1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

New Red Wolf Is Just Stunningly Accurate!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by jesim1, Apr 27, 2019.

1. jesim1

jesim1 Big Poster

These guns are just awesome, there is no other gun I've ever experienced which has been as good straight out of the box, and I've had guns more expensive than this from Europe before the doubters chip in about price.:eek:

I bought my Serrie Rosso last year and it was just brilliant, but my wife liked it also, so I basically never got to shoot it:oops:, but I did get to live in my own house, so fairs fair.:D

So a few weeks ago I bought a new Red Wolf with the intention of doing a bit of bench rest this year and seeing which one I would use for it. As both guns are technically the same other than cosmetics I had high hopes for it, but you know what it's like, no two guns are ever the same, so I was quietly sceptical the RW would perform as the SR had.

I firstly had a few hundred shots though it up against the SR on the outdoor range and could not tell them apart performance wise - so far so good:thumb: I then got a bit more technical and serious on the indoor range to sort "the men from the boys" and was well pleased with the results. By this time the gun has had over 500 pellets through it, so should be well run in, I knew the best three pellets to use, AAFD, Sovereigns and JSB 4.52 exacts from brief testing and what the SR likes also, so I weighed a load of all of these to make it as fair a comparison as I could, I then done the test on the same day, same pressure, same range and conditions to eliminate as many variables as possible - other than me obviously:oops:

The targets below are at 30m indoors rested and the top row 1-10 is for zeroing. The 30 shots for each of the pellets tested are then below, so just over 100 shots in each total target from each gun. The centre I was aiming for is only about 8mm across, so a perfect bull only has around a 1mm error zone, and anything touching the bull "circle" is a maximum 10mm CTC spread.

I may not be the best shot, and many of the guns I've had can do one hole groups all day long, but when looking at the individual results for me I was quite pleased with both of these guns from a starting point for bench rest this year. I think I'm going to use the SR with the JSB pellets as it "may" have an edge? But the wife only shoots spinners, so with accuracy like this it's irrelevant to her which gun she uses once it's set up for her, although she is now also nicking one of my Big Nikko's:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dancza, NGNG, Gunfun and 19 others like this.
  2. Howlin Wolf

Howlin Wolf Engaging Member

Top shooting buddy!
    Definitely have sort out meeting up! :D

3. Vangard

Vangard Busy Member

Nice shooting mate both are very good guns. Must say though the SR has a very beautiful stock, if it goes on looks I would have that one. :thumb:

4. Sign-man

Sign-man Engaging Member

James my RW does this at 30 yds outside.
    10 pellet's.

They are an amazing air rifle.

I've seen 'heard' yours in action, shooting through a 15mm hole to ding that bell shot after shot.
    50yds - impressive stuff mate !

RW 30.JPG

Attached Files:

The Robin, talent and jesim1 like this.
  5. Jay Butts

Jay Butts Quick, put it back before anybody notices!

Great shooting James. Awesome guns too, I’m equally impressed with mine. Just epic straight out of the box!

6. hughlle

hughlle Very Active

Great shooting, and a great gun (not that I personally like electronics, but it's not my gun :) )

As an aside, do you know where I can get that target template for printing off at home?

7. Husky-loves-to-run

Husky-loves-to-run Busy Member

Damn you and your gorgeous tools of the trade ( ;) green eyed monster making an appearance there!). Nice shooting though mate. I think you’re onto a winner whichever you choose to run with there bud.

8. Josh K

Josh K Not enough range time....

I've got to say they really are stunning rifles. :up:

Husky-loves-to-run likes this.
  9. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

Very nice indeed

10. Petay

Petay Donator

Good shooting. I find mine prefers JSB 4.53

Sub 5p groups at 50 yards from the bench on an indoor range are pretty easy and if I've really got my game face on I can put 5 through the same hole. 30 yards is almost boring now.

I'm going to get my backside into gear and get it to a HFT shoot soon and see how it handles as it's a senior target stock so just needs the Rowan hamster.

I'd really like to see Daystate put a Pulsar cylinder on the RW action and drop it into a dedicated target stock much like the did with the MK4 panther. I'm really unsure why they bothered partnering up with Ataman to make the Tsar as all they had the basis of a cracking FT / HFT action in the Pulsar / RW action and could of just developed a stock with Minellei.

11. Husky-loves-to-run

Husky-loves-to-run Busy Member

I’ll stay in the cheap seats with my S400..... :oops::p

12. MartinJGUK

MartinJGUK Posting Addict

When I go FAC a Redwolf Safari is going to be difficult to resist. I’ve only heard good things about the Redwolf and I’ve seen what they can do. Very impressed

13. jesim1

jesim1 Big Poster

14. jesim1

jesim1 Big Poster

Thanks for all the comments guys, it's mostly the gun TBH, not the shooter behind it, and I'm really pleased with it's performance. I'm a half decent shot, and as Sign Man says, I've been on an open outdoor range with him ringing a bell through a hole for entire mags (they are only 10mm holes by the way! :eek::D).

My point is it may be an expensive gun, but a lot of shooters spend a lot of money tuning, modding, and fettling their guns in general to get this kind of accuracy which I got out the box. With a bit more practice I'm hoping to get a bit better with the targets. Time and patience will be the key as so far I've not worried about getting down to the bench rest type of accuracy of a mm or two:rolleyes:.

If your on the border line with getting one - just buy it and worry about it later:p

Bagster66 and The Robin like this.
  15. Ace23

Ace23 Engaging Member

My daughter likes shooting the RW so much I let her have a go with the AA S510r and FX Crown but she just likes the ease of cocking the RW, so I bought a Rosso both use the JSB 4.52 for preference and both are as accurate as each other.
    James what scope you using there and would you use that scope for bench rest.

16. border

border Busy Member

Hi James, top gun looks stunning also very impressive groups .keep up the good shooting. Atb bob.

17. jesim1

jesim1 Big Poster

Sounds very similar to what happened with my wife, they are so easy to shoot she sold the Regal she had had for 4 years and started using my SR as the Regal was great, but after 200 shots it was tiering on her shoulder cocking it.

The SR is pictured with a Hawke 8-32x56 sidewinder on it as this is what she shoots with, I use a Big Nikko for target work, but since she has also tried them side by side I'm now swapping one of my other Big Nikko's onto her gun now also, so both will have 10-50x60 scopes on them and only be cosmetically different:thumb:

James

18. mulletman6

mulletman6 Keyboard Hero

Cracking gun James and fantastic shooting!

Still can’t warm to the red stock, but I’ll overlook it as they’re obviously very good guns.

Maybe I’ll get one and have a pink and black stock made :D :D

19. Bunny-on-Bunny

Bunny-on-Bunny Engaging Member

Nice shooting, nice guns too... spesh that Rosso.

20. Jay Butts

Jay Butts Quick, put it back before anybody notices!

My beauties! Just love them both. Supreme accuracy and sublime triggers on both!

B1058ACE-831E-4D7C-BEAA-1A304CBD4940.jpeg

30 shots at 25yds! Get innnn!

AA7DC8D7-80A0-48A4-A4B0-655E652DE701.jpeg

Now the RW with a 6-24x56mm

Lovely rig...

2C94C8EC-A9A5-49FC-AC7E-0AE4F50D0FA6.jpeg

NGNG, The Robin, jesim1 and 2 others like this.