1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

New chroney needed

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by goatboy, Mar 12, 2014.

1. goatboy

goatboy Engaging Member

Yesterday whilst fitting a new tyre to the motor for the MOT, the wife starts screaming 'FIRE'. i run in to find my chronoscope has fallen off the side by my airgun pile to land on the rear hot plate of the oven and is flaming away nicely. Needless to say the remaining melted sludge is useless, however wifey is suitably understanding of my loss and is going to buy me a new one. I'm suggesting an upgrade to a more expensive model so i can do my multi pumps aswell, the wife has not disagreed with me as yet so all is looking good. Every cloud has a silver lining is the motto of this tale.

2. tisme

tisme Donator

3. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

No suggestion of price I note!

4. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

Could it be she's not fighting the new purchase because she could have knocked it off whilst cooking :up: I would put some pressure on fella, you could try the guilt trip and push for a something nice credit card purchase ;) :)

5. goatboy

goatboy Engaging Member

Price wise i'm not to bothered, as long as it's not one that you attach with elastic bands and gets holes shot through them whilst not paying attention. However i don't think i can guilt trip enough to get the one that tisme has suggested, very sexy as it is though. Lets just see how well i do busking at Cheltenham races.:rocka:

6. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

7. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

I bought a Prochrono on Gantongunner's recommendation and I have to say that it's really good. Dead simple to use etc.

8. Big Jim

Big Jim Engaging Member

9. Chinnymonster81

Chinnymonster81 Busy Member

Pro chrono digital as well. Smart bit of kit.

10. goatboy

goatboy Engaging Member

Stone me, spoilt for choice here.

11. goatboy

goatboy Engaging Member

In the interests of accuracy, 'Goatboy' should point out that his loving wife had warned him umpteen times that his growing pile of airgun accessories were creeping ever closer to the oven and would end up catching on fire one day. No I didn't knock it down, cheek! He should also point out that the chronoscope was already broken where he'd managed to shoot into it whilst testing rifles ... twice! There is only one accident prone person in this house and it isn't his wife ;)

12. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

:claping::claping:

13. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Matey, you've been found out!

fail.jpg

14. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

This sounds like Mrs Goatboy - now we know who wears the trousers in the Goat household. :D

Have a look at the CED M2 - yes it is a little more expensive, but NOT THAT MUCH MORE. It is what I use to produce the test figures for th magazines - it can be used downrange, unlike the Skan. The big difference with the CED is that SHOULD you shoot it when placing it down at the target end of the range, you can buy each piece seperately. You don't have to buy the whole kit and kaboodle again. In the interests of safety, I am having a protective sheet made from, probably a sheet of aluminium, to prevent a mishap of that sort! I had a very close call yesterday at 35 yards, the pellet hit one of the plastic uprights, kited off and keyholed in the target - nothing broken, but it was sufficient warning to prevent me trying the 50 yards data gathering we usually do.

15. 1961nuffield

1961nuffield Honorary Member

Goatboy you've been hacked ;)

John

16. tisme

tisme Donator

Not going to be cheap but very easy to use and meant to be very accurate. They will also tell the bullet speed at up to 100 yards away which will help a lot with ballistics. In the states they are saying around $500. I have one on order so will let you know.

17. goatboy

goatboy Engaging Member

Being hacked by Mrs Goatboy is but a small price to pay for the wide range of airgunning time that she allows me, i mean there's not too many people who are freely allowed by their spouses to strip rifles on the dining table.:D

18. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Mine does - I'm not getting rid any time soon!

19. tombillings916

tombillings916 Donator

Years ago used the cooker gas ring to get the old bearing out of my Lambretta Flywheel housing - the wife went nuts but it worked a treat unfortunately that was the last time I tried it on threat of immediate death!