1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

New member-s410 problem

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by stu s410, Jul 22, 2007.

1. stu s410

stu s410 Engaging Member

Hi guys, im Stu from Surrey. Iv'e only owned my s410c .22 for a couple of months(I was shooting an old Webley Tempest before but decided to get serious). I hope to go hunting the near future once im good enough(subject to finding land to shoot on). Im currently good for a headshot @ 25yards and improving. However since yesterday my pellets are landing on target sideways. Iv'e always used AA diabolo hunter and never had a problem with them. Iv'e checked my AA silencer for bits of lead or damage but found nothing.Hope u chaps HELP? Thanks STU!!!

2. David

David Engaging Member

Hi stu s410
    It maybe that your rifle does not like AA diabolo hunter pellets, I understand that the s410c is a multi-shot these can be very sensitive to the size and shape of pellet you use, it is also imperative you use good quality pellets that have been loaded into your gun without being damaged eg your AAs have skirts that can be easily damaged with your thumb will cause your pellets to travel anywhere but the bullseye

I would start by trying another brand then go from there

David

3. stu s410

stu s410 Engaging Member

Hi David

Hi David, how r u. Thanks For The advice but to be honest with Ive always used hunters since i got the gun and had no problems with them. I have tried other pellets but they were not as accurate as the hunters. The pellets i shoot do hit bull but they just hit side on Whatever the distance. Hope to hear back from u.

4. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Have you tried shooting without the silencer to see if it makes any difference.

5. stu s410

stu s410 Engaging Member

Hi Andy

No I haven't. I Thought about it yesterday but never got round to it. I'll give it a go when I get back from work(weather permitting)and see what happens, cheers Andy, Stu.:)

6. Murphy

Murphy Well-Known Member

Maybe you 1st zeroed the gun with a little wind or there is a little wind now??
    Unless you zero in a completely wind free environment you may always get little changes in zero. :D

7. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

AA hunter diabolo

Hi Stu,I use AAHD for my .22 RWS Excalibre.I find that they need a really clean barrel compared with older type pellets.

8. David

David Engaging Member

Hi mate I was talking to a gunsmith today and the conversation came up about rifling effecting pellet trajectory and how the last two to three inchs of rifleing from the muzzle end is what mostly effects a pellets flight, Hence the reason for follow-through (keeping the gun still even though you have allready shot the target)

This may or may not be rubbish but have you cleaned the barrel

Cheers

David

9. stu s410

stu s410 Engaging Member

pellet problem

Hi Murphy, to be honest im more or less indoors when shooting. Cheers mate. Stu.:up:

10. stu s410

stu s410 Engaging Member

clean barrel

Hi Potshot, thanks for the advice. How often do you clean your Barrel(how may shoots)?I've shoot about 3500+ sofar, cheers mate Stu.

11. stu s410

stu s410 Engaging Member

follow-through

Hello mate, follow-through is one of the first things I learnt about proper airguning when I got the gun 5 or 6 weeks ago. Thanks for the advice anway. Stu:up:

12. stu s410

stu s410 Engaging Member

remove silencer

Hi Andy, just tried it without the silencer @ 50 feet and it was great.So I put the silencer back on andshoot more @ 50 feet, again it was great so I went to 25 Yards and again it was great. Don't know whats happened but it seems to have just cured itself. Cheers mate , Stu:up::D

13. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Cleaning Barrels

Hi Stu,I clean barrels when I've shot about 2500 pellets or when accuracy suffers.It can vary alot depending on the pellets used and the barrel its self.

14. David

David Engaging Member

Problem solved, sorted :D:up:

15. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

welcome stu, were not all mad but it helps if you are..:eek:;)

16. stu s410

stu s410 Engaging Member

mad

Hi Rockabilly, am I mad, probably!!!:D:up:

17. Geordie Bri

Geordie Bri Newbie

Pellet Choice

Hi Stu

Have you tried lead free pellets? As they don't leave a lead residue in the barrell. Logan penetrators are lead free, Good weight and very accurate.

And they work well in pcp's :up:

Bri

18. Murphy

Murphy Well-Known Member

They are about as lead free as a church roof. :rolleyes:

19. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Pb

If it's not lead it's not going through any of my barrels!!
    No one yet has made a good Pb free pellet.
    Proper airguns are designed to use lead and lead alone any other pellet will push your gun (if its close to 12 ftlbs) over the UK limit.As the law states that no (unlicenced) airweapon can exeed the limit with ANY ammunition.
    Manufacturers and importers of such pellets are technically making criminals of us all.
    Grey area? I bet the police wont think so if you get checked!!!

20. stu s410

stu s410 Engaging Member

lead free

Hi Gordie Bri , I have to agree with Potshot, the guns designed to shoot lead so Id rather not risk it. Could this be why I never see them being used in the air mags when they are testing guns or hunting. Cheers Stu:up: