1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

New Friend Old Friend

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by Jimmypie, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

hello all , I’ve been in and out of air rifles and pistols like a fiddlers elbow all my life , but here’s the latest “in” :rolleyes:

After visiting my local in search of a pcp with a £500 budget The HW110 ticked all the boxes for me except budget , budget was a silly idea anyway :p
    Only plinked in the garden so far but it’s very light , very quiet , and very fun , I read the reviews , good and bad , mine is whole heartedly positive so far , no massive expense on optics , my garden range is around 25 mtrs if I sit in the back of my workshop so no real need for big magnification but I have to say the Vector is very pleasant for the money , dialled in under half of my first magazines worth and maybe 200 shots later it’s still there .

Then I thought to myself “I’ll check in on AGF...” logged in , the obligatory search through the classifieds first :eek: and I see an early Gunpower Stealth up for sale not more than 15minutes from my house , the funny thing is I owned one , maybe this one around 2002/2003 and traded it in at East Grinstead guns , I really enjoyed it , it shot straight and true but “in and OUT” ment it had to go .
    Anyway , I bought it :p and again it shoots straight , and it’s big fun (to me)

So behold , my space guns , my last rifles were more traditional , wooden stocks and cleaner lines so I’ve gone the other way with these two , both set up for tacticool
    Goodness.
    I’ll add more pics along the way , but here’s a few to get us going :)

Sorry the pics are at an odd angle , the uploader kept flipping them for some reason ‍♂️

23055525-2A46-45A6-BD81-300DD1CF10AC.jpeg E81B8B5D-B041-4145-AB25-E2D14381F604.jpeg FCB2DF46-DC1F-4D6F-8F92-034FD764C856.jpeg 9D8482B1-62AB-4867-B6D5-1A563398F68E.jpeg

2. Gary Jones

Gary Jones Big Poster

What a nice pair you have

Jimmypie likes this.
  3. Robgriff1

Robgriff1 Keyboard Hero

Very stealthy :cool:

Jimmypie likes this.
  4. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Pro Poster

Both nice rifles but those stealths are sweet, and I'm not down with the "tacti-cool" either as it goes against my principles but if I had to choose one it'd be the stealth...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    Jimmypie likes this.
  5. scoie

scoie Engaging Member

i really do like the look of the stealths , how do they shoot as they seem to be a marmite gun? apologies for the stupid questions but are they single shot , how many shots per charge , whats the trigger/accuracy like? i could see myself owning one of these to be honest if the review is any good. they are a nic pair

kind rgds
    craig

Jimmypie and TORNADOS7 like this.
  6. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Pro Poster

Single shot buddy, never had the pleasure of shooting one though which is a shame but the reviews are good, excellent rifles by all accounts... :thumb:

Jimmypie likes this.
  7. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

Hi Craig , no need for apologies , and yes marmite they are , and have been for as far back as I first laid eyes on one in the early 2000’s , as said this is my second time round in 15yrs with an original model , and just like back then I’ve (so far after a few dozen shots in my garden zeroing the scope ) got no complaints on accuracy , I hope to next week take the pair out for a bigger stretch of the legs :) .

It’s a single shot , very simple , push the bolt forward , thumb in a pellet direct to the breech , close bolt and knock the bolt handle either left or right , the safety auto engages , it is inside the trigger guard in front of the trigger , it’s very stiff but can be disengaged with a little nudge from your trigger finger , gentle squeeze and pop :) , it’s pretty quiet , most of the noise coming from the action itself , the screw on mod is actually hollow with no baffles so I think with some lagging added it could be quieter still. It’s decently accurate on my small range , and the previous owner had no complaints either .
    There is no regulator on board , the bottle is massive , estimated at 450-500 shots from a fill .
    Dovetail rails galore , they are everywhere you’d need one on the rifle , upper and lower forend and of course above the breech for scopes , so bolt ons pose no problems , scope alignment can be tricky as the bottle is inline so highish mounts required , if you’ve got a big melon then expect to put a riser rail underneath , Ive opted for a dovetail-picatinny adaptor as my scope was already sitting in pictaninny mounts , they are low mounts , but even on the riser it’s right on the limit for a comfortable cheek weld , I may get some mediums on there .

