1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

New Remmy Rifles

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by foxtrott, Jan 11, 2020.

1. foxtrott

foxtrott Very Active

Hi just had a look at these new rifles on the smk site under coming soon there's some other models aswell they look interesting but seem expensive if there a Chinese rifle.
    _20200111_073026.JPG _20200111_072953.JPG

Vic Vinegar and dancza like this.
  2. robs5230

robs5230 леший

Not a brand that I'd be associating with rifles costing North of a grand.

At that money they're coming in way above the likes of the 100, 510, R10, Regal.
    A bit ambitious methinks

talent, Gat Man, The Robin and 4 others like this.
  3. foxtrott

foxtrott Very Active

I agree they do have walther barrels but that doesn't mean anything if the action isn't up to much.
    Also on the other models it says average pcp range is 70 yards i don't think this should be on the ad along with it says small pest control you don't want any novice taking pot shots at anything near that range at vermin etc

4. robs5230

robs5230 леший

Yeah I saw that 70 yard quote, along with the recommendation that it could be used one handed. That must be advertising for the Yanks. Poor show if SMK have it on their website.

I'd doubt they'd kill at 70 yards anyway. You wouldn't be able to throw one that far :D

foxtrott likes this.
  5. Phil S410F

Phil S410F Busy Member

Some interesting specs in those lists.

What is "CNC Metal" I always thought CNC was a process for machining
    And a PCP with "Bear Trap" surely that relates to springers or traps which have been outlawed for decades if not centuries.

Would agree that a lot of the wording looks like it is aimed at the States.

6. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

£1300 - PMSL:laff:

7. Two200's

Two200's Busy Member

Is the Dominance Model a S&MK?

2506sendero, dancza and robs5230 like this.
  8. foxtrott

foxtrott Very Active

£13.00 that's more like it

9. robs5230

robs5230 леший

:roflmao:

10. Two200's

Two200's Busy Member

Interesting to see what they actually retail at.

foxtrott likes this.
  11. foxtrott

foxtrott Very Active

Shame about the price some models look quite handy

Jukebox likes this.
  12. Two200's

Two200's Busy Member

My Crystal Balls show me that;

They will be cheaper than the RRP
    Parts won't be available to the consumer, just RFDs.
    The Bores will be protected with Araldite for shipping.
    The Probe will be too short.
    The Transfer port will be machined with an office desk hole punch.
    They will have a regulator - course they will innit.
    The silencer thread pitch will be an ancient Sanskrit dimension.
    They will have a variety of transfer ports in the box.
    The hard case they come in, will be more fitted than Linda Lussardis jeans and will not allow a sighting system of any kind to be fitted.
    TR Robb will already have a Tuning Kit and DVD made for them.
    Lots of people will claim they are every bit as good as any other gun and will blame brand snobs for their lack of popularity.
    Within a week of release, a second hand one will appear for sale, which has been painted black by someone.
    SMK's gunsmith thought that the guy on the phone said that the repair training course was in Leamington.
    Someone in a magazine will strip one, practically remanufacture it, spend 60 hours on it in a fully equipped workshop, spend about £600 quid in bits and then state that they really are better than we think.
    Custom stock don't have any plans to reprogram the CNC Sanders.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  13. foxtrott

foxtrott Very Active

:laff::claping::claping::claping:

14. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 & 2019 Forum Nice Guy

How much!!:confused:

Big Dan will have his work cut out with those :p

foxtrott and dancza like this.
  15. 2506sendero

2506sendero Legend in his own mind & living on the edge.

More expensive than an uber reliable Leshiy and the impeccably made AGT Vulcan range - er, no thanks :down:

The Robin and foxtrott like this.
  16. dancza

dancza Donator

The pricing compared to what we're used to with the Remington rifles is slightly surprising to say the least.

What information I've gathered so far does indicate that they're taking these somewhat seriously, as mentioned before they're all assembled in Germany which is also where they're QC tested and with the Element that isn't a carbon fibre wrap but actual carbon fibre. The one that'll be of interest to most will probably actually be the Challenger bullpup, it'll be more sensibly priced when it hits shelves and I personally quite like the look of the thing.

Other than that I can't say much until we actually get them. I'm looking forward to that day though as it'd be fantastic if a relative underdog could actually take the fight to the big brands.

talent, TR158, foxtrott and 2 others like this.
  17. Two200's

Two200's Busy Member

New blood is great for the scene.
    Should we class Remington as an underdog though?
    Or, should we assume that they are already on a perceived back foot due to their bloodline?

dancza likes this.
  18. gunsnlandies

gunsnlandies Busy Member

I believe the Dominance range is made in Germany. The Airacobra is the Chinese made one.
    As for pricing, the US market will no doubt have a far lower pricing that will compete with Euro/UK imports. Even discounted over here, I can't see them selling many when you look at the competition they'll be up against.

dancza likes this.
  19. The Ecologist

The Ecologist Engaging Member

There is a range of them and one (HP Varmint) is priced at £899.99 on SMK. It's advertised at £695.00 on Solware.

20. dancza

dancza Donator

They have a good barrel and the tactic is nice but I'm actually hoping that the Remmy Standard will be built quite a bit better than the Vulcan otherwise they'll deserve all the slating they get.

The Uragan is the rifle that the Vulcan should've been in my opinion with a far better overall finish. We had Vulcan's that came to us doing 8ft-lbs and with the insides of the stocks looking like a beaver had chewed them out. The Tactic's felt a bit better in the shoulder but the bullpup models felt no more special than a P15 and the mags always felt pretty cheap to me as well. Not to mention the fact that the Artemis regulators spanked the Vulcan when it came to consistency which definitely shouldn't be happening on a £1300 rifle!!!!

The Uragan is a fantastic rifle, the Vulcan to me at least was very hit or miss.