1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

New owners Atherton Indoor Range

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Shewolf, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Shewolf

Shewolf Well-Known Member

Hello, I hope I'm posting in the right place. My partner and I have just bought Atherton Indoor Range and we're trying to get word out about the change in management and the other changes taking place.
    Atherton Indoor Range is a friendly indoor range in Atherton Greater Manchester. We now charge just £6 admission and you can shoot all day if you have the energy! Starting this week we are also open on Fridays from 12pm-9pm in addition to current opening times. Free air for guns fills is provided. We are currently refurbishing the range and we will have a fully stocked shop once this is complete. Hot food will be available once the kitchen area is complete. If anybody has any questions feel free to ask or check out our Facebook page!

2. ratharvester

ratharvester Donator

Just sounds what we want in the north east,do you fancy moving it lol.:) Good luck with your venture guys.

3. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

More details would be good....a website?? Opening times etcetc...

4. Shewolf

Thanks guys! We do have a website but it hasn't been updated with the new information (including contact no) yet as we only took over one week ago and the focus has been on making the necessary changes to the range. Opening times are;

Monday - Closed
    Tuesday - Closed
    Wednesday - 2pm - 9pm
    Thurdsay - 2pm - 9pm
    Friday - 12 - 9pm
    Saturday - 9am - 5pm
    Sunday - 9 am - 5pm.

We are going to be opening Monday and Tusday in the future, with one of the nights being a young guns night for younger shooters. We will also be doing some charity events where all proceeds will go to Help For Heroes.

5. spooks1982

spooks1982 Well-Known Member

Hey, glad I found this thread I tried getting contact with you guys via your website but as you have already said it's out of date! Most of the questions you've already answered but can you tell me the following:-

- How many yards is the range?
    - Are you strict with the opening times? I only ask because my local range seems to open a lot earlier than they state and I've often found myself in a less than desirable spot with dozens of people already setup despite getting there thirty minutes early.
    - How many lanes so you have?

Lastly is it still in the same place?

Thanks! I may well come down tomorrow! :)

6. spooks1982

The opening times question mainly applies to a weekend in the morning. Sunday was a nightmare at dukinfield gun club!

7. spooks1982

Oh, one last question. What about targets. Do you have paper ones at varying distances for rifle zeroing? :)

8. shr1mp

shr1mp Donator

Went for the first time today, had a cracking time. :up:
    Reckon i'll be back tomorrow.
    Good luck to you and Andy, hope it works out well for you.

9. Shewolf

Hi Spooks, the range is 42 yards, we do open at those times and stick to them to avoid dissapointment, it won't be open any earlier that 9 on weekends. We have enough lanes for 30 shooters. It is in the same place, the first floor of Victoria Mill in Atherton. We have many targets, including paper ones with varying distances for zeroing :)

We look forward to seeing you :)

10. Shewolf

Thank you so much shr1mp, that is great to hear! We look forward to having you again :)

11. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

Hi Shewolf

I have dropped in time to time and this is the first I have heard of the new management.

It's always good to see people making a go of things and I wish you every success in your new venture.

Maybe a night to help people gain experience or learn to shoot better could be advantageous? After all, I'm sure there are loads of people who have been shooting for "years", but not very well!

Regards

James

12. spooks1982

That sounds great... I'll be down tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for the swift response!

13. bassslayer

bassslayer Member

hi ,when you say change of management ,does that mean you got rid of that mick who spread lies & malcious stories about the rapid lads ? whom by the way was totally untrue ,

14. Gooner shooter

Gooner shooter Member

Be nice if all the previous regime are no longer involved.... And his so called mates too..!!!

15. Buster321c

Buster321c Active Member

Dont waste your time Pete . I made several attempts to speak personally with him , which he avoided , and also stated that ANY and ALL damage ( if there was any , and it was proved to be caused by us ) would personally be rectified by myself at my cost .

Never had a reply , or the promised call back .

Shame really as its lost fair bit of credibility in my eyes now .

Good luck to the new owners though .

16. bassslayer

bassslayer Member

yes craig we was accused of things that never happened but thats politics of mick, for us banning him due to his dodgy dealing on our forum he just wanted revenge on us like you say shame we enjoyed it there ,good luck to the new management too

17. kevperry

kevperry Member

UOTE=jesim1;1065943]Hi Shewolf

I have dropped in time to time and this is the first I have heard of the new management.

It's always good to see people making a go of things and I wish you every success in your new venture.

Maybe a night to help people gain experience or learn to shoot better could be advantageous? After all, I'm sure there are loads of people who have been shooting for "years", but not very well!

Regards

James[/QUOTE]
    Im not the best shot but seem too put a few things in the bag normally 4 from 6 shots kill it might be something I would go too try and zone in on the two other shots lol

18. Shewolf

Hello everyone, I would like to clarify that it is under new ownership as well as new management. Mick is off for the next few weeks due to personal issues, his return is yet to be discussed and there has been no long term decision made. I am not aware of these previous arguments and have no intention of carrying them on. There is no point in getting involved in an argument that does not concern us. We have only just taken over, so it may take a while for word to get about. There have been false reports on the internet that we are actually closed, but there will be more of an internet presence to rectify any false information put out there.
    There is a wealth of information here between shooters, and we encourage that. Many of our more experienced shooters enjoy passing their knowledge on, however knowledge is quite often a personal perception, for this reason we are not hosting nights for that specific purpose. We will in the future be holding special event nights including charity events.

19. Buster321c

Buster321c Active Member

Well said , and we hope you have great success with your new venture . Sadly , it did leave a bad taste in our mouths , so to speak , but its the last managers loss im afraid .

20. royboy2511

royboy2511 Well-Known Member

good look to the new owners.