1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

my95k project

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by Speed, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Speed

Speed Busy Member

thaught id start a little project diary for my 95 so i can look back when its done

i got the 95k in september 2013 new from ron daily airguns in barnsley, my first gun to get me into the sport of hft

after shooting a few tins of pellets i gave the 95 to a club member for a strip and relube to try eliminate some twang, and the twang was reduced and the whole rifle was a whole lot smoother, this got me thinking' how much better could it be with a tuning kit:D

so we have begun...

as you may have seen in another topic i have a welsh willy kit on order:D:D but with me been a tinkerer i coudent just fit a kit, so far i have on order the ww tuning kit, a hw98 barrel that im importing from germany, some ptft sheet to make a piston liner and tomorrow i am sending my piston off for buttoning:up:

in order to send the piston off i need to strip the rifle, never ever been inside a rifle before, only removed the stock once:eek:so off to youtube.

i found a video showing how to strip it, it was 4.5mins long, followed it and got the 95stripped in 4.5mins, wow that was so easy to strip

95k.jpg so this is how it looked when i started

fast forward 4.5mins and i now have a pile of parts

95k stripped.jpg

hopefully the next update will be with a shiny buttoned piston:up:

2. Alexdermietzel

Alexdermietzel Keyboard Hero

Your name says it all Speed :), 4.5mins!

3. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

It always good to tune our own rifles, it great fun and will be watching how it comes along :up:

Have you got a link to web site you ordered you hw98 barrel from? I quite fancy one for my hw95

4. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Do you mind me asking where you're having the buttoning done and how much it's costing you?

5. Smithz

Smithz Well-Known Member

Thanks for the thread speed!

This is gold to me as I plan to take my 95 apart soon so I can get a tuning kit (unsure on what one yet) and what ever other little improvements my very limited tinkering skills allow me. :D

6. Speed

Speed Busy Member

thanks for the replies guys, to answen a few questions

the barrel was from http://www.versandhaus-schneider.de and all in it was £119 delivered to my door, i orded it on wed evening and it came today ( i will take some pics etc later)

the piston is getting buttoned by the guy who did mark.177's as seen in http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/174088-getting-a-hw95-piston-buttoned/page2

his ebay is http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/ngtrv6
    he is charging £40 + return postage, im having special delivery so payed for that, he is also fitting me a ptfe piston liner for £4

smithz it was easy to strip i just followed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ux0xVwUj54

when i get my piston and cylinder back i will be onto fettling parts, like polishing the cocking slot, anything else i need to do? polish the cocking shoe? anything else i need to tweak/fettle before re assembly ?

7. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

Can't wait to shoot this..still won't match my Tx Jamie lol

8. mark.177

mark.177 Donator

the cocking shoe may need some work! mine rubbed against the piston liner and i had to take it back about a mm in thickness off the bottom which was tedious! i used a piece of dowel the same circumference as the inside of the piston wrapped in 250 grit wet and dry and just started rubbing the base of the shoe till when fitted in the cylinder slot and didnt rub the liner then polished it with some 400 grit and 600 grit wet and dry.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  9. Speed

Speed Busy Member

barrel

i was not expecting to update so soon but my barrel came from germany today,it as delivered on the 3rd working day after ordering:), delivered to my door may i add, no messing about with rfd's

IMG_2216.jpg IMG_2215.jpg

i weighed the parts incase anyone was interested

the 95 barrel 700g
    95 b + silencer 840g
    98 barrel 1280g

so the total weight gain is 440g so that weight should kill the muzzle flip for sure, and unless my eyes are playing tricks the riffling is not as deep at the 95's, match barrel maybe? my ev2 barrel has shallow riffling

half a dozen patches in the pull thru to get rid of the transit grease/oil crap and its ready for fitting

10. Speed

Speed Busy Member

you will be selling the tx and getting a 95 after you have shot this epic 95

11. Speed

Speed Busy Member

yes i had a few rub lines on the liner, will check it out when cylinder comeback

12. mark.177

mark.177 Donator

should be hardly any muzzle flip when its all done with that barrel!
    with the extra weight of the shroud i added and the 100grams of weight added to the mod internally heres a vid of mine shooting with a pellet balanced on the mod... the rifle balances really well with the extra weight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RtZkg3027M&feature=youtu.be

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  13. Speed

Speed Busy Member

i hope not mark, they say the 177 is more prone to flip, yours looks nice and steady in the vid

i aslo added weight into the silencer 200g lead filled socket but i dont know of it was clipping or what but my zero dropped about 2" so re zerod then after 5 shots it was a few inch low again so i took it off

14. mark.177

mark.177 Donator

thats why I went for the. 22 its a bit softer to start with. point of impact will drop if you add weight because of the reduced muzzle flip not sure why yours dropped twice? was the weight secure in the mod? could have been clipping? or may have been to much weight to far forward causing the barrel to partially open under recoil maybe?

15. Speed

Speed Busy Member

yas it was nice and tight in the mod, i used tape to shim the weight and make a tight fit and it had a 7mm hole down the centre

not much to report on the 95, i only have a stock, trigger and barrel atm, im just waiting for parts to come back,

i did however polish my cocking shoe, when people mention polishing how far do they go? ive gone for a mirror polish, im going to do the same for the piston and cocking slot...
    IMG_2218.jpg

16. Speed

Speed Busy Member

piston

the piston is back :D

5 nice little buttons fitted along with a ptfe liner
    IMG_2229.jpg

im going to buy a polishing mop and some polish later and give the piston and cocking slot a mirror finish then its ready to refit once the ww kit arrives

17. mark.177

mark.177 Donator

nice one:up: just watch that cocking shoe doesnt foul the ptfe piston sleeve, it may need taking back a little. mine needed about 1mm sanded off.
    i wrapped a sheet of 250 grit wet and dry round a broom handle and worked it down then polished with 400 and 800 grit

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  18. Speed

Speed Busy Member

still waiting for my welsh willy kit:( its been 20 working days

everything is lined up all clean and polished ready to be re fitted, (i did need to take abit off the shoe mark)

i have on order a jack pyke sling and barrel band/stud, i was not going to bother with a sling but the extra 1/2 kg on the barrel and the fact i did 3 hours last night carrying a rapid 7 round fields with no sling soon changed my mind

19. Speed

Speed Busy Member

well the brakes have been firmly on this project waiting for my ww kit, well guess what..... its still not arrived but i need to have a working springbob for a hft comp on sat morn sooooo...

i had to order a lube kit from abbey
    IMG_2274.jpg

time to refit the std spring and try get a zero for ready for the weekend

IMG_2275.jpg
    all ready to go...
    so i got it fitted few test shots and time for the crono first shot 800fps second 796fps third 800fps :eek: fek

back in bits, when i got the piston buttoned and ptfe liner in the guy fitted a derlin washer in the piston to hold down the ptfe liner, took that out rebuilt and re tested

a 5shot string=

nice and consistant and running at 10.7ftlb that will do for me, i will try find time to put a few thru it tomorrow and do a retest,

there is zero flip with the 98 barrel and its nice and smooth with the buttoned piston, no twang, we will have to wait and see if it gets smoother with the ww kit, the kit will probs turn up tomorrow now its back together

got the sling fitted too

IMG_2258.jpg IMG_2276.jpg

20. reaper6

reaper6 Banned

Loverrrly looking job mate