting stations undercover. Access to a portaloo and a kettle. Nice remote area, picnic tables etc.

2) same as above but with more facilities such as: proper loo, a wooden mini cafe with electric, running water, hot drinks and microwave etc.

he's planning on two pricing structures. 3hr and all day - 9.30am-5pm

I really would welcome any feedback, opinions etc as he is meeting with the finance and planning people next week.

Oh, and easy access to A1 and not far from A19

2. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Very Active

I would attend pending where in north east are we talking, and what the bill is. Last time I went to Steve smiths, he said he was charging 5er all day.

mx5er likes this.
  3. mx5er

mx5er Posting Addict

thanks for that mate :thumb:

whereabouts is Steve smiths?

4. Jack's Da

Jack's Da Its all about the macho cal

I'm going to click the "watch thread" button for the first time :D

5. Fusty Fieldcrafter

Fusty Fieldcrafter Posting Addict

Wrong side of the A1 for me. :(
    I've got plenty of places to plink so anything like this would only work if it had a social aspect to it like a club. Nothing round my way.

mx5er likes this.
  6. Jack's Da

Where abouts will this be? Feel free to PM me if you dont want to post the location on the forum yet.

mx5er likes this.
  7. Drake267

Drake267 Pro Poster

Yep, I think he would get a lot of support if sensibly priced. The last club I was in was at Darlington, covered shooting area, 50 and 100 yd’s and that was about it. But only £100 a year. Nothing else to pay. Steve Smiths is a decent place. If this new one was set up properly and priced right I could see it doing well.

mx5er likes this.
  8. pjgtech

pjgtech Top Poster

Our range is just under 50m, open air, open shooting positions, only room for nine shooters, open sat and sun 10am to 3pm, has portaloos and burger van, used to be £10 to shoot all day.
    Since lockdown only 3 shooters and its £5/hr max 2 hrs.

mx5er likes this.
  9. berbers

berbers Busy Member

70 yards is plenty for sub 12. Proper toilets and somwhere decent to sit with a brew would help for regular customers.

If the range and facilities are well kept, £10 a day is easily achievable

Pete2, Howlin Wolf and mx5er like this.
  10. milek

milek Honorary Member

He should be looking at similar set-ups on the net. Furnace Mill charge around £7 a day for a covered plinking range, HFT course and with all the facilities you would need. Greyhound offer similar for a fiver a day. Millride I think around the same.

Jukebox, Howlin Wolf and mx5er like this.
  11. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Very Active

Dinnington near Newcastle Airport.

mx5er likes this.
  12. mx5er

mx5er Posting Addict

Thanks lads :thumb: i am really appreciating all this feedback! The only reason i daren't say the exact location yet is he is paranoid about b*ggering up his planning permission etc. All i can say is that it would be North Yorkshire

13. mx5er

mx5er Posting Addict

That's something else he is looking at - a HFT range... possibly... if the interest is there??

14. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Very Active

Ahh bit far for me. :(

15. mx5er

mx5er Posting Addict

south shields yeah :(

16. Jack's Da

Bear in mind that there's already Thimbleby shooting range just off the A19 near Northallerton

Steved and mx5er like this.
  17. Ramsay

Ramsay .... gone Plinking

Have you seen @Lev Levvin post about his sisters new range... It looks pretty good, and I liked the idea of monthly subscriptions... and an air supply will probably draw people in. Good luck..
    I've been pondering the thought of a range, here in Denmark..
    We had a meeting last weekend some guys n girls from the Danish Forum...some folks had a 2-3 hour drive just to get here..
    range DK.jpg

18. scooby1

scooby1 Big Poster

What are the prices going to be , this is what I will need to know ?

mx5er likes this.
  19. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark NOW PERMANENTLY BORED!

Personally I think £20 is very fair for a days entertainment! where else would you get value like that?

A club with memberships paid yearly or monthly attracts other rules and issues not worth it IMO.

20. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark NOW PERMANENTLY BORED!

Isn't that the point of the thread? the OP is asking potential customers that!

Steved, Lordy 74 and mx5er like this.