1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

New r10

Discussion in 'Airgun Reviews' started by Macdoog, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Macdoog

Macdoog Posting Addict

Ordered a new r10 camo in .177 from Pellpax. Brilliant service from them, even tho I ordered it on Thursday they still got it out to me by the Sunday. I think its a fantastic idea for them to be able to deliver guns to your home. Anyway the gun is in a camo stock which feels slightly rubberised providing a really really safe grip. Like my early mk1 r10 the finish is acceptable, I wish theyd go back to blueing rather than paint. Usual brilliant 2 stage trigger which I didnt need to adjust it was superb right out of the box. The new magazine system is good for loading, no more holding the bolt back but I definitely do not like the new magazine itself. You have to keep the thing under tension to load a pellet and you risk damaging the skirt, a minor thing but I prefer the old style. I added some glass. another sidewinder 8/32x56 and the new BSA VC silencer looks the part, being made to match the extensive shroud.

Anyway, I managed to take it out for just an hour today and the light went before I could put more than 50 pellets though it. In this case the amazing JSB Exact heavies. I was expecting the barrel to be a bit fussy and took some different pellets along just in case. However, after just 40 shots the barrel seemed leaded in with around 3 or 4 flyers. I shot a 5 pellet group off a bean bag (no bipod yet) at about 30yds. Set in a proper bench rest it would be pellet on pellet. The VC silencer is very efficient, the noise of the hammer spring being quite loud!

I will play with it some more tomorrow and it looks like I will have to shim the rear scope mount. This gun is my brothers, AleeGee on the forums and I must say that it is as good as my John Bowkett fettled mk1. Anyone thinking of buying a mid range pcp wont go far wrong in getting the new r10!

20140929_183612 - Copy.jpg 2014-09-29 19.34.05_resized_2.jpg 20140928_221958_resized_2.jpg 20140928_222319_resized.jpg

2. Aleegee

Aleegee Member

DONT SCRATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats some quality grouping there mate.

(Cheers Bro, cant wait!)

3. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

I luv my R10 camo 177 vc....and I can shoot one hole groups at 40 yards no problems ..top rifles IMOIMO

4. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned BANNED

Very nice mate I like the r10

5. Macdoog

Macdoog Posting Addict

Great gun. Ive discovered why it was shooting very low and its a lesson to everyone to check the basics! It was shooting low...very low and Id run out of scope adjustment. I only had an hour yesterday but today I thought Id swop the scope mounts around before starting to shim only to discover that the arrestor pin was right out on the front mount...weird!! In my defence the mounts were already on the scope when I bought it but I should of checked. Anyway, out again this afternoon to really put it through its paces.......watch out coke can at 90 yds!

6. Macdoog

Macdoog Posting Addict

Well thats the zeroing sorted out....off a bean bag in a strong headwind.

7. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

Excellent choice - I've had mine since July and can't fault it.
    I agree the magazine does have to be held under tension which could damage the pellets if accidentally let go.
    I'm sure you (sorry, your brother is going to love it!) ..
    Have fun...
    cheers

8. Macdoog

Macdoog Posting Addict

I'll make do with my ancient mk1 Shoto! The new mags are strange. BSA have made it easier and less fiddly to load the mag into the gun but have ruined that by making it fiddly to load the mags. Other than than I cannot fault it, the only thing that lets it down is my failing eyesight.....

9. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

Lol - just started wearing reading glasses so know the feeling!
    I'm using Bisley Mags at 4.52mm, the barrel loves them. I've also got a new tin of JSB EXACT heavy, again at 4.52mm to use - I am expecting similar results.
    The barrel seems to like the wider pellet.
    I think I will stick to these for hunting and range work.

10. Macdoog

Macdoog Posting Addict

Started out using bismags in my gun, then swopped to AA Diablo and then finally to the JSBs...nice and heavy for a .177 pellet. The new gun just likes the JSB from the start which says a lot about both the gun and the pellets!

11. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

Yes, it likes them wide and heavy..
    tried H&N Barracuda Hunter Extreme @ 9.57 grain / 4.50mm - excellent crossed head hollow point for precision and distance BUT, at least one pellet will snag up in the magazine when engaging the bolt action.
    I put a tiny couple of drops of Napier Power pellet lube in all my tins now which which seems to help.
    H&N make excellent pellets (I think they make for Bisley??), anyway, maybe I should ask if they do a 4.52mm version of the above as it's knock down power is amazing.

12. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

Yes, it likes them wide and heavy..
    tried H&N Barracuda Hunter Extreme @ 9.57 grain / 4.50mm - excellent crossed head hollow point for precision and distance BUT, at least one pellet will snag up in the magazine when engaging the bolt action.
    I put a tiny couple of drops of Napier Power pellet lube in all my tins now which which seems to help.
    H&N make excellent pellets (I think they make for Bisley??), anyway, maybe I should ask if they do a 4.52mm version of the above as it's knock down power is amazing.

13. carper

carper Engaging Member

hi, funny i am looking at getting a gun after christmas and this is the gun i am looking at possibly getting so nice to read a good review on it

14. border

border Posting Addict

HI Gent,I Can't fault my 177 R10 bull barrol type, i cut the shroud down the barrol is allready threded and with a hogan silencer on very very quiet, pellet on pellet at 30 yards and has never had any bother at all bought new in may , what i cannot understand is why peopel slate them i still have a daystate air ranger in 22 cal, and to be honest this is a better gun more consistent and just as acurit, i use JSB EXACTS 177 ATB border.