1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

New rifle

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Gunnie, May 10, 2015.

1. Gunnie

Gunnie Engaging Member

Went for some pellets yesterday, 2 tins of my favourites please mister. Oh yes, whilst I’m here can I look at that TX200 everyone raves about please. Real nice, me thought, but maybe just the pellets for today. It was a painful drive home due to 2 road closures, en route, nasty road works, gave me to much time to think about the gun. Went back hours later for a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] look, Big mistake, I needed some company on the way home, nasty road works ‘n’ all that…….
    So end result is a nice new TX200 for the expanding collection, what’s it like?
    Well I was expecting a “Ronseal moment” to be honest, didn’t get one though.
    Issues so far are this, upon cocking it just over half way through the movement it starts to feel rough as I complete the cycle.
    Mmmmmm, maybe it’ll wear in, who knows. Put about 100 pellets through it so far, is it accurate? Oh yes, is it…..
    Cocking lever has jammed 3 times in the fully cocked position, could be me doing something wrong, who knows.
    And finally the worst thing of all is “the trigger” works like a dream absolutely love it, but don’t look at it, hideous thing it is. Whatever were they thinking when they manufactured this . only knows. On a top end springer I would expect something better looking than this monstrosity. So that’s my 1[SUP]st[/SUP] impression of a highly regarded rifle, top end? nearly. Out of the box best you can get, nearly.
    Am I happy with it? Errrr, suppose so. Just expected a ronseal moment, didn’t get it.

2. themadspread

themadspread Donator

that dosnt sound right to me take it back to rfd and explain whats happening

3. Tripleteer

Tripleteer Donator

It should not be jamming up like that at all, Take it back and get them to give it a good service!!!

4. laserman

laserman Well-Known Member

Yeah man that sucks. Take it back quick snap.

5. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

Has to go back mate, my TX was as smooth as silk, the TX is a great rifle wish I'd kept it.

6. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

​Buy a nice Hatsan instead!

7. Hoodster

Hoodster Engaging Member

When it jams in what you think is the fully cocked position it's probably because you haven't pulled the cocking leaver back hard enough, so many new tx owners have this very issue.

8. Gunnie

Gunnie Engaging Member

lol, bet it's got a better trigger......

9. Gunnie

Gunnie Engaging Member

As I said "Cocking lever has jammed 3 times in the fully cocked position, could be me doing something wrong" will watch for that, thanks

10. secretagentmole

Don't be so sure, the Quattro is very very good!

11. Gunnie

Gunnie Engaging Member

As mentioned in my opening post,
    "And finally the worst thing of all is “the trigger” works like a dream absolutely love it, but don’t look at it, hideous thing it is."
    IMHO, it certainly doesn't warrant being fitted to a top end springer. Visually that is, function is fine. I look at the rest of the TX & it's a visual feast, let down by the trigger finish.
    "To all" please don't think I'm unhappy with this TX200, I'm not. I guess I was expecting more from what I'd read that's all. I will be addressing any issues 1 at a time & work my way through them until resolved.
    Regarding the finish of the trigger, maybe I could polish it to a nice finish? instead of the "Iv'e just fell out of the cast" look it has.

12. hpl

hpl Member

Think that's not jamming: cock it till the end and then give it an extra pull, should do it and is perfectly normal.
    Install a Rowan Engineering trigger and you won't go back. Ever.

As for the rough spot in cocking: that's not good.
    Take it back to the shop and ask for a new one.
    You bought it new so it should be immaculate.

13. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

Not often we read a lack lustre review of an AA gun on here! Thinking about it though .... virtually all the reviews of AA guns written on here would or could lull the unwary into thinking these things are pure perfection, especially compared go products from DS, BSA, WEIHRAUCH ect. I would go as far as to say, they have a cult following by most members on this forum ..... maybe I need to get one to see what all the fuss is about ;)

I have not handled many AA guns let alone shot one, I think the only one is an S200 when comparing it to an ULTRA SE and I found it not great to the eye but apart from that it felt ok, just ok.

The cocking action does seem a little strange to have a rough feeling to it and on that basis I would send it back.

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that an AA gun is not perfect?

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  14. secretagentmole

No it is not, they seem to have patches where there are problems (the Prosport cocking lever snapping being one widespread problem I recall). But to be fair AA are usually on top of things fairly quickly.

15. hpl

hpl Member

Of course AA has got its lemons, all brands have it in one form or another.
    I've seen several AA rifles with "faults" over the years.
    Stocks that didnt fit well, compession tubes not being straight, gritty triggers...

My current HC had a bad stock/action alignment due to the Stock bracket, i reversed the bracket and that solved the problem.
    It also eats seals like cookie monster.
    My PS had the cocking-arm come loose, locktite cured that prob.
    Some guns didnt shoot wel out of the box, bit rough.

Then again, HW's (ful power, Holland...), are always rough out of te box: ALWAYS twanging like hell, bad alignment is common, bad blueing, burrs inside, rust inside (weld seams), lacquer peeling of stocks (especially the 98) bend barrels... seen and had it all.

When you look at the quality of the blueing, the stock/woodwork, the finishing and the design (internal and external), all in all you will find the AA to be miles ahead of its concurents.
    (though its a pitty AA made mk3's cocking-stroke a bit long to achief USA power levels..., i that regard the 97 is better)

When i purchase a rifle a always ask my shop to have at least 3 of that model in stock so i can look and shoot them all.
    The one shooting most smooth and with best velocity (good compression) i will pick.
    Than i choose the nicest stock of the 3 and they swap it for me.
    I know: i'm a "sensitive" customer...but they know im a good customer. ;)

But even then a problem may occur, part of airgunning i guess.
    (and to me tinkering is part of the fun).

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  16. Gunnie

Gunnie Engaging Member

Ok, the latest.
    Spoke to the RFD who told me to take it back for them to inspect. As a result they've exchanged it for another, easier to cock & nowhere near as harsh as the other one. Still not perfect, but a mountain of difference.
    Many thanks for all the sound advice, a lot happier now.
    Just that . awful looking trigger to address.....:D :D

17. hpl

hpl Member

18. Gunnie

Gunnie Engaging Member

19. hpl

hpl Member

Hi Gunnie,

As I stated before: try it... and you won't go back. Ever.

I have the adjustable trigger in anodised black.
    Feels on par with REAL springer match triggers like FWB, maybe even slightly better.
    The stage screws are rounded instead of having a point, big improvement.

The adjustable one is the one to get: you can alter everything. ;)

Cheers

20. richardscar

richardscar Donator

My recently purchased tx came with one already fitted so I can't directly compare it to standard, but it works a treat and is very nice to use. hth Not as accurate at the moment as my recently sold LGU though !