1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Never say never - keep an open mind...

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by 177, Mar 14, 2014.

1. 177

177 Donator

If someone had told me I'd have a synthetic stock multishot PCP a couple of years ago I'd have thought they were nuts.

My go-to PCP rig in now a synthetic stocked multishot, which probably just goes to show something. In fact, it is now my only PCP, which probably just goes to show even more.

Recently I've had the barrel shortened on my Logun Dominator, dropped a shorter SAK moderator onto it and I eventually and very reluctantly took my Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 mild dot scope off today and put the Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 BDC on instead.

I knew it was the right move and I've had the Prostaff sitting patiently in its box for ages now but I finally did the deed this afternoon.

So, to anyone who might have made the prediction that I thought I'd never go for, meet my go-to hunting rig in its current guise:

[​IMG]

Shortening the barrel and the shorter silencer has bought me 6" - the gun is about the same length as an Ultra with a mod fitted, and I can now use it from the confines of a vehicle without ending up sticking the thing up my own nose :rolleyes:

This is what it did look like:

[​IMG]

I'll be modding the SAK to quieten it down a little more but, other than that, I'm sticking with the gun exactly as it is.

The point I am meandering towards here is that this gun would never have even been a contender - it came into my possession following a set of unusual circumstances and I amazed myself by immediately taking to it.

It's light, very consistent, has accuracy by the bucketload, easy to look after, good shot count, etc, etc.

Don't discount products without at least trying them - this gun was a revelation to me and I will be the first to admit it totally caught me by surprise when I started using it.

You couldn't persuade me to part with it now, and my other PCPs have now gone the journey because this one ticks all the boxes. I'm not saying it's perfect, or that it would suit everyone, but it suits me very well and in the last 12 months has accounted for many hundreds (literally) of rabbits and pigeons.

The downside is that leaves me with a Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 mild dot scope to figure out what I'm going to do with...

2. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

Very nice mate ...what have you cleaned the stock with looks nice

3. 177

177 Donator

Kleenex with balm :)

4. Ady B

Ady B Donator

That's a tool for a job and it has the added bonus of looking pretty cool too :)
    I felt exactly the same way about my Brocock Enigma, which came to me on loan with the option to buy... I took one look at it and thought "it's not for me".... After i put 3 mags through it, i soon realised it was for me After all...
    5 years later and i still have her, with no plans of parting company anytime soon.... ;)

5. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Looks great and better with the shorter barrel too. It's funny what paths we follow and you can never rule anything in or out

6. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

Iv never liked tactical stocks or bullpup rifles but a few weeks ago I bought a tactical bullpup rifle lol atb

7. The Robin

i said when it got my hw100 I would never sell it but I did and I also said I would never own a daystate electric thing but I do now :D

8. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

Why did you sell it Robin?

9. warrenater

warrenater Donator

Hmmmm i am in need of a ratter and was leaning towards another theoben but you have given me something to tbink about . Whats the shot count like now you have modded her . And .177 or .22 ? Atb gary

10. 177

177 Donator

Mine is .22

I won't be buying or shooting any more .177 air rifles other then my HW99

I used to fill every 10 mags which is 80 shots and there was still some gas in the tank.

Rumour has it that 110 shots is possible.

11. The Robin

I bought a custom one off mfr .20 with nutshot shroud and had to make room for it :D

12. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

Thats true barry i to have a tactical stocked pcp after turning my noes up at them previously.

It just felt right to shoulder and i clicked with it straight away.

Now ive always said oh a b2! Never never will i get one.........nah think i will not bother after all lol:)

How does the sak fair up in the moderating department?

I just had a mwss custom 150mm x 35mm for my scorpion se as i wanted to keep the length down and it does a good job.

Gaz

13. 177

177 Donator

Standard SAK is ok but not a patch on a Weihrauch

Modified though, and it's a peach :)

14. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

What's the plan for the SAK? I've got one on my .17hmr and it works quite well for that round, but I've never tried it on a PCP.

15. 177

177 Donator

Felt added internally and a washer at the front with a reduced diameter hole barely bigger than a pellet.

Much, much quieter than standard :)

Got a stock one for a .22LR and they are pretty good on live round guns but poor on air rifles unless you modify them.

16. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Might have to try that. Cheers fella.

17. 177

177 Donator

Just don't forget to take it all out again if you put the SAK back on the HMR...

;)

18. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Smoky!

Think I might try it with a new one, just to be on the safe side...

19. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Looks good, have you tried a swift stumpy? A lot lighter than a SAK and usually a bit better too.
    Looking at the photo, you could probably get a UK Neil reflex silencer for it which is made of aluminium and work well.

20. 177

177 Donator

I know I can get a better off the peg mod for air rifle use but the modified SAK is actually really good; just a shade behind a Weihrauch and more than good enough.

I have sold a load of guns and scopes recently in an effort to distill my kit down to stuff I actually use :rolleyes:

Other than this Logun I'm down to 3 Weihrauch springers and my old Theoben Sirocco

The HW77 might be going in a week or two to someone who has repeatedly asked for it (it shoots really nicely after a lot of work) which leaves the HW99S and my HW95, and I'm still trying to convince myself that I need both :rolleyes:

I am going to be using .22 live, .223 and .270 a lot in the coming years, but I will still be doing a lot of rabbit control with air rifles :)