1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

New rifle.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by camoman, Nov 15, 2015.

1. camoman

camoman Engaging Member

I kinda dropped out of airgun shooting. Had a heart problem (TIA) in 2010 and it's left me a little weaker than I once was. Nothing huge, just annoying really. But I never picked up my HW97 for ages. When I did I found it heavy. So I sold it about a month ago. Thought that was it really, end of shooting for me. Didn't take long untill I got fed up having nothing :(. Did some reaserch and found out a AA S400 weighed a lot less than my 97. So I bought one :). Omg what a revalation that was, light, easy to handle and so accurate, so accurate. I love it. It's great to be back and a part of airgun things again.

Here's my rifle and a target I shot 6-7 shots at today, 25yds in a howling wind...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So pleased to have discovered AA 400 :D.

2. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

Great choice of rifle mate. What cal did you opt for ?

3. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    great choice of rifle, and great shooting mate.
    hope the ticker stays good as well

4. camoman

camoman Engaging Member

177 as I'll join a club now. Not got the energy to walk the miles I used to. However, there are some rats that need my attention in some stables not to far away. They can expect a visit.

5. M5AFX

M5AFX Donator

nice rifle hope you enjoy it and welcome back :up:

6. camoman

camoman Engaging Member

Thanks for the comments gents, appreciated. It's running at 11.05 on my chrono, 769fps. Wondered if there's any point in trying to squeeze a little more from it? It's pre anti tamper so prob could but it seems to be happy. I was suprised to see after it's first fill 190 bar power dropped to 10.8. Got it down to 160 ish now and it goes back up! All seems a bit odd to me but I know nowt anyway.

7. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    fill to 170 bar, reading from the bottles gauge, set the power with a bisley magnum to 11.6ftlb (or another heavyweight), and refill at about 100 bar.
    bear in mind that 5ftlb will kill a rabbit if placed right, and at your power, you'll be well in at 35 yards (probably be over 8 ftlb with a medium weight pellet).
    download this and have a play http://www.hawkeoptics.co.uk/chairgun.html
    remember, precision is more important than power - you owe it to the prey to effect a clean fast kill

8. Akita177

Akita177 Sharpen the pikes

I would leave it sounds good to me, what pellet where you using?
    Gongrats on the rifle i like the S400 youve got a nice stock there aswell.

9. camoman

camoman Engaging Member

I'm using AA diablo field, 4.52. Is that an ok choice?

10. camoman

camoman Engaging Member

Thanks Steve-downloaded.

11. Ouch!

Ouch! Donator

Go for it!
    Welcome back

12. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

This - over-filling will lower the power as the reservoir pressure will overcome (partially at least) the pressure exerted on the valve bu the striker until such time as the pressure behind the valve falls sufficiently.

Me too; any hotter and you'll be dangerously close to the limit. Remember, accuracy beats power every time.

Yes; good pellets there.

13. camoman

camoman Engaging Member

Thanks. It's a breath of fresh air talking to you guys. Thanks for your help.

C.

14. richardscar

richardscar Donator

Nice to hear you are able to get back to what you enjoy Camoman , after a worrying incident no doubt .
    Long may it continue !
    atb, Rich.

15. bhodge

bhodge Posting Addict

Hi buddy, sounds like you're making all the right choices and doing all the right things. Welcome back to the world of air rifles...

16. camoman

camoman Engaging Member

Thanks chaps, it's bloody great to be back and hitting the target again. Can't believe how sweet AA 400 is. Also can't believe how with the tinyest touch that pellet will follow the last one. Man that is some rifle. Thanks for all you have said-I'm home again.

Best

C.

17. Tripleteer

Tripleteer Donator

Good rifle choice and good shooting, Hope the ticker problem eases for you now!!

18. themadspread

themadspread Donator

they are a well under estimated gun for the money

19. Dr B

Dr B Grizzly Airgunner

Great gun my friend. :up:. Love AAs. Pellets good as well.

Have you had it fettled? Well worth it - even if new. I'm about to get one of mine back having had a 'Cloverleaf special' carried out on it. Cant wait to get out into the field with it. I've been told I have a mean shot-by-shot variation of 3fps through the sweet spot and a maximum difference of 8fps over 55-60 shots. That's an excellent level of consistency and one you can expect from a fettled AA (so I'm told ..:rolleyes:..). Shooting these guns, when they are singing as they should, is a joyful experience.

20. camoman

camoman Engaging Member

Thanks for your comments Dr B. No it's not been fettled to my knowledge. Last owner replaced all the seals recently but thats about all. Where did you send yours and what did you have done? Any links to fettelers? I'm interested in anything that makes a good thing even better.