1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Question Name and shame section?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by culcreuch, Aug 29, 2014.

1. culcreuch

culcreuch Donator

In the few weeks that I have had the rifle I have been ordering quite a few different types of pellets...mostly from the big auction site. I have recently had problems with a seller. I had only ordered a couple of different tins....so it is not a big loss.....but it should never have happened and probably wouldn't have if I had taken the time to look at his feedback properly.The problem is.....he sells reputable makes and the prices are quite good for the makes sold, and he obviously knows how to use the system to stitch you up :-(

Is there anywhere on the forum where unscrupulous sellers can be named and shamed to prevent the same thing happening to someone else?

Brian

2. 177

177 Donator

I ordered a DPM windproof smock recently off a certain auction site that we all know.

Seller sent it while I was on holiday. No worries, I bought lots of other items and just did what I usually do, came home expecting a bunch of "we tried to deliver..." cards through the door and me having to make a trip to a local depot, which I did, for everything else apart from the DPM smock, of which there was no sign.

The seller has adopted the attitude of "you should have told me you were away". Additionally I found that there is a difference between MyHermes Tracked and a signed for service - apparently the 'tracked' part consists of staff and drivers filling in the blanks as they go, including at point of delivery.

So they say it was sent and delivered.

I'm saying I'd like to know where it was delivered to, and who to, given that I was away for a fortnight with my daughter,

At the end of the day, no matter which way this goes, both of us lose out. I don't get what I wanted and they will end up with negative feedback unless they refund my money.

The one sticking point for me is that there was no card through the door from MyHermes stating that a parcel had been left somewhere, or with someone, yet the fact that their system says it was delivered appears to be sufficient for he seller to dig in :down:

This is only the second time I have encountered an issue in many hundreds of transactions on that site, but it's still aggravating when it does happen :(

At the end of the day though it's not life changing amounts of money, nobody got hurt, so keep moving forward, onward, and upward :)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  3. Wynne G Oldman

Wynne G Oldman Engaging Member

Perhaps a "Fame Or Shame" section would be fairer, so that both good and bad experiences with vendors could be posted?

4. 177

177 Donator

Trouble is, human nature being what it is, we take excellent service for granted most of the time, but shout and bleat from the rafters if we feel poorly treated :)

5. culcreuch

culcreuch Donator

So true

6. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

hello, if you buy any thing off ebay if that is what you mean you have a 100% secure getting your money back for items not recieved after a certain period, items not as descibed, or faulty goods, and there is a space to leave a message if you wish to, i tried to order a pair of jack pike chaps, first one said 10 in stock took money then they emailed to say none in stock so i said was not on and got a refund, second said had in stock took money but they never arrived after 3 weeks took a claim out and refunded , hence my wanted ad on here.

7. culcreuch

culcreuch Donator

If only it was that simple for me. This guy did not deliver so I opened a case. He said he would resend the 2 items. Unannounced a package arrived which I signed for. It contained one of the items. I contacted him to say I had received one and asked if the other had been sent separately as there was no packing note..Then the tracking details arrived which showed that 'both' had been sent under the same tracking number. He quickly escalated the case and supplied the signature that I had given when the single tin was delivered. So as far as the auction house is concerned I received the goods.

So to cut a long story short...I paid for two tins and 2 lots of postage. I got the cheap tin and he kept the rest....and there is nothing I can do about it.

8. Tadpole

Tadpole Honorary Member

The forum is not the place to vent but the site you bought from using their safety/refund procedure.
    Should anyone feel they wish to know more the pm should be used.

What happens as maybe an isolated incident, very quickly turns into a witch hunt total unrelated to AGF .. hth

9. culcreuch

culcreuch Donator

Point taken and apologies. I was however careful not to name names. I have found such information useful on other forums for different interests.

I think my question has now been answered.

Would a mod please lock this...or delete it.

Thanks

10. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

I suggested a section for on going retail feedback a month or 2 ago, but nothing came of it :(

11. harry brown

harry brown Banned BANNED

The problems are fairly obvious in that liable comments would soon be made against an innocent party and court action taken. Ebay only allows FB from its own sales and can dictate how FB is used, this forum has no control as to sales made elsewhere.

I'm sure a cyber legal eagle will correct me though.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  12. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Yes that's an issue, also you have no control over knowing whether it's feedback is for a sale or for the sake of it.

13. Wynne G Oldman

Wynne G Oldman Engaging Member

I think that this forum is the very place to name and shame bad, and good suppliers. Those that are good should do well out of the publicity, and forum members are warned about the bad ones?

14. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

i worked in a prestigious mark garage for years and loads would try to get freebies by slating you, but in the 8 years i had 3 people write letters of commendation in and when you read them you get a great sense of pride that some one has taken the time to praise you in a letter addressed to the md. i always put at least 100% into my work and its nice when your appreciated.

people only like to talk about getting hard done by and complain, never enough praise, it makes your day when you get it.

15. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster