1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

New Rifle Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by robs5230, Jan 23, 2020.

1. robs5230

robs5230 леший

I've gone right out on a limb with this one.
    Not in the respect of the one I've purchased not being a nice example of the type, more in that I'm not actually sure how I'll get on with it. And I'm not fully going to be able to ascertain that until I've used it (as with anyone buying any new rifle).

I've purchased a Steyr LG110 from a member on here @Drake267 and hopefully it will be coming to me tomorrow on RFD transfer.
    It's a model I've fancied for a long time.

I owned a H5 scout (manual cocking) which I loved, but I didn't like the mags. 5 shots are sort of neither here nor there in my opinion, and I prefer a single shot rifle for my uses. I'd also experienced an issue on one mag (possibly 2) where a shot from a paricular chamber on those mags would be consistently inaccurate. The shots from those chambers were also audibly different to the rest.
    Though almost perfect in every other way, I just couldn't live with the mags and found the single shot mag a bit daft. A big sliding bar with one aperture.

Anyway, at the time I remember saying I wish they'd do a single shot version of the H5 (sort of a H1 :) ) but why would they when the have the LG range.
    The LG has been on my Horizon since as a model I just needed to own and try.

So back to the LG.
    A little bit out there with the looks, but my experience with the H5 has me hoping the ergonomics will be better than they appear.
    The length - longer than I'd really like but it does have the 450mm barrel so will only end up at the length of the H5 scout so I think I'll manage that.
    The weight - not as light as I'd prefer, but again, hoping like the H5, the weight will be lost when mounted.
    The chassis / foregrip - It's metal. It's fitted with a hamster, but I'm hoping I can get away without using that. It will shed some weight and slim the look down. That leaves the cold metal forend. I may need a glove but hoping not. I've become quite used to the exposed metal forend on the Leshiy and also the positioning of that in relation to the barrel so maybe that will be ok too.
    The grip size? - Who knows till I handle it.

The positive expectations ?
    The trigger- If this is anywhere near that of the H5 I'll be happy
    Accuracy - Hoping its a given and I have some of my normal pellets here waiting to try.
    The use I'll put it to - Hoping this will make a field rifle for basically anything other than night shooting for rats, so a daytime hunter. With the added bonus that if my shooting changes with age and I have to resort to club shooting, it will do that nicely.

The leshiy has already immeasurably changed how I view rifles. I'm hoping this LG will do the same and it will end up with me owning it long term.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

2. Wofty

Wofty 'This is the way'

Give ya 3 to 6 months..................:D

Jimmypie likes this.
  3. sagalout

sagalout What a plinker!

Corrected that for you :laff:

Seriously hope you enjoy it Rob. PS If that belitta comes available let me know and I'll get Mick to collect it and give you the cash back.

Wofty and Jimmypie like this.
  4. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Very nice Rob, bet you can't wait to get using it and look forward to your thoughts on it :thumb:

Jimmypie likes this.
  5. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Keyboard Hero

Dibs :p

robs5230 likes this.
  6. garyjm

garyjm Busy Member

I look forward to you use and thoughts on the LG110 Rob. :thumb:

When I saw it for sale, I wanted it, "snoozed and lost".
    So now I know who the lucky buyer was. Well done.:thumb:

7. robs5230

robs5230 леший

Hi Simon.
    The LG has been at the top of my bucket list for years.
    I really hope it works out as there are no more on the list. The LG is it :(

8. robs5230

robs5230 леший

If it ain't going to work for me, I'll know in 3-6 hours.

If it doesn't work out, I'm shafted. There's actually nothing left that I want to try.
    I'll end up sticking with the Leshiy and BSA's.
    The new stuff coming onto the market just isn't doing it for me. I'd thought about one of the new FX dreamine lite compacts, but supply is still a bit uncertain, and one unfavourable comment actually canned it for me anyway.

I don't have a need for more than a couple of rifles Wofty, but I've pretty much gone through the lot trying to find the best for me.
    I just hope this LG is one of them.

Jimmypie likes this.
  9. Wofty

Wofty 'This is the way'

Fingers crossed!

robs5230 likes this.
  10. Rm29

Rm29 Currently obsessed with silencers

I would also like to try one of these.. Good luck..

:thumb::D

robs5230 likes this.
  11. Drake267

Drake267 Very Active

You need to try a vulcan 2 Rob. I seriously love mine. Not pellet fussy at all, accurate with most, really good build quality. Though I know you wouldn't like the tactic version, the full on pup would maybe be worth a try for you. Hope you enjoy the steyr. It really is a cracking rifle, though knowing what your favourite guns are it will balance differently. And you'll need the hamster on those cold days!

12. wsnaith

wsnaith Donator

Hi Rob
    Love mine and mine loves JSB Heavies 4.51 so might be worth a try:up:

13. robs5230

robs5230 леший

Hi Warren
    I'm hoping it shoots express, though my H5 shot superbly with the 10.34 (and nothing else).

wsnaith likes this.
  14. robs5230

robs5230 леший

:D
    Don't start mentioning other rifles now.
    You know I can't help myself :facepalm:

15. RobertH

RobertH Engaging Member

Not interested in my HW77K Venom Lazaglide anymore then! Rob

16. Drake267

Drake267 Very Active

I know mate, bad as each other, though I can see this vulcan staying. Its really good.

robs5230 likes this.
  17. robs5230

robs5230 леший

Ahh now I know who you are ;)
    You never mentioned you were selling

18. Jack's Da

Jack's Da Donator

:rofl:
    It will go the same route as all the others!

*by the way @robs5230 I had a quick look at Bretts Steyr in the few minutes he actually hung onto it for and it was very nice :up:

Drake267 and robs5230 like this.
  19. Drake267

Drake267 Very Active

No, the vulcans a keeper!

20. RobertH

RobertH Engaging Member

Well after buying my Steyr I need some cabinet space & to replace the cash. But I'll probably sell my HW110 first.

robs5230 likes this.