Take down is easy peasy , and a nice feature in keeping with the hitech look :)

Overall and after a couple days getting reacquainted I still like it , I paid half retail from the classifieds for this with the mod , bipod and scope which I think is a fair price considering it’s age. (back in 2003 I paid full retail , plus all the extras ! ) , I already had a divers bottle and all that jazz so to me , it was a great and somewhat nostalgic pick up for the price of a nice springer .

I’ll try and get some detailed pics up should you wish :) .

Rm29, Shoto1 and 2506sendero like this.
  8. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Looking good, enjoy :thumb:

Jimmypie likes this.
  9. scoie

scoie Engaging Member

Thanks jimmy pie really appreciate the write up , I think it’s going to be an itch that will need scratching they look great and with such a large shot count , ticks all the boxes for me
    Atb
    Craig

Shoto1 and Jimmypie like this.
  10. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

New friend got a new scope and a dinky little mod :)

Falcon optics 1-8x24 & Huggett Atom , she’s a bit noisier now but nothing to complain about for paper punching .

EDA58D83-41C3-4611-8F57-D8B01B77E92A.jpeg
    BB40E61C-BA0A-461E-B2E5-8A3BBB777222.jpeg
    666953E0-3783-45AE-B036-60A229D8FC41.jpeg
    15mtrs @ 1x mag
    0EDB014C-8EFF-476A-B62B-1BAE3331D1C3.jpeg

15mtrs @ 3.5ish mag

AF1DEFD8-B7DA-4224-84B2-DEBAC53973A1.jpeg

Sadly couldn’t get the phone to focus any further at this short range . Can’t wait to get her out for a proper zero .

rabbitwrecker, MaHa, Reevo17 and 2 others like this.
  11. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

My first proper outing with the 110k outside of the garden with some friends on private land , our impromptu range set up , furthest targets set at 40mtrs .
    60952FDB-22E5-46C3-8A92-4A7456690966.jpeg

967735CF-A2DA-4A71-85A6-CB2403754AC7.jpeg
    trying some .22 Hades pellets after seeing the good results and feedback thread by @Shoto1 :) ,
    B747405A-E535-4B36-A292-C9AB1B86F686.jpeg

Two groups of five , left was zeroing , right to finish :)

0FF9DC2C-6F10-4D55-A206-CBF6DAE1A6A1.jpeg

rabbitwrecker and Shoto1 like this.
  12. louisvanhovell

louisvanhovell Busy Member

Very nice, thank you for sharing. Nice pair :cool:

Jimmypie likes this.
  13. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

@Jimmypie

Nice setup there :up:

Good shooting - Those groups will get even tighter... excellent pellets.

Jimmypie likes this.
  14. C220w205

C220w205 May Contain Nuts.

I'm liking the HW110 with the Huggett, very sexy!

Jimmypie likes this.
  15. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

Thanks all , nice to get out , a mixed bag to play with today :)

CCCE41B3-EEEF-47B4-8C1E-05FCA5B6BD08.jpeg

16. jb37

jb37 posted

Nice collection enjoy

Jimmypie likes this.
  17. C220w205

C220w205 May Contain Nuts.

Oh now that’s just showing off, lovely collection though :cool:

Jimmypie likes this.
  18. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

Ah not all mine , just some of what the guys bought along :)

C220w205 likes this.
  19. Meal Dot

Meal Dot Engaging Member

I think our tastes are very similar! :thumb:
    Cheers, Martin

Jimmypie likes this.
  20. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

So last weekend had me shooting a few different pieces , one of which was the BSA Scorpion single shot , second down in this pic ,

768CF41E-340D-4255-98CA-F9C8DA22C8A4.jpeg

the owner who’s had it for a long time had fallen out of love and decided it was up for grabs , super cheap .... so after a fills worth of .22 pellets later , getting some good groups and enjoying it , I made him an offer over the camp fire and it came home with me on the Sunday morning :)

Fast forward a few days , a beech stock , Huggett Belita and Discovery VT3 compact later , another old new friend is welcomed to the fold :D

5F15B4CB-3D5D-4A73-9E4B-761DB5079763.jpeg

583B8FC0-9EED-48C1-90A3-FAD656B63DFF.jpeg