1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice New Pcp

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by talent, Apr 13, 2014.

1. talent

talent Posting Addict

Been away from shooting for a few years ,decided to start up again . I went to the local gun shop to see what's available and thought an aa410 would be nice ..... (i had to sell mine 4 years ago due to a divorce) . What on earth has happened to aa ? The one I picked up to look at was just awful even the tx200 looked like a Chinese knockoff . Anyway I would like any pros/cons on a new brocock and a hatsan 44. They had several variations of the hatsan . Wood , plastic and a tactical . The finish on all of them looked far better than the aa . One thing to consider is I'm a lefty . Cheers aeron

2. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

Hi Aeron

AA are normally of decent quality, it may be worth looking at another shop? The new Daystate Regal is a lovely gun, but a few people, myself included, have had a couple of teething problems, which to be fair, Daystate sort out, but it's inconvenient. Second hand the Regal or the earlier version, the Huntsman is a good alternative to what your looking at, but a little more expensive - well you didn't think it was going to be better and cheaper? :D

James

3. Tripleteer

Tripleteer Donator

Hi Aeron. Welcome to THE forum, I am surprised by your dismay of the AA rifles as they may some stunning top quality rifles. I would try another RFD and see what they have to offer you, there are some great guns come up for sale on this forum on a regular basis, keep your eyes on the sales section, you won't pay RFD prices either, good luck with you search for one. atb Paul.

4. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

Go to a decent gun shop and shoulder or even shoot as many as you can mate

Once you've got a short list of the ones that fit you properly then go shoot these again a SE one time just to be sure. As was said above air arms are normally pretty spot on with their stuff

I'd a S410 in left hand version just like you and it was a fantastic gun

Don't jump straight in before you've had chance to try a few different guns mate even though the money will be burning a hole in your pocket

5. talent

talent Posting Addict

I've always liked aa in the past . The ones I picked up to look at had stunning woodwork but there was a lot of machine marks and the bluing looked very poor . Looks like their qc is slipping a tad .

6. Sparkyjon

Sparkyjon Engaging Member

I find that odd , as there hasn't been a lot of difference in the aa stable for years just fine tweaking. the tx200mk 3 is better than it's predecessor as is the f series in the 400s.

Are you sure these were brand new as the blueing on my s400f is stunning it's almost mirror like, the s200 isn't as nice But it my favourite air arms gun.

7. talent

talent Posting Addict

yea I'm quite sure . They looked like seconds to be honest .

8. Sparkyjon

Sparkyjon Engaging Member

Ah that could be the issue then. Bit of advice I've had a hatsan at44 and the first lot where nice guns, basically a webley raider, the new tactical stock one is awful , it's the stopped down stock with pistol grip ,the weight is thrown and it's top heavy. I took one in and returned it within the hour. But the mk1 and 2 full tactical stocks are nice.

9. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

While it does seem to be the case that QC is slipping across all manufacturers, it surprises me that they're as bad as you say - AA are usually at the better end of the scale for fit and finish IME. Personally I'd persevere with the brand - there's not a whole lot else around that will cater for your left-handedness as well as an Air Arms and the Daystates are over-priced and under-engineered IMO.

10. talent

talent Posting Addict

I'm fine with ambi stocks .... I quite like the look and feel of the brocock , cheap as it may be I don't know much about them and never used one ... Oh it's the concept 6 I like :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  11. Alex.B

Alex.B Keyboard Hero

Have a look at a ultra and and scorpion if you can , I'm a lefty and they work for me :)

12. mattyts

mattyts Donator

the AA S400 series are better made than both of the PCP's you asked us about

13. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

hello, i have a brocock super 6 shot in .177, and have in past had 2 AA S200s but in .22 and with mag fitted. many shooters like the S200 and i did but you need to set the mag system very well the S200 shot count is slightly higher, when it came to changing down to .177 it was no contest after researching the brockock came out better VFM, good mag system but only 6 shot, lighter than the S200, mine has an adjustable butt pad and webley QS silencer but matt 975 on here makes a better one, it took me a while to locate my brocock after customer service checked around for me but with a hawke scope 3 x 9 x 50 HD AO fitted set to 25 mtrs mag 8 and using a heavy pellet it shoots spot on and is my day time hunting rifle. mattyts is right about the AA S400 but think single shot, i do believe you can get a 10 shot mag system but not auto action, in single shot a great rifle for HFT comps

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  14. vitalich

vitalich Keyboard Hero

Being leftie it.s better to look for any of second hand daystates