1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice New Member

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Chong, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Chong

Chong Member

Hello everyone i am newbie and brought a rifle this week i went to the gun shop and i think all he was intrested in was selling me everything he could when i told him i had a hand pump he kind of said i wont be able to put the gun up with it and was saying a cylinder was easier to use and that id have problems getting to 300 and not to let it go under 80 well it was at 150 bar and i thoughtblets see how hard it is well i ended up bruising the palms of my hands. And pumping the rifle up to 250bar i fired it a small amount of air escaped now the bolt action feels as if it has pressure behind it and rifle wont load the next pellet and not even a week old any help would be greatly appreciated i dont want to do anything that will void the warranty either thanks in advance

mikeyhall1, marcus67 and Kj1 like this.
  2. Kj1

Kj1 Posting Addict

:welcome::thumb:

Chong likes this.
  3. Roy64

Roy64 Well-Known Member

250 bar? It would help people to suggest a remedy if you could post the make and model of the air rifle in question..

Chong likes this.
  4. Chong

Chong Member

Its the rotex rm8 cu has 300bar on the gauge and its at 250 bar of air in it atm

Attached Files:

5. Vic Vinegar

Vic Vinegar Posting Addict

Welcome, if it’s the RM8 pictured in your profile then you’ve put too much air in the bottle and exceeded the swp. Don’t know what to do next but I wouldn’t mess about or doing anything really until you get a definitive answer. Probably move the gun out the house too personally lol

6. paj

paj Busy Member

Welcome. Sorry to hear of your plight. Was it working ok to start with?

7. Chong

Chong Member

Im so annoyed too son over dont get much quality time with him and this hes been looking forwad too and we arranged to go monday out shooting and it seems as tho i might have to take it to the gun shop to be fixed before we get to enjoy a day of pellets plinking

8. Chong

Chong Member

Well that was the first time i fired it

9. paj

paj Busy Member

Oh dear, I think it's like Vic Vinegar says don't mess with it till you know exactly what to do.

10. Roy64

Roy64 Well-Known Member

I too would suggest you take the gun to the shop you bought it and explain what you have done.
    Do not attempt to use the gun in the meantime.
    Ask the gun shop to show you how to safely fill it and what to be aware of, if and when they have fixed it.
    The high pressures needed in the airguns are dangerous if you do not know what you are doing.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    rabbitwrecker, paj and Bunyip like this.
  11. Bunyip

Bunyip Member of the Edgun cult

Take it back if it's a week old and explain the situation, either the guns wrong or your doing something wrong. :thumb:

paj likes this.
  12. Chong

Chong Member

Thanks everyone for your advice i thought this would be the outcome that would be i was pumping a few times and the valve was under pressurr and kept popping out so then i managed to pump it up i kept pumping and now messed it up till some gun smith hits my wallet again

Bunyip and paj like this.
  13. Bunyip

Bunyip Member of the Edgun cult

If he's a decent rfd he'll help you out, especially as you bought it from him.

paj likes this.
  14. paj

paj Busy Member

I agree, you bought it from him, its a week old, he should help you out.

Bunyip likes this.
  15. BallisticBill

BallisticBill Looking outside the box

If the gun isn't new then you have no issues regarding invalidating a warranty. I'd be inclined to take it back to the RFD but the only thing that concerns me is the RFD implying you needed to fill it to 300bar. o_O

The maximum fill pressure of the RM8 is 232bar so the good news is you should be well within the safe limits of the cylinder. At excess pressure the firing valve on some guns can lock up. I'm not familiar with the RM8 so I don't know if it has a pressure relief valve or the best way of relieving the excess pressure... someone on the forum will be able to tell you. Try posting a separate thread asking for advice/help.

16. Chong

Chong Member

It seems to have a valve lock does that mean anything from the into i got from a guy on YouTube

17. PmanUK

PmanUK Busy Member

I wouldn't worry about it being dangerous, the worst case scenario is that you blow a value seal or something and that is no big deal, we have all done it (me included on my Galahad!)

I'd take it your RFD and ask them for assistance and if they don't help remember it next time you are spending money.

There will be a way of discharging the bottle, I don't have an RM8 so I can't help on this one sadly.

18. Chong

Chong Member

I have a few photos but i have no experience with pcp rifles and nobidy on youtube fixing these problems as either its dangerous or they make lots of money out of it

19. Lordy 74

Lordy 74 Big Poster

Despite what you or anyone is told about the rec pressure to put in the rm8 do not fill above about 200 bar , do not let it go below about 90 bar . You will still get around 110 / 120 shots in .177 and more in .22 and the rifle will be much healthier for it . Yea , its locked up .

20. Lordy 74

Lordy 74 Big Poster

No , they dont do it to make money . You were given the wrong info if told to pressure that high . 232 is max but too high , 200 bar or there abouts is enough.

Lev Levvin likes this.